Yet Another Cache Idea

after reading the nutty fun cache thread I decided to get some input on my idea. A puzzle cache of sorts.

Not sure if it has been done but would it be feasable to have the cacher have to build something on sight in order to find the cache? I mean by reading directions in the first stage they can build a pointing device that will point to the cache location. All materials will be available on sight (sticks etc) and anything else will be contained in the first stage. I don't want to go too much into the details but I think you should be able to understand what I'm getting at. I will test it on my 8 yr old prior to placing it.

Input??

Two ideas come to mind. A multi where you have to collect the parts to find the final cache would be interesting. More interesting would be the doubloon key ala "The Goonies" movie. You know where the kids look through the coin and match up the landmarks to find a bearing? How about two or three successive disks with cutouts that slowly get covered up by stacking them so that in the end only one object is left for the cache to be found. Like this...

keycache.jpg

Sounds like great fun.

You'll want to make sure the materials can't be taken away. Bank pens are on chains becuase a lot of people walk off with them on accident. Some idiots might actually steal the materials, but mostly they'd disappear by someone not even thinking about it.

And if they have to take the materials from stage one to get to stage two, and you're hoping they return them to stage one... think again. Some will, but a lot won't.

If none of that applies to your cache idea, then it sounds like a great one! Go for it.

I like the idea of having an amulet TB which fits on top of a pole of a certain length. The length of the pole is determined by the inscription on the amulet...but here's the really cool thing: The front side says the pole is x feet long, but the BACK side says to subtract y feet! That way, if somebody happens to only write down the directions of one side or if one side is scarred into your palm because you grabbed it out of a fire, you wouldn't know the right dimensions and would be searching in the TOTALLY wrong place!

The pole gets inserted in a specific hole (so this'll probably be a mystery cache) and at just the right time of day, the sun shines through a crystal in the amulet and, like a laser, burns a mark onto a map!!

I got this idea from a dream but don't have the resources, so anyone is free to use it. Just give credit where it's due!

-Team J&J

I like the idea of having an amulet TB which fits on top of a pole of a certain length. The length of the pole is determined by the inscription on the amulet...but here's the really cool thing: The front side says the pole is x feet long, but the BACK side says to subtract y feet! That way, if somebody happens to only write down the directions of one side or if one side is scarred into your palm because you grabbed it out of a fire, you wouldn't know the right dimensions and would be searching in the TOTALLY wrong place!

The pole gets inserted in a specific hole (so this'll probably be a mystery cache) and at just the right time of day, the sun shines through a crystal in the amulet and, like a laser, burns a mark onto a map!!

I got this idea from a dream but don't have the resources, so anyone is free to use it. Just give credit where it's due!

-Team J&J

Just remember to inscribe the disk in ancient Hebrew, just to raise the difficulty...

-Team J&J

Just remember to inscribe the disk in ancient Hebrew, just to raise the difficulty...

And watch out for snakes.