Official Nh Coin

NotThePainter

I've read the pinned threads, so I know about some of the companies that manufacturer them, but the questions I have are far more mundane.

Where does the upfront money come from? Are you allowed to presell the coins and collect the funds and hand that over to the coin manufacturer? Seems to me that that would involve some amount of trust on the part of the buyer. But without pre-sales, how can a private individual raise the thousands of dollars that is needed for an GC trackable coin with GC icon?

Also, pre-sales would seem to allow a lower price since you know you don't have build a profit into the price to hedge your risk.

I'm pretty sure I can handle all the other details, ok, not so sure, but at least I think I can, but man, this upfront money question can be a real show stopper. How did other people handle this?

Paul

Contact a mfr...I am partial to coinsAndPins myself...tell them what you have in mind...draw up some rough drafts....they can help you with the final design & take care of the Tracking Numbers and Icon too.

I would say that 99.9% of the folks here would be willing to pre-order and commit to paying up when the time comes for delivery. as kealia says, you will not have any trouble re-couping your expenses...if you make them available at a reasonable price (include a small amount over and above the cost of postage and packging)...you will be amazed at how fast those lttle gems will leave your hands.

New Hampshire?....YES.....I'm in for at least 10......being a Native New Englander (Born in Boston, MA)...I'd love to have those. Hope you are thinking about including "The Old Man Of The Mountain" in your design, since it is falling apart up there and future generations may never get to see it.

please do me a favor, though....DO NOT Epoxy Coat them....let me FEEL the Metal.

New Hampshire?....YES.....I'm in for at least 10......being a Native New Englander (Born in Boston, MA)...I'd love to have those. Hope you are thinking about including "The Old Man Of The Mountain" in your design, since it is falling apart up there and future generations may never get to see it.

Falling apart? Didn't the whole thing come crashing down?

He is incorporating it. He has prelim thoughts in the NE forums. They look very cool!

I will be in for a bunch of coins. I really wouldn't worry about recouping.

I also think the presale is fine. I think most of the coins I have received were presales. I think the people fronted the art and die fees so they could get a sample minted; just make sure to advertise well that it is a presell when people are paying.

Good luck I can't wait!

The Old Man will certainly be on the coin, but sadly, he is no more, he collapsed a few years back...

I am not sure I have ever bought a coin that was NOT a pre-sell.

So everybody just paypals the funds to me, I collect it all up, then I send that off to a coin vendor? That really seems to minimize my risk.

Yes, but you don't collect any funds until the coin design is completed and the coin has been sent to the mint. You are allowed a 3 week presale grace period with PayPal. Any longer and you risk your account being frozen.

Yes, but you don't collect any funds until the coin design is completed and the coin has been sent to the mint. You are allowed a 3 week presale grace period with PayPal. Any longer and you risk your account being frozen.

I don't understand this, I'm sorry. We run a lot of my wife's business (she's a freelance writer and editor AND a cacher) off of paypal, we pass some pretty large sums through it, but what is the pre-sale grace period? People send funds and they're not allowed to complain about no coins for 3 weeks? That seems reasonable if that's what it means.

Thanks!

I don't understand this, I'm sorry. We run a lot of my wife's business (she's a freelance writer and editor AND a cacher) off of paypal, we pass some pretty large sums through it, but what is the pre-sale grace period? People send funds and they're not allowed to complain about no coins for 3 weeks? That seems reasonable if that's what it means.

Thanks!

That's the guideline. It's on their site. Just ask the people who produced NY and Nevada about their experiences when their accounts got locked up.

Thanks!

There was some problems on E-Bay with people "selling" computers made to order. These persons held monies for a long period of time in effect to fund the parts purchase, them build and ship. E-bay changed it's policy that items must be manufactured or in manufacture prior to being sold. They set a grace period of 3 weeks. Since they own Paypal Paypal also changed their policy.

Well there was one coin pre sold here that was pre sold for 5 weeks and on time in sight for the coin to arrive. Some people complained and the accout was frozen and alll the $ returned by Paypal. That ORg has since delivered the coin, a great one I might add. So that is the 3 week policy.

Edited by GA Cacher

This thread has been tremendously helpful to me. Mine is in the works also, but how long does it normally take from proof to "coin in hand"? It seems it would take more than 3 weeks? Thanks.

"PROOF" (as in a sample) to coin shipping from mint should be about 2 weeks, unless you're using KV Coins.

Final Art to mint shipment is 3-4 weeks.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I was thinking about doing a New Hampshire coin as well.. It is one of my favorite places to vacation!

Being from Boston, Mass is was a quick trip to the mountains!

Now living in Nova Scotia it is a little longer drive!!

I would love to add one of these coins to my collection. If no one from NH is going to do one I may go ahead and produce one.

The Lost Geeks