Garmin Suto Suction Cup Mount

zeropresence

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10457%2D00

"Automotive windshield mounting bracket with suction cup mount"

Anyone used this? I am looking to mount my 60cx on to left side of my windshield (against my side pillar). Any feedback would be very helpful!

I use it and it works like a charm. It's hard to get off the windshield even when you want it to. (The trick is to moisten the cup.)

Mine was on the left side, but I moved it to the center so my wife can see/operate it when we are caching.

zeropresence,

I have for some time and still am using a RAM mounting system with the large suction cup. I have mine mounted exactly in the same way that you mentioned you wanted to mount yours and it works great. Contrary to what you may read in some of the forums, the window mount suction cup system is a great way to go, it's removable and there is no adhesive or holes in the dash. And I can honestly say that it has never fell of the window and mine has been in the same place on the window for 8 months. As far as the Garmin or RAM system, I feel both are a good choice and it's only a personal preference thing. Good luck with whatever system you choose.

Team Black Bear

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10457%2D00

"Automotive windshield mounting bracket with suction cup mount"

Anyone used this? I am looking to mount my 60cx on to left side of my windshield (against my side pillar). Any feedback would be very helpful!

I use the Ram suction mount for my 60CS. Works like a champ; I could probably hang 10x the weight on that thing with no problem.

Cheers,

Indy

Thanks guys!

I have a 2005 Tacoma and I am trying to look at which one would work better. The RAM one doesn't seem to have much of a arm on it. How much does it extend from the suction cup?

I need it to come off like 3-4 inches. I do some offroading and I need to make sure it will stay in the mount as well.

Thanks again.

RAM is a system of components. You buy the suction base, adapter, arm, and GPS adapter.

Arms come in many lengths, from 1.75" to 8" I saw. They come in aluminum or plastic.

The 8" pvc arm can be cut to a custom length just by cutting the PVC pipe.

From the literally hundreds of components RAM offers, I can not imagine

not getting exactly what you want.

Robert