Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Dr123d

Geocaching Talk Net With Echolink Is Working!

Who is going to be Net Control this week? Anybody that hasn't tried it yet want to step up to the plate and take a few swings?

--Marky

Since I'm carpooling today, I don't know when I will get home (so I probably can't do net control tonight).

--Marky

Tried to check in to the net tonite, didn't hear any real conversations, just some infrequent transmissions. Maby I'm doing something wrong. Will try again another time although its 11:00pm here in Indiana and I usually dont stay up this late on a work nite.

I think it's great that there is a net for geocachers. I'll have to try and be on next week but I don't know if I'll make it because of work.

73's.

I had to work late last night and missed the net. I hope everyone had fun without me. <_<

Come On GeoHams we need more Checkins to the nets on Thursday at 6:30 Pacific time on Echolink Node 243326 or IRLP Reflector 9000

SteelHead[bC]

VE7WCC

I am in (on Echolink)..........gotta bookmark this in my EchoLink folder.

So where is everybody else??????? I see a few on there, but that is about it.

Jerry W2TXB

Edited by Overland1

I notice our founding member is banned.

<_<

Well, I am not and never want to speak for Dr123d himself but I just got word that he was caught up in the whole recent AOL/Emails not validating "fiasco" as being discussed in this thread in these forums.

He'll most likely be back up shortly and

plus I have Gmail invites a plenty for anyone.

Just E-mail through my profile "Send Message".

PS: I have been way too busy at work to check in to the net but you'll be hearing more of me as the summer wears off.

Edited by MrCOgeo

I notice our founding member is banned.

:D

Maybe he will check in to the net tomorrow and tell us what happened. That should be interesting.

Yes, there was some AOL crap and he was one of the targets.

He's been on IRC talking about it.

You don't get banned for bounced email... :anitongue:

I missed last night's net because Joani (N6JCY) had a bad day and needed to be taken out to dinner. I'll try to catch you guys next week.

--Marky

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering whether the net is still running even after all this time. I hope so because I'll try to check in but if not then it doesn't matter.

Regards,

James,

VK4FJAM

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering whether the net is still running even after all this time. I hope so because I'll try to check in but if not then it doesn't matter.

Regards,

James,

VK4FJAM

Me Too! It might be early in the ,morning when the net is on.But i'll give it a go if its still running!

Hi Guys,

Regards,

James,

VK4FJAM

Me Too! It might be early in the ,morning when the net is on.But i'll give it a go if its still running!

I would like to sign on too. Where do you find the Geocaching freq? What call sign is it at. Jim KB7UTQ

could someone possibly help me set up my echolink please i am a geocacher as well as a ham and tak emy kenwood d72a with me everytiem i go caching and have the aprs transmitting while i cach next cache trip will be febuary 16 2012 if anyone would like to follow me on my urban cachign trip to seattle washington as well as a trip and tour of Groundspeak headquarters i will begin transmitting at 4:30 am my time and will finish transmitting at 8:30 pm my time would ove to have some followers as i am on my journey

Edited by xplore19