Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Dr123d

Geocaching Talk Net With Echolink Is Working!

Thanks to the hard work of VE7WCC and VE7ROX you now can check in to the geocaching talk net through Echolink and participate in the net :) not just monitor. So come one and all to check in Thurday evening 6:30 PST to join in the fun.

You can come in on Ref 9000 as always or through Echolink #243326.

Andy and I tested it to night and it works great!

Hope to see all those that don't have Ref access join us.

73, Dave KCØUYK

Very cool! My IRLP node is healthy again, so I should be able to get on the net and not just monitor. :)

--Marky, K6FTF

I'm still listening in, but apparently both of my nodes aren't working correctly and I can't transmit. :huh:

--Marky, K6FTF

I should still be able to listen in, but my transmit capability is still in question. We'll see how things go. Andy, (or anyone else with access to an IRLP node) up for a test later on tonight?

--Marky, K7FTF

I can dial you up later Marky. It'll be after 8 your time if you are around.

Cool, I'll post the node I'm listening on here at 8PM. Would that work? That way, if for some reason I'm not at my basestation, you'll at least know because I wouldn't have posted yet.

--Marky, K6FTF

The xyl kept me out running all over town until after 9. I'm listening in on IRLP node 3488 for the next hour or so, if you want to try and connect up.

--Marky - K6FTF

Well Thursday is almost here so get ready for the net! 6:30PST. I also want to thank Andy for offering to take net control this week [:P]

This week Geocaching Talk Net is overlapping with our local geocoin club unevent, so I will probably just do an early check in. Maybe I will bring in my HT and listen in. :P

--Marky - K6FTF

I'm not sure if everyone noticed, but last week VE7LTD (Dave Cameron) checked in to our net. He is the mastermind behind IRLP! How cool is that! :P

Hello and thanks to Andy, VE7WCC. Thanks for welcoming me (and putting up with momentary audio problems) as I connected through Echolink tonight.

I'll be participating in the net for the first time tonight.

Corey KØAWN

Glad you could join in on the net Corey! Its good to have another Colo station check in. I thought the Canadians were taking over for a while there :unsure: .

Edited by Dr123d

Could someone please give me a smack in the back of the head next Thursday to remind me about the net. I forgot it again this week. :P Oh well maybe next week.

I don't have a problem remembering the net, I have a problem telling time, second week in a row I started to log in only to figure out I was an hour late...I'll try harder next week.

Could someone please give me a smack in the back of the head next Thursday to remind me about the net. I forgot it again this week. :laughing: Oh well maybe next week.

Great first geocaching net for me, thanks to Andy for his NCS duties. (Even if he was a little distracted :D )

It's the logistical side (i.e. remembering to sign in on time) that going to be the hardest for me also.

I'd sign up for the smack in the head group.

Hear you later and 73, Corey KØAWN

Looking forward to checking in. We also have a Echo node in Taylorsville North Carolina that the local Geo-Hams like to monitor #56135. Dial it up sometime and give me a call N4NNX John. Some of the others that also monitor are KE4HKQ David, W1TNX Bruce and KC6YJN John to name a few.

Just a quote from another thread. I also wanted to post it here being I have had some contacts from this thread.

"This net sounds like alot of fun and there a few here in North Carolina that would like to participate and I'm sure that more will hear about it and join in. THE PROBLEM, the time frame puts us at 3:30pm est, that within most of our work days. Ever thought of a later net pst? or another net on another day? Just curious and thanks for the thought. Feel free to dial our local echo node up to discuss this # 56135 my call is N4NNX, John. Also KE4HKQ, David may be around. My email is n4nnx@yahoo.com."

http://webpages.charter.net/n4nnx/alexgeo.htm

Well last time I checked 6:30pm pst puts it @ 10:30pm est :D I might be wrong though :D .

Looks like a great site though :D . Hope some of them can join us this week.

Just a quote from another thread. I also wanted to post it here being I have had some contacts from this thread.

"This net sounds like alot of fun and there a few here in North Carolina that would like to participate and I'm sure that more will hear about it and join in. THE PROBLEM, the time frame puts us at 3:30pm est, that within most of our work days. Ever thought of a later net pst? or another net on another day? Just curious and thanks for the thought. Feel free to dial our local echo node up to discuss this # 56135 my call is N4NNX, John. Also KE4HKQ, David may be around. My email is n4nnx@yahoo.com."

http://webpages.charter.net/n4nnx/alexgeo.htm

Well last time I checked 6:30pm pst puts it @ 10:30pm est :D I might be wrong though :D .

Looks like a great site though :D . Hope some of them can join us this week.

Grrrr..dont know what i was thinking..see you there! to long of a day and had my wires crossed :D Guess that would be 9:30pm est :D

Edited by Tayter Salad

Grrrr..dont know what i was thinking..see you there! to long of a day and had my wires crossed :lol: Guess that would be 9:30pm est :laughing:

Tayter,

you right on the time for the net. It is @ 9:30 est time.

Do hope to here you on tonight. Do you monitor the echolink all the time or on your way to and from work?

Grrrr..dont know what i was thinking..see you there! to long of a day and had my wires crossed :anicute: Guess that would be 9:30pm est :wub:

Tayter,

you right on the time for the net. It is @ 9:30 est time.

Do hope to here you on tonight. Do you monitor the echolink all the time or on your way to and from work?

Yes we will be there, I have spoken to some of the others and they also are excited about checking in. I will bring up the node via our local repeater. As far as my times on the node, well my work day is the usual 8am-5pm monday - friday however mostly you can find me anytime after 6PM Est. Feel free to dial me up and give me a call or give David KE4HKQ a call also, he monitors slightly more than I can. If you have a specific time you want to chat like to and from work, I would be more than glad to keep the HT handy during those hours.

Sounds like we'll have some new check-ins tonight. I hope my voice comes back so I can do Net Control. It was pretty bad last night and not a whole lot better this morning, but I did have a 30 morning drive QSO this morning so I can still communicate, at least. :anicute:

--Marky - K6FTF

How about the convention of labeling nets in UTC, especially world wide in scope?

02:30 UTC

by my calculation.

(Course UTC can be more confusing if you are not use to it, remember that it's the next day also. :anicute:)

I should be able to check in tonight... I don't have school tomorrow, so I can stay up for it if it goes beyond 9.

well i hope you can do it Marky There is a hockey game on here and i will be all over that :rolleyes:

but i will be there to help and get the Echo IRLP running

Cheers

VE7WCC

Andy

I can monitor the chat on node 3488, but that node's transmit appears to be down.

I can't get the 3204 to even connect tonight! :rolleyes: Dang. Andy, check me in as an early checkin and I'll be monitoring.

--Marky

will work on the ker-chunking...thanks for the warm welcome and the patience with the problem. Good to hear everyone, feel free to connect locally to the w4ert echo node anytime. Next week we should have it tweaked and ready for the net.

I have Echolink as a backup now, and just to get better used to it, I am going to try using it for net control tonight. I'll try to come on about at 6:20pm Pacific Time to connect up to VE7WCC-R and get a signal report.

Tonight's topic will be: techogeeks

What high tech toys, tools, software, etc do you use in your search for caches? :(

--Marky

I will try to join your net this coming week. Too late to catch it tonight. I am the owner of IRLP node 3699. Call me anytime

I will try to join your net this coming week. Too late to catch it tonight. I am the owner of IRLP node 3699. Call me anytime

Hey John, what's your callsign, if I can get on of my IRLP nodes to connect up with yours?

--Marky

Hey John, what's your callsign, if I can get on of my IRLP nodes to connect up with yours?

--Marky

Nevermind, I saw your call in the other thread. B)

--Marky

If I'm home tonight I will try to use Echolink for the first time and log into the net. Dr123d mentioned this to me at the last CACHE meeting and sounds interesting.

KB8PXV

Hi all, VE1RCC here and just checked out VE7WCC-R's node via echolink. Its good to know that there is a place for geocachers/hams to chat about Geocaching.

Will post onto the maritimegeocaching.com site about this net.

Thanks and 73 de VE1RCC

Rob

Glad I was able to check into the net via my mobile rig while traveling down the road at 70mph. Isn't technology grand? Thanks for taking my check in Andy. <_<

--Marky

i cant do net tonight there is a hockey game on and you all know what happends when a game is on and im trying to do the net ......LOL

SteelHead[bC]

' date='Apr 13 2006, 05:46 PM' post='2151787']

i cant do net tonight there is a hockey game on and you all know what happends when a game is on and im trying to do the net ......LOL

SteelHead[bC]

Sorry about beating you guys. :D

--Marky

This one needs a bump to the top since it's the only thread with the echolink info.

Who is taking Net Control tomorrow? I'm not sure if I can because of work.

--Marky