American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

WOW! What an evening! :o

Had to go after regular shop hours to a nearby town about 25 miles away to change some window lettering on a Cingular store for the sign shop where I work.

Also while we were in the area we had to pick up a layaway of a outfit that my daughter needed for her Middle School awards ceremony Friday morning. (Getting several achievement awards, so daddy's girl has got to look good! :):D )

When we get to the store, the lady told us that the layaway had been cancelled "yesterday" because we hadn't made the final payment to get it out (Some stupid minimum payment every 2 weeks rule!! :) )

(7:45pm)They told us they had put her outfit back out and sold it to someone else!! :o:D

(7:55pm) After a bit of not so calm ranting!! :D:) The lady offers to give us a "STORE CREDIT" :o

Store credit [self edit]!! I want CASH! :o:o

(8:15pm)After a few more rounds of ranting and a phone call to the manager of the store they finally give us a cash refund

(8:20pm)Go to another store in the shopping center to look for another outfit.

(8:55pm)After trying on 5 different outfits we finally find one and go to pay.

:sad: Why can't women just pick something out that they like and.... [Oh nevermind!! :D wasted energy going there]

(9:05pm) FINALLY leave the parking lot to head home. [Why do you catch EVERY RED LIGHT when your in a hurry!! :D ]

Broke the speed limit on every road coming home!! (Did I mention the town was 25 miles away AND I live another 8 miles away on the other side of our town!! :( )

Run in the door just as the "BrokeNote Mountain" video was coming on.

And in time to see one of my all time favorite artist!!

The Artist Formerly Known As And Now Again Know As PRINCE! :D

AWESOME!! Now tell me an artist that can go easily from a low bass to falseto in one verse!! :D

Cool Duet!! Taylor rocked!! B)

Kat was OK. ;)

Then the moment of truth!!!

YEEESS!!

TAYLOR!! WINS!!

SOUL PATROL!! SOUL PATROL!!! SOUL PATROL!!!!

What a great 2 hours! I was groaning all day wondering what they would bore me with for that length of time. So I watched the first hour, recorded the second with the DVR and watched LOST season finale (Pez call me when you watch it... I have questions! :sad: ) Just watched the second hour. How nice it is to FF through all the commercials :o Great show. Prince has still got it too :o

Congrats to Taylor. Congrats to Medic and Bison Woman too!

I think my favorite part was Chris singing with LIVE tho. That was excellent!

Edited by AtlantaGal

How could that be stomached for 2 hours [re: Golden Idol drivel]? Then they almost announce the winner after my Tivo stopped recording. I had to switch over to the ReplayTV that was still tuned to Fox in order to see the post-announcement theatrics. I am glad Taylor won, but if I hear him say "Soul Patrol" one more time I am gonna shoot sumpin'

<rhetorical>And why did Kevin make it into the final 12?</rhetorical>

If people who don't have a Tivo knew how much better it is to watch a recorded or delayed show they'd be willing to pay $1000 for one

We watched the entire show in just over 1 hour.

Edited by pdxmarathonman

Yime's Notes in Retrospect:

1. I never really watched American Idol...until there was Katharine McPhee.

2. I won't watch much next year, unless there's a tall brunette clone of Katharine McPhee.

3. Taylor Hicks is against the grain of what this show seemed to lean towards, so I'm happy to see him win it. He's enough of a unique personality and performer that he'll probably do well...for two albums.

4. Cool idea to have Chris Daughtry sing with the band Live. However, he was rather thoroughly talent-spanked on stage by Ed Kowalczyk. Take some notes Chris, and sign with Fuel before the window closes.

5. I envy the fabric that covers any part of Katharine McPhee.

6. There is no #6.

7. Prediction: Ace Young makes a guest appearance on the OC, and you never see him again.

8. Kelly Pickler loses potential commericals for Pantene Pro-V because she cut her hair. Somewhere in North Carolina, a brick places higher on an IQ test.

9. Prediction: Kevin Covais buys an XBOX 360, and you never see him again.

10. Kat McPhee goes Broadway, and therefore moves within stalking range.

That is all.

Yime's Notes in Retrospect:

1. I never really watched American Idol...until there was Katharine McPhee.

2. I won't watch much next year, unless there's a tall brunette clone of Katharine McPhee.

5. I envy the fabric that covers any part of Katharine McPhee.

10. Kat McPhee goes Broadway, and therefore moves within stalking range.

That is all.

LOL Amen. :ph34r:

Actually, with all infatuations aside...I think this season of American Idol did better than the previous ones because they attracted more than the standard "screaming diva" crowd for once. The material was mostly familiar music to a larger cross section of the country (and beyond). Think about it, you had weeks featuring Barry Manilow, Elvis, Queen and other "older" artists that have enough songs in their repertoire that any singer could find something to relate to and reasonably perform in their style. There was very little of the "current" music that's not really music, and America related better to the show. For further proof, look at some of the people who performed on the final show: Dionne Warwick, Burt Bacharach, Al Jurreau, Meatloaf (and even though I don't know why)...Prince. Even in relative terms, Live and Mary J. Blige are "older" artists now. The focus of the "new" was on the contestants, and I'd say the format worked brilliantly and I'd have to say that's how I got into a show I'd never had the desire to watch before.

Here's a list of what I received in my winning package!

1. Damenance Sig Item
  2. JayBee Litlens Wooden Nickel and Pin
  3. Geocaching Bracelet
  4. 25% off Coupon of Geocoin Art
  5. Alnilam Wooden Nickel
  6. Geocaching Patch
  7. Bug Coin
  8. FlyinV Geocoin
  9. I Survived Coin Quest Geocoin
  10. 2006 Compass Rose Geocoin
  11. 2006 USA Geocoin
  12. ARK-MO Geocachers Geocoin
  13. Absolute Caching Geocoin
  14. Team Pez Geocoin

Thank you all so much!

We were at the beach in Ft. Morgan, AL, when Taylor won. His grandmother lives in Orange Beach and was at Lulu's Tuesday and Wednesday nights, so we got to see lots of coverage of her reaction to his winning. It was fun!

I donated a Moun10Bike Geocoin to this contest and have since learned that that coin is the one currently being auctioned off on eBay. I see no mention of this coin in the winning package contents above. Does anyone have any information on the rather twisted path this coin has apparently followed since I put it in the mailbox?

The eBay seller is someone out of New Jersey, not Georgia, North Carolina or Alabama.

I supposed it could have been traded. Was anyone in the contest from New Jersey?

It is very unfortuate that this happened. :ph34r: In the future M10B will be wary in donating one of his coins for things like because of this incident. I know I would be.

Edit to Say: Unless this is all one big misunderstanding. Then everyone will sit back and laugh about it. :ph34r:

Edited by ParentsofSAM

As I understand it afer reading the thread - all the donated coins were to be given to the winner(s) of the contest. Both of the winners are on this thread and have stated that they did not receive the donated Moun10Bike coin.

I could have this wrong though. {Put a "Say it ain't so" smiley here}

I haven't followed the contest here, so I'm not sure how many winners there were. When I asked Team PEZ last week who won the coin (so I could update my records), he said he would have to check the paperwork. I didn't hear anything else, so I emailed him again yesterday and heard back today. He says he lost all of his emails due to a computer virus, but believes that it went to a "William" somewhere in the Midwest.

I haven't followed the contest here, so I'm not sure how many winners there were. When I asked Team PEZ last week who won the coin (so I could update my records), he said he would have to check the paperwork. I didn't hear anything else, so I emailed him again yesterday and heard back today. He says he lost all of his emails due to a computer virus, but believes that it went to a "William" somewhere in the Midwest.

:ph34r:

Dun dun dunt....the plot thickens. :ph34r: (Its too hot for :ph34r: )

We will have to wait to hear from Pez, it looks like on this mystery.

there really is no mystery to be had here, folks. its really very simple.

the contestant winner (who has asked me not to identify his geonick since this "news" broke) won this coin through one of the many AI contests i had during the season. i put it in the mail and thats that. he let me know he received it, and my job was done.

i can not, nor will i ever take responsibility for someone elses actions. what and why this person parted with this coin, was his doing and i did not ask. heck, i didnt even know any of this until it surfaced on ebay.

how it got to where it is now (new jersey?), i do not know.

-TP

there really is no mystery to be had here, folks. its really very simple.

the contestant winner (who has asked me not to identify his geonick since this "news" broke) won this coin through one of the many AI contests i had during the season. i put it in the mail and thats that. he let me know he received it, and my job was done.

i can not, nor will i ever take responsibility for someone elses actions. what and why this person parted with this coin, was his doing and i did not ask. heck, i didnt even know any of this until it surfaced on ebay.

how it got to where it is now (new jersey?), i do not know.

-TP

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

the contestant winner (who has asked me not to identify his geonick since this "news" broke) won this coin through one of the many AI contests i had during the season.

How many AI contests did you have? I only knew of the one described in this thread and I was led to believe that my donation would go to this one.

For all those people that were not selected - a contest for just for you!!!

Email the name of the first person to be booted off on Wednesday!!!

All entries should be received no later then Tuesday, February 21 6:00 PM.

The winner will receive a free unactivated bronze Ontario 2006 geocoin! (In the event of more then 1 winner, a name will be drawn at random!)

In your subject line, please put the name of the person you choose (this will make it a lot easier to scan). Send your email to GeoCachingAmericanIdol at gmail dot com.

Good luck!

GA Cacher, Thorny1 and Team PEZ

The first person to correctly identify the bottom 3 contestants and the one that gets booted will win a FREE TeamPEZ trackable Geocoin! :)

Post your picks on this thread! 1 guess per cacher, please!

Good luck!

-TP

(Contest ends 8:00 pm EST)

Just curious... I just rechecked all of the posts in this thread and only noticed 2 extra contests during the AI season, one was for a Ontario coin and the other was a Team PEZ coin... am I missing something somewhere??? :)

EDIT: spelling

Edited by medic208

I just rechecked all of the posts in this thread and only noticed 2 extra contests during the AI season, one was for a Ontario coin and the other was a Team PEZ coin... am I missing something somewhere??? :)

You're not missing a thing :)

Hot or not....it IS time for the :)

I think I am beginning to see why there was all the secrecy behind what the prizes were.... :D

Snip...

I think I am beginning to see why there was all the secrecy behind what the prizes were.... :)

Now that I reread all of the posts I remember why I didn't post which coins I had won... It was suggested that I not post what I won so the people who donated certain coins wouldn't get innundated w/ requests down the road. Interesting... :) let's keep the list secret so no one knows where the coins end up... it might have worked had the moun10bike coin not ended up on ebay.

I am still planning on posting my list when I get home later.

ya, know, this is like looking a gifted horse in the mouth. you (and you know who i am referring to) should be ashamed of yourself for bringing it to this level and trying to create something that is not there.

i try and bring some fun to the table and have a contest to win coins and other stuff. did anyone else offer to do this? no, i think not. so you ask why i didnt announce who donated what coin(s)? 3 reasons for you:

#1 - it was none of your business. you want to know the inside scoop? have your own contest.

#2 - some people didnt want to be mentioned for fear of being asked for donations from others.

#3 - nine (9) of the coins WERE MINE that i donated out of my own personal coin collection, cause a lot of people promised to send in and never did. should i list those names of people too, so you can smear their names?

i am closing this thread as i am done with it and so should you. move one. go caching. i contacted the geocacher who won it and in turn, hopefully he will contact moun10bike. go outside people. go cache.

if you want to speculate anything, go ahead. but i refuse to have my good name schmeared by people who dont know me.

-TP

Edited by Team PEZ