American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

Tough decision on who to keep this week? :wub:

Elliott or Katherine.

I totally did NOT care for her first song :ph34r:

Or Elliott's either for that matter. B)

2nd Song - Both nailed it!! :)

Catherine was lucious as ever sitting there center stage!!

(to quote Morris Day from the movie Purple Rain - "So Sex-y!!")

Have to agree, it was her best performance of the year! ;)

3rd song -

Elliot has got some good pipes, but the song just didn't grab me for some reason. It was OK, but missing something (for me, at least)

Same for Katherine - great vocals over all but she oversang it in several places.

TAYLOR? :wub:

HE ROCKED!!! :D

While he didn't have the best vocals of the season, he was definate the most entertaining!

Awesome stage presence and you can tell he feels right at home in the limelight!

His second song sealed his win!! Definately his style of music!

And to think... Simon didn't even want to let him come to Hollywood.

If I remember correctly when talking with Randy & Paula after Taylor left the room, he said, "He'll never even make it to the final 24." ;)

B):(:( Dang! What are we gonna do with our Tuesday and Wednesday nights after next week? :wub::wub:;)

D-man B)

Katherine:

Song 1 - Blech. I didn't like how she sang the song in her own style. Holy crap did she look yummy!

Song 2 - WOW!!! Brilliant job! WOW WOW WOW

Song 3 - S-S-S-Sultry Katherine! Great! Awesome! Wow! Yahoo! Yummy! Oh yea, she sang it well too!

Now I am definitely going to have to watch the show.... :ph34r: even if the songs aren't so hot...

1:45 minutes until show time. (Yeah yeah I know...)

Katherine:

Song 1 - Blech. I didn't like how she sang the song in her own style. Holy crap did she look yummy!

Song 2 - WOW!!! Brilliant job! WOW WOW WOW

Song 3 - S-S-S-Sultry Katherine! Great! Awesome! Wow! Yahoo! Yummy! Oh yea, she sang it well too!

Now I am definitely going to have to watch the show.... :ph34r: even if the songs aren't so hot...

1:45 minutes until show time. (Yeah yeah I know...)

in all fairness to BN4, and other international folks who are on a major time delay, please try and refrain from announcing the winner next week. i know that it will be hard, but lets not ruin it for them!

-TP

If your on the severe time lag, I would say don't even watch a news channel or sign on to the internet if your wanting to hear who the winner is because it will be on the news sites and fan web sites everywhere. If you start looking around the internet or on news channels it inevitable that you will hear who won before the show comes on in your area.

If your on the severe time lag, I would say don't even watch a news channel or sign on to the internet if your wanting to hear who the winner is because it will be on the news sites and fan web sites everywhere. If you start looking around the internet or on news channels it inevitable that you will hear who won before the show comes on in your area.

true... i didnt even think of that. heck, if ya dont wanna know, just dont get out of bed and leave the tv and radio off!!!

Edited by Team PEZ

It doesn't bother me to know early. I still watch the show. Hey, I have to have something to complain about when the "viewers" pick an inappropriate person to stay or go. I could always look up somewhere else if I really wanted to know the results. I just like reading people's comments in this forum.

Comments on the performance:

Elliot's 3 songs - too often off-key. He does some good things but that second song...whew...the cat (not KAT) was yowling.

Katherine...best song for her last night...Over the Rainbow...last song was as Simon often says...very Karaoke...not her style and inappropriately performed...it didn't have the umph..

Taylor...though a bit pitchy on a couple occasions...by far the best performer to overcome the pitchiness. I agree with PEZ not the best voice but the best performer and I think he will win now that Chris, the other decent performer is gone.

Who will stay....Taylor and Kat

ARGHHHHHHHH The suspense is killing me!!!

I might miss next weeks show since we will be arriving in Dallas that day at about noon and I'm sure we will be out caching at that time. Although, I might just have to forego a few smileys to catch Taylor and Kat! I'm sure it will be a great show :smile:

Edited by medic208

ARGHHHHHHHH The suspense is killing me!!!

I might miss next weeks show since we will be arriving in Dallas that day at about noon and I'm sure we will be out caching at that time. Although, I might just have to forego a few smileys to catch Taylor and Kat! I'm sure it will be a great show :unsure:

me thinks someone needs to re-arrange their priorities! :o

I looked and no one listed the two finalists or who went home. What a crew. (Well okay...all of the "Go Taylor's" was a give away.)

All I have to say is how close was that?

I think Elliott sang his two best tonight. He was good tonight. Perhaps the pressure was off a bit and he could relax and sing his way.

Oh well....Let the final begin. Will it be the entertainer?

I looked and no one listed the two finalists or who went home. What a crew. (Well okay...all of the "Go Taylor's" was a give away.)

All I have to say is how close was that?

I think Elliott sang his two best tonight. He was good tonight. Perhaps the pressure was off a bit and he could relax and sing his way.

Oh well....Let the final begin. Will it be the entertainer?

It's gotta be, but then again, I rooted for Bo last year and was surprised. If Katherine wins, it will be the shocker of the season. But who knows... anything could happen!

However, I'm willing to bet all of AtlantaGal's untrackable coins that she will not win!

-TP

It's gotta be, but then again, I rooted for Bo last year and was surprised. If Katherine wins, it will be the shocker of the season. But who knows... anything could happen!

However, I'm willing to bet all of AtlantaGal's untrackable coins that she will not win!

-TP

Hmmm, how can one bet that which they do not have? :unsure:

Like last year, I don't care who wins. I think that both are marketable. And if those percentages of votes that they showed last night are true, it should be a very close vote! I mean less than 1% of the votes separating them? I am not touching THAT with a 10-ft pole.

And if those percentages of votes that they showed last night are true, it should be a very close vote! I mean less than 1% of the votes separating them? I am not touching THAT with a 10-ft pole.

Me thinks that was a bit of creative sensationalism on AI's part! :laughing:

All of us at work have been following this year and a bunch of our customers have too.

On the informal poll of "the shop, our customers, & my family", (about 25 people) all but 2 voted for Taylor.

The other 2 voted for Elliot.

D-man :laughing:

And if those percentages of votes that they showed last night are true, it should be a very close vote! I mean less than 1% of the votes separating them? I am not touching THAT with a 10-ft pole.

Me thinks that was a bit of creative sensationalism on AI's part! :laughing:

All of us at work have been following this year and a bunch of our customers have too.

On the informal poll of "the shop, our customers, & my family", (about 25 people) all but 2 voted for Taylor.

The other 2 voted for Elliot.

D-man :laughing:

I had taken a similiar poll with my students ... 77% of them voted for Taylor (hey, they have good teacher, what can I say? :laughing: ), 10% voted for Chris, 9% voted for Ace and 4% for a mix of Elliott and Paris.

Hey Team Pez...

Are you planning on posting a list of coins that were donated for the contest?

i would, yes, but some of the donators have asked not to me mentioned, for fear of being inundated with other requests.

but there are a lot of trackables, sig items, misc items for some lucky person or group!!

-TP

WOW nelly - this one is gonna be close, but Taylor STOLE THE SHOW!!! ;)

I didn't particularly like the repeat songs (Katharine 2, Taylor 1)

OMG - I Love Taylor's single!

As I said from day 1, Taylor is and was my very first choice.

Go Taylor!!!

What will Dial Idol predict?

Off to vote!

-TP

Round 1 = Taylor

Round 2 = Katherine

Round 3 = Taylor

In Kathrine's defense, the final "song" for her was really bad. ;)

Not only was it not a good song, the key was too low for her. :)

That fine :huh: looking tight dress might have played a part in it also, since Ryan made the statement that she wasn't even breathing in it. :)

Taylor still continues to be my choice to win! ;)

SOUL PATROL!!! SOUL PATROL!!! SOUL PATROL!!!

D-man :huh:

Edited by gridlox

What are the voting numbers again? TIA!

Katharine McPhee

1 866 436 5701 or

1 866 436 5703 or

1 866 436 5705

Cingular Wireless Text "VOTE" to 5701

Taylor Hicks

1 866 436 5702 or

1 866 436 5704 or

1 866 436 5706

Cingular Wireless Text "VOTE" to 5702

;)

wahoo! 15 minutes... whose watching???

Good timing ;)

yea, i know! c'mon - i know that AtlantaGal and GA Cacher have got to be watching ... c'mon people -say sumtin! :)

OK !!!!!!!! My perdiction.

Taylor Wins and the coins are split! But what do I know LOL