American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

Let me see I am trying to figure the math... there have been several times when the lowest vote getter on AI meant that several of the coin contest winners were also lost. If you started with 24 I would think that the actual number left in the coin competetion is pretty low. My gamble is that the winner will get quite a few coins..... Are there less people still in the coin competition than on the show....hmmm.

Looking at the comments it will be pretty close to dead even.

hehe... stay tuned to next wednesday night!!!

CALLING ALL TIVO'ers!!

I just got off the phone with my mom. She watches Idol religiously like I do.

She asked if I noticed that Chris had shaved his eyebrows off on this weeks show.

Someone had told her that and niether of had noticed if he had.

Did he? Or was someone just jerking her chain?

D-man ;)

CALLING ALL TIVO'ers!!

I just got off the phone with my mom. She watches Idol religiously like I do.

She asked if I noticed that Chris had shaved his eyebrows off on this weeks show.

Someone had told her that and niether of had noticed if he had.

Did he? Or was someone just jerking her chain?

D-man :)

Well I delete the shows as I watch them, however I went HERE to get this picture. It looks like eyebrows are intact.

normal_12.jpg

Edited by Damenace

Well, it was Elvis week. I guess overall I liked Chris best on both songs although I thought his first one was better. Again I felt Simon was a bit unfair to Catherine. I wonder if he'll appologise this week too?! lol! Taylor's first song was predictable, nothing special, but his second song was very good. Elliot sang both songs very well, but he just doesn't do much for me... kind of like a Yanni type. I mean obviously people love him, but his style just isn't for me, lol!

Tonight's show was a lot better than I though it would be since I'm not a big fan of Elvis. Taylor's first song was typical Taylor... nice, but goofy. He really rocked on his 2nd song!!! Catherine really impressed me with her first song, I though it was one of the best performances of the season. ;) Her 2nd song was good, but not great. ;) I also thought Simon was a bit off w/ his remarks to her - ARGH!! :P Chris was good, although I thought the last 2 notes of his 2nd song was kinda weird :P:(;) I never have liked Elliot, his voice just seems weird to me. I'm hoping it will be Elliot packing his bags this week. Buh BYE!

Okay the delayed viewing from overseas:

I am sorry to say I missed everyone's but Katherine's first song.

Katherine...first song pretty good at showing a different side but didn't do much for me...second song.... well...I have to agree with Simon, and my wife said it first...very over done.

Chris...I liked the beginning of the second song but at the end it got out of tune a bit.

Elliott...sorry I missed the first...but the second was very pitchy and he would go off key when he held out several of his notes. He does little for me.

Taylor..second song was pretty good. It still threw in the Taylor growl. From what I saw about the first song and other people comments...that is what makes Taylor Hicks...Taylor Hicks. He just likes to sing and dance his music...

However, said all this... when will they STOP sucking up to the camera and just sing their song. AHHhhh

Prediction....Elliott...out of the show. I do not think he has the support and the personality to get through. After he goes.. the competition will get really tight. As I said before..I think the best voices are gone..I think there are two performers left..

CRIMINY!!!

I didn't get to watch it last night as I had class (working on my Masters Degree in Special Education For the advancement of children with Autism.) I will have to watch it tonite before they boot someone off.

I'm shocked - Dial Idol has Chris going home tonite!!! Whoa Nelly! <_< Now I've gotta see it!!!

Anybody DL it from tvtorrents?

Go TAYLOR!

-TP

Okay the delayed viewing from overseas:

I am sorry to say I missed everyone's but Katherine's first song.

Katherine...first song pretty good at showing a different side but didn't do much for me...second song.... well...I have to agree with Simon, and my wife said it first...very over done.

Chris...I liked the beginning of the second song but at the end it got out of tune a bit.

Elliott...sorry I missed the first...but the second was very pitchy and he would go off key when he held out several of his notes. He does little for me.

Taylor..second song was pretty good. It still threw in the Taylor growl. From what I saw about the first song and other people comments...that is what makes Taylor Hicks...Taylor Hicks. He just likes to sing and dance his music...

However, said all this... when will they STOP sucking up to the camera and just sing their song. AHHhhh

Prediction....Elliott...out of the show. I do not think he has the support and the personality to get through. After he goes.. the competition will get really tight. As I said before..I think the best voices are gone..I think there are two performers left..

I saw on American Idol extra that they play to camera because they are instructed to play to the camera. The producer said that there are a small number of people in the audience and they need play to veiwers at home because they represent the most votes.

I swore I would never indulge myself in American Idol, but I must profess my affection for the new hotness that is Katharine McPhee. <_< Rest assured, Mrs. Yime understands, as she had a similar affection for Ace Young. :mad:

Sadly, after seeing Tuesday's performance, my idol may soon join Ace in the "voted off" pile. This round was destined to be a Boy's Club outing in the Jungle Room, so the lone lady left was at a big disadvantage. (Simon even said so) I just can't see many songs in the Elvis catalog that could have possibly fit her vocal style anyway. But enough excuses for the new hotness that is Kat...she gave it a good show, but the night was had by the cheese dripping impersonators.

My own synopsis and predictions, with nothing held back:

Taylor: Couldn't have asked for a better slow-pitch softball to be thrown to him at this stage in the competition. Elvis is right up his alley, and he actually did "In The Ghetto" some justice. The guy has an entertainment factor that the others don't have, and America will pull this guy through. My prediction for this year's winner.

Chris: What a hunk-a-hunk of burning cheese! He chose two of my favorite Elvis songs and burped them up like yesterday's nachos. I'm now convinced he's a fake after learning that his seemingly amazing rendition of Johnny Cash's "I Walk The Line" was actually ripped off from PA rockers "Live". I admired him until that gem was uncovered. Walk the plank you poseur!

Elliot: The underdolt will survive another day through his natural talent and sniffly charm. Plus, he's got phr34k3rs on his side, as the speed dial geeks will vote big time because they can relate to a guy who looks like a character from Lord of the Rings or Narnia. The D&D freaks will roll their 20-sided dice and vote him through another round, although he deserves to be skewered by orcs.

Katharine: My dear sweet Kat. I make no apologies for having McPheever, and the excessive drooling associated with it. However, I must admit that it will be difficult to overcome this week's slight lyric misfire and overall male theme-week. My girl has long odds. I fear I'll see her crying at the end of tonight's show, but I'll hold out hope that Chris or Elliot come up short in the voting.

That is all.

<removed by moderator>!!!!

The Geocaching American Idol page has been updated!

My sentiments EXACTLY!!! :lol:

That was a crock!

You could see on both Catherine & Chris's face that they didn't believe it either.

I literally dropped my Diet Coke when Ryan said it.

WOW!! :blink: I'm about speechless. :anibad:

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I was shocked. I feared Cat was gone, but secretly hoped Elliot would be the one.

Eh, all 4 will get record deals anyway. So it's all good.

And I think that article I read was a controlled/planned leak obviously. Why else would Ryan have mentioned it?

Now ... the next question is:

Did BisonWoman and Medic208 vote for the same person???

Who will be mailed nearly 30 coins (sig items, trinkets, pins, etc)?

IF they both voted for the same person that wins AI, the pot will be divided by 2.

IF they both voted for the same person and get booted, then they, being the lone survivors, will still split the pot by 2.

IF one gets knocked out next week, the other, by default, will be the winner (regardless if they chose the right person or not.)

Stay tuned!!!

I cannot believe Chris was booted off last night! I'm also amazed I'm still in the running in this contest! :blink: I've had my students following the show, and most of them like Chris the best, but the guys all have McPheever. :anibad: I told one particularly stricken young man that he'd better watch last night because it was going to be Katherine's last night! Guess I was way wrong!

I still can't believe Chris is gone. I don't even care who wins now. On the plus side for Chris, he may not get locked into the AI recording contract which I've heard is a rotten deal. It seems their goal is to get as far as they can, but not actually win the record deal. Perhaps this will work out best for him in the long run, and I am certain we will be seeing a record from him in the near future.

I heard Chris has been made an offer from the rock group FUEL. Remember he rocked their song!

As a self proclaimed concert-junkie, I'd pay to go see him live. He is the only one!

I am soo not interested in this show anymore.

You heard correct! They've been looking for a new lead singer since February when Brett Scallions left the band. They made the offer on the entertaiment news show "EXTRA" just hours after he got the boot. They have been discussing offering the job to him since he did such an awesome job on their song "Hemorrhage".

I read in an interview with him today that he's keeping his options open at this point. He's also been offered several recording contracts by other record companies as a solo act.

PLUS... you also have to remember, he's still got the band he came from waiting for him back in Raleigh, North Carolina. :ph34r:

Man! I'd hate to be in their shoes!! :o

Here's a chance of a lifetime for them to be able to make a go of it in the big time on Chris's heels.

But at the same time, if he did try and make a go of it with them, they could very well hold him back if they can't cut the mustard. :)

TALK ABOUT PRESSURE!!! :D

I heard Chris has been made an offer from the rock group FUEL. Remember he rocked their song!

As a self proclaimed concert-junkie, I'd pay to go see him live. He is the only one!

I am soo not interested in this show anymore.

You heard correct! They've been looking for a new lead singer since February when Brett Scallions left the band. They made the offer on the entertaiment news show "EXTRA" just hours after he got the boot. They have been discussing offering the job to him since he did such an awesome job on their song "Hemorrhage".

I read in an interview with him today that he's keeping his options open at this point. He's also been offered several recording contracts by other record companies as a solo act.

PLUS... you also have to remember, he's still got the band he came from waiting for him back in Raleigh, North Carolina. :ph34r:

Man! I'd hate to be in their shoes!! :o

Here's a chance of a lifetime for them to be able to make a go of it in the big time on Chris's heels.

But at the same time, if he did try and make a go of it with them, they could very well hold him back if they can't cut the mustard. :)

TALK ABOUT PRESSURE!!! :D

but also - dont forget, there is a 90 day clause written into all AI finalists ...

but also - dont forget, there is a 90 day clause written into all AI finalists ...

Your right! :ph34r:

But in Chris' case, I think he's gonna be better off just having to do the "summer tour" instead of being locked into the AI recording contract given to the winner.

Speaking of the "summer tour"...

This is the first season that I have the desire to actually buy a ticket to see it. The talent level this year was so much better than previous years.

Years past it was just a 2-3 that actually had some "real" talent, this year I can see all of the top 6 with successful careers in the biz if they pursue it correctly. :o

I doubt that AI will make it our way. I would agree this has been a year for some very good talent. It was tough trying to figure out who would really go all the way. In the past I could pick 1-2 which usually got booted out towards the end.

As far as Chris leaving. I too was shocked. I guess I do not see the appeal for Elliott. He just doesn't seem American Idol material. I do not seeing people purchasing his albums or going to his concerts. His performances and singing ability is okay.

McPhee has the looks for the adolescent vote callers to overlook her vocals. (Okay even for a guy just turning 45 soon, she does give me a pain in the neck as I quickly twist my head to watch those popping buttons.) She is talented but.....

My man Taylor.... I don't know...I love to watch him sing but am not sure I'd purchase an album...He's a tough call. (My favorite idol of all time was Latoya London a few years ago... she had a good voice, good control but lacked some kiddie appeal.)

Oh well....two weeks to go.

(My favorite idol of all time was Latoya London a few years ago... she had a good voice, good control but lacked some kiddie appeal.)

She was my favorite in season 3 as well. I still remember that version of Ain't Nobody (Chaka Kahn) that she performed! Loved it!

Edited by AtlantaGal

What a show! Wow!

My take:

Elliot:

Song 1 - Too soft - needed to pick up the tempo and sing it better. Simon was right to 'loosen up.'

Song 2 - Definitely loosened up during this song. Good job!

Song 3 - Not bad - definitely a lot better then the first.

Katherine:

Song 1 - Blech. I didn't like how she sang the song in her own style. Holy crap did she look yummy!

Song 2 - WOW!!! Brilliant job! WOW WOW WOW

Song 3 - S-S-S-Sultry Katherine! Great! Awesome! Wow! Yahoo! Yummy! Oh yea, she sang it well too!

Taylor:

Song 1 - Great googely-moogely! If Taylor was my student, I would give him an A+++ Excellent job!

Song 2 - OMG!!! Yet another awesome song. WOW!!!

Song 3 - Fantastic!!!

Wow - tough decision this week!!!

PEZ's choice - bye bye Elliott!

-TP

WOW!! What a GREAT show!! I'm glad I taped it, I might watch it again tonight :ph34r:

I never really liked Elliot's voice, and although he did OK I don't see him making it to the finals. I think it was the last song he sang, but it just seemed to be a bit off for me.

WOW!! Catherine really impressed me tonight! Her first song was great, and her 2nd song was one of the best performances all year. And... she looked really good tonight :)

Taylor rocked the house tonight! :blink: All i can say is WOW! We will see him again next week!

Will there be one or two people left in the coin contest after tomorrow night... hmmmmm... it's definitely getting interesting :huh:

Bye Bye Elliot!

well if it is between taylor and katherine i hope it is taylor..just can't get with katherines singing. sounds like a broadway musical to me. not that i wouldn't want to go to a broadway show but it isn't the music i listen to.

I have to tell you that this really isn't my music style of choice either, but as long as Kat is singing I can easily be swayed :blink: . Heck she could even put down the mic and just talk to me and I would be happy :)

Is Kat a member of the forums? Is there a chance of her reading this? :ph34r:

well i did an email search for katherine mcphee found a couple one is 96..i'm kinda impressed a 96 year old sends emails...don't think it is the right one..wrong state. guess i don't get a coin. :)

Maybe you can post HERE and get better results :blink: ?

Edited by Damenace

well i did an email search for katherine mcphee found a couple one is 96..i'm kinda impressed a 96 year old sends emails...don't think it is the right one..wrong state. guess i don't get a coin. :)

Maybe you can post HERE and get better results :blink: ?

sent it....

i could email her and ask her to write you..would ya give me one of your coins. :ph34r:

they posted it... http://www.zabasearch.com/feedback/km.php

edied to add...where's my coin :huh:

Hey wait a minute the original deal was you where to email her requesting her to write me :blink: . You have only got the email address, have you emailed her :) . Be sure to CC me for verification. You coin will be in the mail the very next day :o .