American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

At least the right person went home. Hard to believe Chris was in the bottom 3 tho.

Here Here! And about time he left too! :huh:

We were totally floored when they put Chris in the bottom 3 group! :P

Did you see his poor wife?

I thought she looked like she was gonna pass out when Ryan annouced them as the bottom 3. :P

The whole Taylor picking which group he thought was safe was so totally out of line!!

They did that last year also and it pissed me off then too. It was so unfair to put them in that position! :P

At least Constantine was smart enough to stand in the middle.

By them going to the break after saying that to Taylor, I think they told him which group to go with because he didn't look like he was too happy to being doing it when he shook Chris's hand and walked back across the stage. Then he apolized to them as he walked back by them. :laughing:

Next week is gonna be VERY interesting!!

LOVE SONGS!?! :anibad: And Andrea Bocelli :D

It's gonna be another one of those weeks that everyone does great or everyone is gonna bomb! There isn't gonna be a middle road.

Anyone heard any rumors about Prince being a guest celebrity in a later show? :P

NOW "THAT" WILL BE INTERESTING!! If it's true! :)

-D-

At least the right person went home. Hard to believe Chris was in the bottom 3 tho.

Here Here! And about time he left too! :)

We were totally floored when they put Chris in the bottom 3 group! :laughing:

Did you see his poor wife?

I thought she looked like she was gonna pass out when Ryan annouced them as the bottom 3. :anibad:

The whole Taylor picking which group he thought was safe was so totally out of line!!

They did that last year also and it pissed me off then too. It was so unfair to put them in that position! :huh:

At least Constantine was smart enough to stand in the middle.

By them going to the break after saying that to Taylor, I think they told him which group to go with because he didn't look like he was too happy to being doing it when he shook Chris's hand and walked back across the stage. Then he apolized to them as he walked back by them. :D

Next week is gonna be VERY interesting!!

LOVE SONGS!?! :P And Andrea Bocelli :P

It's gonna be another one of those weeks that everyone does great or everyone is gonna bomb! There isn't gonna be a middle road.

Anyone heard any rumors about Prince being a guest celebrity in a later show? :P

NOW "THAT" WILL BE INTERESTING!! If it's true! :D

-D-

i wonder if he would wear those pants with his butt cheeks hanging out!!! :P

hehe.

-TP

Man, I may have to actually vote next week. How did Chris end up in the bottom 3? Don't you love the way Simon took credit for him changing up his style, but refused to accept the blame when he was in the bottom three.

Bye bye Ace. When the season began, I thought he stood a good chance to win, but he hasn't improved at all over the weeks. Just seems to think he can get by on his looks and charm. Now if only they'd boot Pickler. Sorry boys, I know you all love her, but she's the ditzy blond female version of Ace.

Now if only they'd boot Pickler. Sorry boys, I know you all love her, but she's the ditzy blond female version of Ace.

Hmm, as long as Kellie is singing country, I think she's a decent singer. Of the remaining contestants, I think Elliot should go next, followed by Kellie. That would leave you with the 4 best "singers" in the bunch to battle it out for the top spot.

Of course every year it seems someone who should have been long gone, makes it into the top 3 or 4. I about died in season 1 when Tamayra was booted before Nicky and Justin.

My take on tonites performances:

Katherine - Can you say wardrobe malfunction!?!?! How did she not "fall out?" (c'mon, admit it... you thought the same thing. (I know Gridlox was hoping too!!) I think she sang well, but not like previous shows. Not time to go home yet. Perhaps next week, but some major eye candy! 029.gif<p>

Elliott - He did justice to this song. It was very moving. As a fellow diabetic, I want him to stay, but I fear he will be in the bottom 3 just because of his past songs. <p>

Kellie - She didn't do this song very well. Flat in a lot of places and high in others. And whats up with that Jersey hairdo??? I think America is getting tired of the "dumb blonde routine." Bottom 3. But say what you want, she sure is some yummy eye candy!!! 1087.gif On a personal note to Kellie - Move to Marietta baby, I will surely play pottery with you anytime.<p>

Paris - WOW! She sure pulled this one off! Great job, Paris! <p>

Taylor - Yea Buddy. My first choice. Did he actually say, "Good to see you" to Andrea?? OMG 114.gif Bad song choice, but good job nonetheless! <p>

Chris - For some reason, I felt like I was at a Mexican Resteraunt in the beginning, but he did a wonderful job overall. I think Paula was high. <p>

Wow - tough call this evening.

Bottom 3:

Elliott

Kellie

Taylor (Oh, it kills me to write that!!)

Who leaves? Buh-bye Kellie

Did not have a chance to see last weeks show as I was at a convention in Orlando. Had to go back and look at the logs yesterday afternoon to see who was booted out. I agree... Kellie will probably be going home this week.

I'm not really a Chris fan as I don't know alot of the songs he sings, though I would have to say that I loved his second song last night. If I didn't have all my money....er coins :) ... on someone else, I might have been tempted to vote for him.

My take on tonites performances:

Katherine - Can you say wardrobe malfunction!?!?! How did she not "fall out?" (c'mon, admit it... you thought the same thing. (I know Gridlox was hoping too!!) I think she sang well, but not like previous shows. Not time to go home yet. Perhaps next week, but some major eye candy! 029.gif<p>

Elliott - He did justice to this song. It was very moving. As a fellow diabetic, I want him to stay, but I fear he will be in the bottom 3 just because of his past songs. <p>

Kellie - She didn't do this song very well. Flat in a lot of places and high in others. And whats up with that Jersey hairdo??? I think America is getting tired of the "dumb blonde routine." Bottom 3. But say what you want, she sure is some yummy eye candy!!! 1087.gif On a personal note to Kellie - Move to Marietta baby, I will surely play pottery with you anytime.<p>

Paris - WOW! She sure pulled this one off! Great job, Paris! <p>

Taylor - Yea Buddy. My first choice. Did he actually say, "Good to see you" to Andrea?? OMG 114.gif Bad song choice, but good job nonetheless! <p>

Chris - For some reason, I felt like I was at a Mexican Resteraunt in the beginning, but he did a wonderful job overall. I think Paula was high. <p>

Wow - tough call this evening.

Bottom 3:

Elliott

Kellie

Taylor (Oh, it kills me to write that!!)

Who leaves? Buh-bye Kellie

Pez you know you still have to keep this going after Kellie is gone... You think you can??

Kellie you are out of here..

Well... down to five. Who is next?

Who would win if you did not have the opportunity to watch them perform but based your whole evaluation on only what you could hear?

My vote would be split between Paris and Katherine.

If I had to vote for a performer? Tayler and Chris (Though I am getting tired of the performers, nearly all of them, singing to the camera...just sing the song as if it was a message you really want ot get out to the world. Let the camera work the performer not the other way around).

That, of course, leaves Elliott in the middle. I don;t know what to think of him.

Okay crew...who would you vote for if you did not have the chance to watch their performance?

Well... down to five. Who is next?

Who would win if you did not have the opportunity to watch them perform but based your whole evaluation on only what you could hear?

My vote would be split between Paris and Katherine.

If I had to vote for a performer? Tayler and Chris (Though I am getting tired of the performers, nearly all of them, singing to the camera...just sing the song as if it was a message you really want ot get out to the world. Let the camera work the performer not the other way around).

That, of course, leaves Elliott in the middle. I don;t know what to think of him.

Okay crew...who would you vote for if you did not have the chance to watch their performance?

OOOOOhh... good one BN4!!!

I would have to go with my #1 choice again - Taylor, as I have always been a fan of that raspy Michael McDonald voice.

-TP

Katherine has really been stepping it up these last 2 weeks. She's my dark horse to take it if she keeps it up.

I was also glad to see the judges took back what they had said about her Tuesday night, and glad to know it caused no damage as she and Chris were the highest vote getters.

Taylor will no doubt get a recording contract, but compared to the others, he's not improving each week. Sorry PEZ, he doesn't deserve to win.

his second song last night.

Ummm, do we get a different show up here in the NW where we only get to see them sing one song?

I went home last night and watched one week on tape because I missed it, sounds like I might have got mixed up on which show was which... who knows.

But, my preshow pick would be Katherine...dang it is hard to admit to this one :)

Personally, Chris is gonna be my choice! :)

Mainly because he will sing the type of music I prefer.

I like all types of music except opera.

(Rap ain't real music so it don't count-Don't even bother to defend that, You won't change my mind! :wub: )

My CD collection has everything from Beethoven to Brooks & Dunn to Bee Gees to Black Flag!

But it leans heavily to the hard rock side! rock.gif

GO CHRIS!!rock.gif

Gridlox...BeeGees? Ahhhh. I like their music (older and newer - SNF) about as much as fingernails scraping a blackboard. They rank with ACE.

I am going to get hate mail now...aren't I.. Okay I will really stick my neck to get chopped off and say Aaron Neville is in that group. I brought that up since it came up in a conversation with my wife..."it just ain't natural." LOL.

Team PEZ I still have hopes for Taylor Hicks

Edited for Spelling (typing)

Edited by Bailey Nippon 4

Gridlox...BeeGees? Ahhhh. I like their music (older and newer - SNF) about as much as fingernails scraping a blackboard. They rank with ACE.

Leftovers from my roller disco days! :lol:

I just have to drag them out whenever I want to re-live my youthful John Travolta/Saturday Night Fever days.

Oh those were the glory days!! Beleive it or not I had JT's routine down pat, but I one upped him... I could do it on roller skates!! :)

BUT THAT WAS A LOOOOOOONG TIME AGO!! :lol:

Oh no! Now you've gone and done it!

I got that song rolling in my head...

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk,

I’m a woman’s man: no time to talk.

Music loud and women warm, I’ve been kicked around

Since I was born....

saturdaynightfever.jpg

OK, my thoughts:

Elliott - #1 - Pretty good song! #2 - Great song, loved it, wow!

Chris - #1- Great song and did it awesome. #2 Not a great song, but overall, great performance.

Paris - #1 - Too squeaky. Grady (my cat) ran away and hid under my bed. #2 Bad song - yikes. Think she has a tendancy to sing songs that are too old for her.

Katherine - #1 You sang one of my all-time favorite artists - Phil Collins. I should love you for that, but you butchered the song. #2 WOW - great song!!!

Taylor - #1 - AWESOME ^%#$ SONG!!! 049.gif Great tune - You rocked! #2 Not my most favorable performance, but he definitely showed a smoother side!

Hard to predict the bottom 3, but my prediction to go home -

PARIS

-TP

Edited by Team PEZ

Of the first song performance, Chris was best followed by Paris. Squeeky??? Has Simon ever heard Prince sing that song? LOL! She did a fine job. Taylor was third.

Second song performed Catherine totally had this one, followed by Paris and then Taylor.

I've actually been trying to vote. Lines are busy. I think Elliot may go home tomorrow. His song choices and performances were not memorable enough.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Lines are busy.

If you were trying to vote for Kathrine it was because my 14 year old daughter had it tied up! :P

After Idol went off she disappeared to her room. I'm thinking she's gone and vegged out on a new PS2 game she's been addicted to for the past week.

About 10:30 she comes around the door into the living room shaking her fingers and said "Man! My fingers are tired!"

I told her that playing the PS2 was bad for her.

Then she said, "No! I been calling in votes for the show. There must not be many people voting for Kathrine, because I got through a LOT more for her than for Chris and Taylor."

When I asked her how many time she got through, she said "32 for Catherine, 15 for Taylor, & 8 for Chris."

:P:ph34r:

THANK GOD SHE WASN'T TEXT MESSAGING!!

Now my critiques: :P

Elliott

#1 -Did OK, but didn't really care for it.

#2 - Boy has got some pipes! Awesome!

Paris

#1 - Kinda good. :laughing:

But after seeing Prince perform it live in concert, most any performance would pale (YES! I'm a Prince fan! :P )

#2 - :ph34r::laughing::P Hated It! (Or at least the first half of it. I muted the TV after about a minute of it :P )

Chris

#1 - STYX would be proud!! :D AWESOME JOB!

#2 - Right now I can't remeber the name of the group that does that song, but if I was their lead singer, I'd be really worried about losing my job! Chris did a much better job than the original that's being played on the radio - UNTIL his voice died about 3/4 of the way through. Even then, he still sounded pretty good.

Kathrine

#1 - I really felt sorry for her. My wife has performed songs like this in church before. Where you have to time your first line sung before or AS the music comes in. It's extremely hard to do live!

She was just a bit behind to begin with and it threw her off for the rest of the performance!

#2 - Best Performance of the Night!! To sound that good and not even get up off of the floor is phenomenal! Plus... that was SEXY AS H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!! :P

Taylor

#1 - Definately the right song choice!! That was the Taylor we've all come to love! Very enjoyable performance.

(Side Note - I don't know what kinda weddings Simon is going to that he thinks that was a wedding singer performance. I do some catering with my mom and of the three that we've done that had actual bands play, I'd loved to heard something that was remotely as good as Taylor!)

#2 - OK... ummm :P Taylor this was supposed to be something from the Top 10 Billboard Charts of today. But he sneakily got in a Beatles song because they have a re-release on the charts right now.

But anyways... Even thought it was a fairly good performance, I think it may hurt him that he didn't attempt something that really was NEWER.

My pick to come home... I say "come" home because Paris is from this area! :P

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

I was able to get 1 vote in for Paris out of 200 dialing attempts on both numbers in the 2 hour window. So I dunno. That's usually a good sign.

I didn't try for any of the others. I had the help the home girl.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I was able to get 1 vote in for Paris out of 200 dialing attempts on both numbers in the 2 hour window. So I dunno. That's usually a good sign.

i say she is still leaving tonite.

I didn't try for any of the others. I had the help the home girl.

home girl? she's from minnesota!

this is a hard season to pick one person..at least now that it is whittled down. and i have to say it is the guys that impress me this time. but i really would love to see elliott win it. but i really like taylor and chris too...chris has the talent and charisma, taylor lots of charisma and talent. elliott has a wonderful talent and is soulful. paris and katherine have beautiful voices but have not sung a song yet that has moved me in any way. though i love it when princess p talks.

though i love it when princess p talks.

Oooo :P I don't. :)

It sounds like she's whining.

I got a 14 year old daughter that I have to hear talk like that too much as it is! :(

"But daaaaddy! Evverry boody else is gittin' to goooo!" :(

"But daadddy! Evverry booody else is weeaaaring them! God! Theeey ooonly cost fitty doolllaars!" :)

"Doo weee gootta go ge"O"cachin' riiight now? Tiffany is s'poosed to call me!" :)

(Don't know why, but she puts the emphasis on the "O" when she doesn't want to go. Any other time it's geo"cach"ing.)

Oooo :P I don't. :)

I got a 14 year old daughter that I have to hear talk like that too much as it is! :(

"But daaaaddy! Evverry boody else is gittin' to goooo!" :(

"But daadddy! Evverry booody else is weeaaaring them! God! Theeey ooonly cost fitty doolllaars!" :)

"Doo weee gootta go ge"O"cachin' riiight now? Tiffany is s'poosed to call me!" :)

(Don't know why, but she puts the emphasis on the "O" when she doesn't want to go. Any other time it's geo"cach"ing.)

$50 dollars? not bad! oh wait - that must be for one shoe.

Oooo :) I don't. :(

I got a 14 year old daughter that I have to hear talk like that too much as it is! :P

"But daaaaddy! Evverry boody else is gittin' to goooo!" :)

"Doo weee gootta go ge"O"cachin' riiight now? Tiffany is s'poosed to call me!" :P

Try a pair of jeans that had been "pre-conditioned". (pre-conditioned = worn out!!)

Looked like they had been drug through some of Georgia's finest red mud, rips in the back pockets, both knees completely gone, and the bottom of both legs looked like somebody with no feet had been wearing them for about 6 months!!

Sorry! The Salvation Army clothes store would probably throw them away!!

I be darn if I'm gonna throw $50 bucks away on something like that, I DON'T CARE IF IT IS "IN STYLE".

Not in my house! :(

D-mean-man :P

Oooo :) I don't. :(

I got a 14 year old daughter that I have to hear talk like that too much as it is! :P

"But daaaaddy! Evverry boody else is gittin' to goooo!" :)

"Doo weee gootta go ge"O"cachin' riiight now? Tiffany is s'poosed to call me!" :P

Try a pair of jeans that had been "pre-conditioned". (pre-conditioned = worn out!!)

Looked like they had been drug through some of Georgia's finest red mud, rips in the back pockets, both knees completely gone, and the bottom of both legs looked like somebody with no feet had been wearing them for about 6 months!!

I be darn if I'm gonna throw $50 bucks away on something like that, I DON'T CARE IF IT IS "IN STYLE".

Not in my house! :(

and besides, $50 can grab you about 5 coins!!!

well i don't know what generation you are but my mom kept trying to through out my worn jeans in the 70's and i kept dragging back out of the trash. i guess it is full circle. i am so used to kids talking that way i barely notice it. and i think my mom used to say the same thing..not in my house... :)

Not in my house! :)

well i don't know what generation you are but my mom kept trying to through out my worn jeans in the 70's and i kept dragging back out of the trash. i guess it is full circle. i am so used to kids talking that way i barely notice it. and i think my mom used to say the same thing..not in my house... :D

Born in '65, so I didn't get to my teen years until the late 70's-Early 80's.

Just in time for the whole NEW WAVE/Michael Jackson THRILLER/Miami Vice Era!! :(

I know what you mean about your mom throwing away your clothes and having to dig them back out.

I had a ball cap that I loved and my mom kept trying to throw it out. She was afraid it was gonna get me in a fight.

Just because it said "Smart A** White Boy" on it!! :(:laughing::lol:

'Cause This Is Thriller, Thriller Night

And No One's Gonna Save You From The Beast About

Strike

You Know It's Thriller, Thriller Night

You're Fighting For Your Life Inside A Killer, Thriller

Tonight

:lol:

Ooops got off the Idol topic! :ph34r: (AGAIN!! ;) )

Bye Paris!!

Taylor is gonna rock next week!!

ELVIS is in the building!!

Perfect for him!!

Katherine will have to sing "Love Me Tender"!! :P

D-man :(

Rumor? Have the votes already been counted? :ph34r::laughing:

Apparantly 19 Entertainment has their winners according to some website similar to The Smoking Gun. They said that when the final votes are tallied, the lowest vote getter doesn't always go home. Guess we'll see if there's any validity to it in a few weeks.

Ahhh...I would have lost if I had been chosen to enter the contest on voice alone. Well at least with the songs that were sung as groups numbers the solidness of the voices is in question...really pitchy.

Still best performer...Taylor Hicks...the best consistent voices are all gone...happens every year.

Ahhh...I would have lost if I had been chosen to enter the contest on voice alone. Well at least with the songs that were sung as groups numbers the solidness of the voices is in question...really pitchy.

Still best performer...Taylor Hicks...the best consistent voices are all gone...happens every year.

hellooooooo Japan!

don't worry - im sure there will be more contests like this one!

-TP

Just can't see Katherine beating Taylor. Nope.

If anything, Taylor and Chris are the final 2.

Welp, since my pick bit the dust, I will have to agree. I will be wathcing closely to see who wins and who had the correck pick.

PEZ - Even though I am no longer in the running, I'm curious to what you're gonna do if there are several people who picked the winner?

Just can't see Katherine beating Taylor. Nope.

If anything, Taylor and Chris are the final 2.

Welp, since my pick bit the dust, I will have to agree. I will be wathcing closely to see who wins and who had the correck pick.

PEZ - Even though I am no longer in the running, I'm curious to what you're gonna do if there are several people who picked the winner?

Good question!

I will take the amount of amount of coins, tokens, sig items sent to me by the GC.com community and divide them by the number of winners. I will make xx amount of envelopes and have the PEZettes choose, at random a coin, sig item, or token from the goodie bag and place in each envelope. I will then seal them and send them off. I won't even know what is going where!

-TP

Let me see I am trying to figure the math... there have been several times when the lowest vote getter on AI meant that several of the coin contest winners were also lost. If you started with 24 I would think that the actual number left in the coin competetion is pretty low. My gamble is that the winner will get quite a few coins..... Are there less people still in the coin competition than on the show....hmmm.

Looking at the comments it will be pretty close to dead even.