American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

OMG!!!

I love Kellie. 641.gif <humma-humma-humma> And her singing wasn't that bad too!

Taylor rocked (even though he missed the microphone stand!) He's still my #1 choice! 1022.gif Simon is an a**

Bucky? Not bad!

Chris - C'mon my follically challenged brother... pick it up. You sucked this evening. Definitely my choice for the bottom 3.

Ace - Be a man dammit! Rock out. It's time for him to go. Sure, good looks only go so far. You need TALENT to stay on Idol. Bottom 3

Did I mention Kellie? OMG. I love her.

OMG - Paris??? I love her too. She rocked out! musik13.gif

Katherine - She's gone. Buh-bye on a jet plane! fahr01.gif

Too bad Idol doesn't have any "wardrobe malfunctions"

Was it just me, or ...

During their recap at the end when they showed Paris finishing her song, it didn't match her performance. Her performance ended with her facing the audience, in the recap she ended facing to her left (viewers right).

Maybe they use footage from practice sessions?

Was it just me, or ...

During their recap at the end when they showed Paris finishing her song, it didn't match her performance. Her performance ended with her facing the audience, in the recap she ended facing to her left (viewers right).

Maybe they use footage from practice sessions?

Thank goodness for TiVo! Let's go to the video (digital) tape

Went back and holy crap - you are right. Good call, young jedi.

What's up with that? Bad editing?? But it's a live show! Hmmm....

They always do the recap from their practice. My wife and I noticed it back in Season 3, that's when we started watching the show... one of the singers, can't remember who it was now, ended the song with an incredible and long note in the performance, but it was short and so, so in the recap... we backed up the tivo and noticed they were all the same way.

Edited by MetroGT

**I tell you who really disappointed me this week... ACE! ;)

Here this kid has been killing us with his falseto for weeks and he finally gets a ton of choices from one of the greatest falseto vocalist of all time and he chooses to go all out rock!! :D

Pu-lease, Dude!! :D I think he WANTS to go home!!

I was ready to bet the house that he was gonna be "one" of the best this week and then he goes and shoots himself in the foot!!

"Definately the wrong song choice for ya, dawg!"

**Cathrine definately made the right decision to change songs, but I don't think it was good enough.

We'll see. :huh: It'll either be her or Ace this week that gets the old heave ho.

**Taylor was the other one that made the right decision to change songs.

While his vocals weren't that strong, his showmanship is stellar!

Although, I do think he'll be one of the bottom three.

**Chris kicked a** on his performance!!! ;)

I think the reason a lot of peope didn't care for the song was because it wasn't that well known.

**Elliot was OK. Good enough to keep him around another week, but nothing really exciting.

**I'm definately agreeing with Simon on Paris, "That was just weird!" Don't get me wrong she rocked out, but it just didn't fit her at all!

Kinda like the "Pat Boone sings heavy metal" thing that he did a while back.

**Couldn't tell you a thing about Bucky. :D I was stuck in line at McD's waiting on a stupid McChicken sandwich and got home right as they went to commercial after his performance. ;)

**Saving the best for last!!

Kellie 641.gif

Sigh! B)

She coulda just stood there and let those angels with their harps floating around her do her song!

But she didn't, she belted out another top notch performance and scored very high on D-man's list of "Best of the Night!" :huh:

North Carolina has definately came to kick a** & take names this year!!

D-man B)

You guys that have TiVo, do you still have last weeks show?

If so, Go back and verify something for us.

I heard this from someone yesterday...

Ever since the "Wardrobe Malfunction" FOX has been running every live show on a 10 second delay.

After Ryan announces Mandisa as the loser, there is a stutter in the video. Then everyone has this look of utter shock on their faces and then slowly starts clapping for her and ends up giving her a standing ovation.

The reason for the look of shock on everyone's faces wasn't because she got voted off.

It was because of some teen girls in the audience cheering that she had got voted off and yelled a "racial slur" at her.

Which was the reason for the stutter in the video. They quickly edited it out.

I've only found one video online that has the stutter and I'm not sure if it's real or not, or just someone doing some creative editing to promote a rumor.

Is the stutter actually there?

Could this be true?

Let us know.

D-man ;)

Buh Bye ACE!!! It's time for you to go home!

I also laughed when Taylor missed the microphone stand ;) BUt I thought his performance rocked! WHOOO HOOOO!

Ok.. although Chris can sing, he seems to be just screaming words lately - I'm starting to get tired of that!

I really like Kellie too ;) but geeeesh she comes across as an idiot!!

Ever since the "Wardrobe Malfunction" FOX has been running every live show on a 10 second delay.

After Ryan announces Mandisa as the loser, there is a stutter in the video. Then everyone has this look of utter shock on their faces and then slowly starts clapping for her and ends up giving her a standing ovation.

The reason for the look of shock on everyone's faces wasn't because she got voted off.

It was because of some teen girls in the audience cheering that she had got voted off and yelled a "racial slur" at her.

I've only found one video online that has the stutter and I'm not sure if it's real or not, or just someone doing some creative editing to promote a rumor.

Could this be true?

Let us know.

D-man ;)

Now that you mention it... I do remember the stutter. I have taped most of the episodes since I have meetings each tuesday evening, and when I watched that show something seemed strange at first, so I rewound the tape and it was an obvious pause in the show. I couldn't figure out what happened, but that makes sense. I also remember seeing a really weird look on Ryan's face at that same time too.

Could this be true?

Let us know.

D-man :lol:

I played mine back after I heard it, and there was definately a skip in the feed, and a real uncomfortable silence afterward...

ok... is it wrong to watch kellie sing her queen song over and over? humina-humina-humina. that outfit just doesnt leave my mind. wow! bow-chicka-bow-wow. 663.gif

but taylor rocks - i hope he wins!

-TP

edit to delete a minors name - oops. thought she was 18. thanks MetroGT for the info!

Edited by Team PEZ

Drats. :P

They advertised Rod Stewart... but they weren't his songs per se... only songs he covered in his last album.

Bummer. I was really hoping to see Taylor and Chris rock out to "Hot legs" or "Do you think I'm sexy?"

Kind of a boring show. I think they should choose Phil Collins songs. Now we're talking shows!!

OK - my choice for the bottom 3:

Kellie - She talked America into puting her in the bottom 3. :)

Ace - Does he sing better when touching himself? Ponytails on men are very outdated! Please send him home, America!

Elliot - Just cause I think his time is up.

OK America ... your thoughts?

Bottom Three (In my opinion)

Elliot - Simon hit it on the head... it was all about stage image... vocals were good though

Ace - God I'm tired of this one... just another pretty face and I'd rather see pretty female faces :P

Chris/Kellie... and I kinda think it will be Chris... such a total opposite of his rock style that I had trouble staying awake. But you are right Team PEZ... Kellie talked herself into it if she is there, cause she actually sang pretty well tonight.

--------------------------------------------------

I feel Elliot will be going home... style and other better performers.

I thought overall everyone sang these songs, some of which are very difficult to sing, very well. So it's hard for me to pick the bottom three although I do think Ace will be among the bottom.

So, I'll list my favorites for the evening... Catherine gave me tears in my eyes. That was a great song and a fantastic performance! Also loved Taylor and Chris.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Overall it was a good night!

Catherine really impressed me! She did an excellent job :blink: the best of the evening.

As always I enjoyed Taylor, although I was a little worried at the start of the performance.

It was weird seeing Chris sing something besides a rock song, but I thought he did well.

I didn't like Paris's song :anicute:

Ace and Elliot - time to go!! Buh Bye :yikes:

Man! Talk about hard having to pick a bottom 3 from tonights show! :lol:

Kellie's was the worst performance of the night and it wasn't really that bad. :huh:

BUT if I have to pick... Ace, Elliott, & .... ummmm :lol: .... Kellie??

I kinda was a in a toss up between Paris & Kellie on perfomance, but you guys are right, she pretty much sealed it when she said, "I Butchered That One!"

Jeeze Girl! Kinda hard to convince the world you did your best when you say stuff liike that! B)

Paris's performance was dead on vocally, BUT it was boring. :yikes:

I was expecting her to do well after hearing her audition singing the same type of music style. She really needed to do something other than "Just sing it well", she needed to stylize it some way to make it her own. B)

Taylor... entertaining as always. Coulda sang better, but he did well enough for another week. B)

I agree with Simon on Elliott. Just wasn't exciting at all.

Ace... Ummm... Why oh Why do they keep telling him to sing in Falseto!!??!! :huh: It's like nails on a chalk board!!

I finally figured out tonight why I don't like him!! He's like one of the secondary singers from the "Backstreet Boys" trying to make a comeback as a solo artist!! :huh::blink:

Cathrine! Definately ended the show with the best performance!! I don't think I can go as far as Simon to say she was on a different level, but she was definately the best of the night!

Chris opened the show with the second best performance of the night in my opinion! :wub:

I totally agree that he was out of his element having to sing this kind of music, but he nailed it!! :huh:

Not to mention that it is one of my favorite songs (No matter who sings it!)

My family has orders to have it played at my funeral :huh: The lyrics are just awesome!

(Along with Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow [Download it if you can find it and enjoy!!])

Going home tomorrow... ???

Not Kellie - Here cute country girl personality will keep her here another week. :lol: (I hope :huh: )

Elliott? Ace? Elliott? Ace? Elliott? Ace? Elliott? Ace? ...

Bye-bye ACE! :anicute:

D-man B)

Wow, we just finished watching here in the land of the rising sun...well our sun has just set. But...over all impression.

Chris .... after listening to the replay clip at the end...he could be one of the bottom three performances for the night.

Paris...beautiful vocals..not a thrilling performance but she has that little jazzy smoky aspect to her voice that makes the style fit her well. I would listen to the recording but not keen on the performance.

Taylor...had me scared in the beginning...then he brought it on. I do not think he will make it as the American Idol but he is the only one that sings from the heart week after week. (The others are just performing songs...Taylor makes the music his own)

Elliot....love the song... a ho-hum performance nothing to write home about....yawn...

Kellie....sorry Kellie...regardless of what she said...she was off pitch too often. From the point where she got away from the musicshe began to... changed her whole expression and she knew she was in trouble and it kept getting worse.

Ace...please let this be the week...I am afraid it won't be but cant we wish good thoughts...come on America...grabs those q-tips and clean out your ears and close your eyes while he "sings"... you can't seriousy think he should be here week after week.

Katherine...I got shivers when she started.. beautiful song and performance. I don't think it was the best performance of the night but if America takes the q-tips out of their ears and opens their eyes, she should be in the hunt still.

Bottom three.......

Kellie

Ace...please....please...please...

Elliot

Sad to say it will most likely be Elliot.

Edited for spelling/typing.

Edited by Bailey Nippon 4

I hate to agree with Simon, but I think he was right that the person going home this week will be based on personality rather than vocal performance. Therefore, it will most likely be Elliot that leaves us this week. The guy does have a very nice voice, and in my opinion did the best job on the Queen songs last week (not that difficult mind you when they ALL butchered them). He just doesn't stand out in a crowd. Kellie did terrible last night, but she has a fan following that will likely pull her through this week.

I predict the bottom two will be Elliot and Ace, with Elliot going home. The third lowest is a tossup between kellie and Paris. Paris was great last night, but I don't think she has the same sort of fan following that the others do.

Chris - very nice vocal tone, as always.

Kathryn - hot (vocally and visually)

Kellie - bad night, but her fans will put her through

Ace - OK

Taylor - Good

Paris - I don't like her voice

Elliot - great voice, but lacking personality

I too, wish they sang Rod Stewart songs.

Along with Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Ahh, Brudda Iz :unsure: