American Idol Contest

Team PEZ

Hey all,

For all those that like to watch the American Idol show, how about a contest? Winner of the contest will win all donated geocoins from our wonderful geocaching community.

How to play:

All Geocachers names will be placed in a hat and randomly chosen, until we get 24 Geocacher names - 12 male and 12 female. Those Geocachers will be announced Sunday, Feb 19, 2006 at 9pm EST and only those people will play the game until the season finale, sometime in May. Everyone is invited to enter! If you are chosen, you will receive an email with directions to play. You will then have 48 hours to decide who your American Idol will be.

American Idol will start booting contestants on Thursday February 23, 2006 8:00pm EST

Those Geocachers that are selected to play will choose 1 of the 24 contestants and will stick with that one person through out the entire competition. There will be no changing minds. Their choice will only be seen by those people running the contest. Their choice will not be revealed, unless their choice gets booted off the show.

There may be a case where more then 1 Geocacher chooses the same contestant(s). If so, and they get booted off, then all of those Geocachers that chose that contestant lose too. On the flip side, if the winning contestant in May was chosen by more then 1 Geocacher, then the coins will be randomly divided by a hat drawing. If no Geocacher makes it to the final end, then the last remaining Geocacher(s) wins the pot.

Please do not post your "winner" publically!

To play:

All entrants must be received by Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 6pm EST.

Send the following info to GeoCachingAmericanIdol at gmail dotcom. You must send:

GeoNick

Full Name

Male or Female

City/State/Country (if outside the USA)

Names will be picked shortly after the deadline and then announced soon thereafter.

Any entrant without this info, will not be entered into the drawing. 1 name per household, please.

This all being said, we are now asking for coin donations. If you would like to donate an unactivated coin(s), or other coin(s), please email us at GeoCachingAmericanIdol at gmail.com as well.

We have already in the bucket:

Unactivated 2006 Ontario

Unactivated Grand Canyon

Thanks - Good luck everyone!

Edited by Team PEZ

Interesting how so many of the final 24 are from NC and the Southeast overall. There's even two local girls in there.

I have my pick narrowed to two. Glad I don't have to make it official unless my name gets picked to play. Cause I can't decide now, lol!

ive got my favorite already - heck i chose this person as soon as i heard him/her sing. but alas, i can not play nor will i reveal who my pick is!

ive got my favorite already - heck i chose this person as soon as i heard him/her sing. but alas, i can not play nor will i reveal who my pick is!

Well once you select the 24 players on Sunday, I hope you can post their picks so everyone on the forums who isn't selected can play along. It's also public record at that point too.

Well once you select the 24 players on Sunday, I hope you can post their picks so everyone on the forums who isn't selected can play along. It's also public record at that point too.

by not posting everyones pick - will keep the suspense ongoing!

Blah, that's no fun.

I agree thats not fun! Everyone who does not make will want to follow along, so they can play vicariously.

too much fun can cause brain damage! :)

we have over 40 possible contestants so far, and almost 10 donated geocoins. dont be afraid to register and donate a coin or two!!!

For who? Not the person who stands a chance of winning. Only for those not directly involved in the outcome. How can we expect to care if all 24 candidates appear to be in the running the entire time? Plus, and this is key: You take away the opportunity to razz the folks who pick the early losers :huh:

C'mon, make the list public :ph34r:

For who? Not the person who stands a chance of winning. Only for those not directly involved in the outcome. How can we expect to care if all 24 candidates appear to be in the running the entire time? Plus, and this is key: You take away the opportunity to razz the folks who pick the early losers :huh:

C'mon, make the list public :ph34r:

you make a good case pdx! let us mull it over!

Im in, if i did it right, and email isnt returned. Just another excuse to watch Idol, we had a local win runner-up year before last. And i said i would never watch it again, but i was wrong. I would donate a coin, but dont have one :huh: Anyone have ideas on best coins to start with? :ph34r:

I'm still a little confused on how to participate.

It's easy - if your name is chosen out of the hat, then you will have 48 hours to privately choose your next American Idol. If during the competition your choice gets voted off the show, then you are out of the competition and the others will continue on.

If your choice wins the entire competition, then you win the entire geocoin lot, which now consists of 16 unactivated coins!!! If there is more then 1 winner, the pot will be divided accordingly.

Hope that helps!

474.gif

i dont really watch american idol, but i guess im in, so wen do we tell u the person we think is gonna win? and do we do it here or email you?

The drawing for all Geocachers that will play for the coins will be held this Sunday, 6:30pm EST. If you want the chance for your name to be randomly chosen out of a hat, then send us an email listed on the forum. Not everyone that has sent us a name will be able to play for the coins, but certainly able to play with the group.

Remember, we are choosing 12 men and 12 women, henceforth the question of Male or Female.

If your name is chosen at random, you will be notified and see your name listed on a new web page. DO NOT publically send us your American Idol contestant. We will send you an email first.

We have over 50 Geocacher names and 16 Geocoins so far ... Why don't you add your name to the list and donate a coin!

As stated, you don't even have to watch the show at all. I know I wont be watching, even if I'm in the game :laughing: I will just pick someone from the list posted. From my understanding of the show, randomly picking is about as good as trying to pick the most talented, since they don't seem to care about actual talent on the show.

Participating in this game in no way supports the actual AI show.

As stated, you don't even have to watch the show at all. I know I wont be watching, even if I'm in the game :D I will just pick someone from the list posted. From my understanding of the show, randomly picking is about as good as trying to pick the most talented, since they don't seem to care about actual talent on the show.

Participating in this game in no way supports the actual AI show.

I agree NSLP - randomly picking is the best bet. There were many contestants that were booted from the show during the last few seasons that I thought were incredible and should have stayed longer. Then there were some people that stayed much longer then I expected too. But hey - what do I know ... I'm tone deaf. :laughing:

474.gif