CamoCachers

59bddc43-5415-47d2-9854-348a222148d2.jpg

9e543395-ec5b-41d6-bdf3-2fdb0be3c5b1.jpg

e520fd08-224b-483a-9ec9-24e418bc2d97.jpg

7946de49-929a-4b2c-802a-883eeb075513.jpg

b4f166ea-1007-42b4-9a1a-d6332265fafb.jpg

7f377c9f-30a8-43c8-8d68-75e12bd8630b.jpg

9e6d73c3-4252-49dc-92d8-558b539253be.jpg

I need to get a combo lock that I can reset the numbers to the amount of pennies glued to the one box. :laughing:

I know, tedious. How many pennies does it take to get to the center of this cache? :rolleyes:

I have heavy duty combo locks like that. I can set the combo to whatever 4 digit number I want. I really doubt you could get THAT many pennies on a can though!

I need to get a combo lock that I can reset the numbers to the amount of pennies glued to the one box. :)

I know, tedious. How many pennies does it take to get to the center of this cache? :D

One penny flakes off and your combo lock is usless, though.

Its gorilla glue. On my test I tried to pry one off, it bent the penny first before the prybar finally popped it off. No worries. :huh:

And what if some muggle comes along and glues an extra one to it? :P:huh::D:P

Let me know how the granite works out for you. I primed & painted an ammo can like yours last summer. Never got around to placing it, but left it out in the side yard as a test. After 1 or 2 "Ohio snows", most of the paint had flaked off.

My stone flecked cans have held up well. I used something called ClearCote to seal the containers.

To briansnat: Nice job--I like the stone flecked/ClearCote combination. Did you still need to use a gray primer first?

What's the material? Looks like Mossy Oak print cut into leaf shapes. I LIKE IT!

Yep, you nailed it! Mossy oak cut in oak leaf edge patterns (meaning not full leaf cut outs but representations on the edges) and that strait on shot doesn't do the camo tape justice. It really breaks up the lines!

It's Little Big Horn Break-Up Tape in the Mossy Oak Breakup pattern.

I removed the tape as it wasn't for permanent use, in my opinion. I then cut the excess matting from under the leaves and simply glued it where I wanted it. Very easy.

Edited by atascadero

weve done something similar to that except we made a complete bag for the can out of the realtree material that has cuts in it so it dont lay flat, its "spiky". i dont have any pictures of them, ill have to snap some on my next maintenance round.

it works very good :P

Edited by CamoCachers