Gccoins

SlytherinAlex

Latest news on the Scotland geocoins is that they should ship in Europe and North America towards the end of next week. Production was held up due to Chinese New Year (something I had never even considered).

Future projects on the books.

March

Coins being produced and marketed world-wide on behalf of local geocachers:

Luxembourg

6ACP-00526.jpg

Portugal

portugal_1.jpg

Production of the standard coins will be limited but generally available and 100 LE coins will be made for sale to residents of these countries only

April

The Luck Irish Lepracoin

South Dakota (Mrs Slytherin whose whole family are from SD is designing this one - not fully agreed yet but one face will feature a 3D Mount Rushmore)

We have been approached to produce a national coin for France and Denmark so they will probably be the next.

Anyone wanting to be added to our mailing list for advance ordering of coins should send an email to mailing@gccoins.com

Alex.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Question on your statements... luxembourg & portugal are ONLY for sale to those countries residents OR the LE editions are only for sale to those countries residents?

The Luxembourg with the black surround on the front face will be a limited edition of 100 and for sale to Luxembourg residents only.

The Portugal will be in polished nickel with a limited edition of 100 in polished gold for sale to Portugal residents only.

These coins have been designed by geocaching groups in the respective countries and gcCOINS are helping with the production and marketing. Other European country national coins may be produced in the future on a similar basis.

Question on your statements... luxembourg & portugal are ONLY for sale to those countries residents OR the LE editions are only for sale to those countries residents?

The Luxembourg with the black surround on the front face will be a limited edition of 100 and for sale to Luxembourg residents only.

The Portugal will be in polished nickel with a limited edition of 100 in polished gold for sale to Portugal residents only.

These coins have been designed by geocaching groups in the respective countries and gcCOINS are helping with the production and marketing. Other European country national coins may be produced in the future on a similar basis.

I'm not sure I understand why you're telling us if they're only available to the residents of those countries.

Oops, I've been working on a design for "LepreCoins" for awhile. That could conflict with the planned April "Lepracoin." I snooze, I lose! But, the designs would be totally different so perhaps it doesn't matter. (I am assuming that the Ireland coin would not prominently feature a hamster!)

The other coins look like first-rate designs so I imagine I'd be interested in the Lepracoins when they're offered. Good work. :D