Missing Cache Page Map

Haffy

I've looked around and did a search but can't seem to find an answer. Where did the map on the cache page go? You know the one that is shown below the decryption key. I am logged in and all and it doesnt seem to come up any more. Is this something that has been done away with? Thanks Haffy6

I see this on the page...

a4884e4c-36b7-4644-ac14-9a15dcad777c.jpg

That's a Tiger Census map.

To re-iterate what's on my FAQ...

When the cache page is created or updated, it uses the Tiger Census map (cheap, free). Those aren't visible for caches out of the U.S., but it's on this page.

Periodically, the system sweeps through and updates the caches with the better Microsoft maps. It hasn't done this on this cache yet.

If the owner edits the cache page, it resets to the Tiger Census map. So it MAY have swept through and given it a new map, but if cropmeister edited the page recently, it was reset to the Tiger Census map, and it will have to wait until the next sweep again to get the cool/better ones.

EDITED TO ADD: Dang - that Stunod is fast...

Edited by Markwell

Take this one for example I just went to the cache page and no map showed up. :http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a2a82af8-cfb1-4b42-968f-ec54788cea97

I see this:

18fb268d-110d-4dd9-adc1-072db52b0919.jpg

Don't you?

Nope, just a blank spot where it should be.

Nope, just a blank spot where it should be.

Do you have a pop-up blocker that may be stripping images hosted off-site, or any other internet security program that may be blocking it?

Edit: That Markwell is pretty quick, too :)

Edited by Stunod

You might have a firewall issue blocking the image from coming through, or it might just be REALLY, REALLY slow. Tiger maps are free and OK, but they can hang up.

I used to be able to just click on the blank spot and it would show up but that's not happening now.

Clicking on the map should bring up Mapquest. Specifically this page. But if the image isn't displaying on the page, it's probably because of some anti-spam or firewall issue.

You can still get to the map of the area by following the map links to the left of the page - that should help you out until you can see what's going on with your computer. Evidently, it's not a problem with other users, as both Stunod and I can see the image.

Clicking on the map should bring up Mapquest. Specifically this page. But if the image isn't displaying on the page, it's probably because of some anti-spam or firewall issue.

You can still get to the map of the area by following the map links to the left of the page - that should help you out until you can see what's going on with your computer. Evidently, it's not a problem with other users, as both Stunod and I can see the image.

Ok ,thanks guys I guess I'll have to delve into my firewall and anti-spam issues.