Who Else Hides Tupperware?

The Golem

A couple of new caches have been published close to home (I'll go and get 'em tomorrow) but they're actually called SOTA caches part of a "Summits On The Air" programme by radio hams. It set me wondering what other groups are out there, cluttering up the landscape with plastic boxes! ;)

I've heard of something called Geocaching, there's the archaic and mysterious sport of Letterboxing and now SOTA caches, but are there any other types out there?

I've heard of something called Geocaching, there's the archaic and mysterious sport of Letterboxing and now SOTA caches, but are there any other types out there?

Rumour has it that the SAS have a few, scattered about the world but I suspect that they aren't in 'Tupperware' and they probably contravene our guidlines ;):D:D

I got into geocaching via Waymerks, which is a similar game: except you aren't told where to find them, and there is no GPS involved. They are coins (very similar to geocoins), and hidden in the countryside in beautifully-made cache containers (clay jars, for instance). You just have to look out for them! I think this has been going quite a long time now.

Waymerks

HH

A couple of new caches have been published close to home (I'll go and get 'em tomorrow) but they're actually called SOTA caches part of a "Summits On The Air" programme by radio hams. It set me wondering what other groups are out there, cluttering up the landscape with plastic boxes!

A neighbour of mine found one of these SOTA caches out in the open (SOTA caches must get muggled too) and brought it home so he could contact the owners. Knowing I was interested he brought it round to show me and I was amazed by how many people had filled in the logbook in a short period of time. Looks like there is a geocaching parallel universe out there.