Are Bookmarks Searchable?

spotter/g

Been looking around the fourms, and was wondering if there was a way to search bookmarks.

Lets say I was going to travel across route 90, is there a way for me to look at any bookmark that had 'route 90' in its title. I guess it would be much like on the hide and seek a cache page.

thanks.

Been looking around the fourms, and was wondering if there was a way to search bookmarks.

Lets say I was going to travel across route 90, is there a way for me to look at any bookmark that had 'route 90' in its title. I guess it would be much like on the hide and seek a cache page.

thanks.

BUMP!

I would love to have an answer to this question. If not, are there any plans to make the public bookmarks searchable? I would have figured being able to search the bookmarks was a given, but I sure have not figured out how to do so.

So, if I want too see what bookmarks exist, the only thing I can do randomly click on profiles and see if they have any bookmarks?

thanks.

No. There's currently no way to do a search on bookmark lists... but it's a great idea! I think it has been brought up before but I'll check the bugs database and add it as a feature request if it isn't there.

I've created a couple of "route" bookmarks--along the Natchez Trace, for example. I've made the lists public, and a few people have found them helpful and emailed me thanks. They found them when searching for caches along that route and seeing my bookmark listed.

On the other side of the coin, I was looking for night caches for a trip to Dallas. When searching, I came across a bookmark titled "Dallas Night Caches." Saved me bunches of time.

So... while not searchable, you can often find what you're looking for if you look around a little bit (if it exists).

Jamie

Maybe there should be a bookmark forum or thread? If people wanted to list their bookmarks there, then it would be searchable.

Great idea, but keep in mind that bookmarks are typically limited to some geographical area (by country or state) while others are universal. Would this be a topic for for this forum or one of the regional forums???? Hmmm...