Geoscouting - Hoxie, Ks Scout Coin

KSWader

Anyone else having trouble with the Geocoin store on this coin? Last night I bought 2 of these coins, but when I paid via PayPal, PayPal added an additional $2.00 shipping fee to the total. I did get a confirmation e-mail from PayPal saying I paid the Geocoinstore for 2 coins.

Next, my account continued to show the purchase as payment due. I sent several e-mails to the Geocoin store asking them about the problem, but have yet to receive a reply. Today, my account shows the purchase was cancelled due to non-payment. What is going on?

I would just go and purchase some more, but my PayPal account does not have enough in it to purchase any more, the Geocoin Store already has it all. It will take 3 days for PayPal to add funds to my account, and the coins will be gone by then. Does anyone have a suggestion, or even a phone number for these guys so I can try and find out what is going on?

Perhaps another production run is in order. We'll get that whole troop to the Jamboree!!!!!!

We will see how the sales goes and if a lot of people were unable to get them.

We are hoping to put out more coins in different designs to help get the boys to Jamboree. That would be amazing to take an entire troop to Jamboree! We have an idea for one side of a coin already and thinking about what to put on the other side.

It is expensive. Just for a cub scout to go to Day Camp over the summer is close to 100 bucks a week. That doesn't include everything they need to take. Last year I was about 250 bucks by the time I sent mine for a week. We had over 1,000 boys attend that camp last year.

Now take grown up boys and the things they need.

If the idea is to send Scouts to camp, why wouldn't you run another sale? How much does it cost to send a troop to the Jamboree?

Last year we sent app. 35 boys and 10 adults to Summer Camp in Colorado, the bus alone was over $6,000.00 camp was $275.00 per boy, plus extra expenses.

I say make another coin, not more of this one. I am in and wish our troop had thought of doing so!!!

Keep up the good work :laughing:

I went to the '89 national jamboree it was a blast and we worked for tow years to get the money to go ;) I don't remember how much it cost, but even when we got to go we couldn't afford to camp at the jamboree (which I think would have been awesome).

We had a leader in the National Guard and they donated the use of a bus for the trip. Worth looking into. Was about THE most uncomfortable bus trip ever though. Straight up "school bus" style with bench seats and no AC in Virginia in the summer. And we drove from the tip, tip, top of Maine. Great experience though. Hope as many who want to go are able to.

If the idea is to send Scouts to camp, why wouldn't you run another sale? How much does it cost to send a troop to the Jamboree?

We are already thinking of another coin and have some ideas almost finalized. Estimates for the trip in 2010 is $1200 to $1500 per person from council including transportation. They will not have final price until they get all the transportation worked out in a couple of years. The trip in 2005 was $1200 per boy and was 18 days along with a tour of Washington DC. Council was allowed to send 80 boys last year and they will have 80 or 120 spots for the next jamboree. We have not heard yet for sure how many boys council will be allowed to send in 2010.

We already have have 3 boys and two adults say that they are going and 1 scout saying he will go to world jamboree! So gotta start saving early! We should have 8-10 in the troop at that time and hope we can get them all there. Money is very tight in our agricultural area as some parents have a hard time coming up with the $35 yearly dues! This is a once in a lifetime experience for all the boys that will be eligible.

The boys will still have to earn their way to the jamboree by doing community projects. We are not just going to write a check for their whole jamboree without them making an effort. All money raised from the geocoins will go towards sending boys to Jamborees!

whats up with the break in the store hours, i wanted two coins and it wouldn't let me click on two coins,it gave me one so i went back to try for two and then its closed until 12 pm on the 17th? Not everyone can be ordering coins at 12pm on a Workday! why would you be open in the evening ( a good time) and the go to the middle of the next day?

:)

Edit: oh i read KSwader's note, Sucks i missed these ;)

[/quote/]

well i got some on the second run

thank you

I was interested in a few of these but missed my opportunity at the geocoin store. I attended both the 1960 (yes, I am an old timer) and the 1997 Jambos and plan to attend the 2010. I love to see more cpoins produced. I do have MN geocoins to trade if someone purchased extra coins.

Hey, I was at the '97 one. If you went through the eco trail and there was this short, over weight lady at the USGS area talking about bird banding, that was me! I've been putting bird bands from that jamboree into caches around here. I couldn't believe I still had some.

Terri

Missed this one... :P

As an Eagle Scout ('73) I never pass up any chance to support Scouting... and it's a cool coin!

I'd like to acquire 3 of these (one for myself and two for close caching friends who're Eagles).

Any takers?

If interested, e-mail me regarding upcoming Alaskan geocollectibles soon to be available for trade... :(

Missed this one... :laughing:

As an Eagle Scout ('73) I never pass up any chance to support Scouting... and it's a cool coin!

I'd like to acquire 3 of these (one for myself and two for close caching friends who're Eagles).

Any takers?

If interested, e-mail me regarding upcoming Alaskan geocollectibles soon to be available for trade... :lol:

Trade made - thanks to fellow scouters! :lol:

No I am sure to log in before sales. I sent them an email so I will wait to hear what they say about the situation. I hope they hook me up with no problems too! :)

You shouldn't have a problem, I think they track by paypal email so since mine is different then my primary email address I included that in the email to them.

I wouldn't worry about it, I am sure they will fix it.

awesome coin. I missed the original order, but was able to get one from someone selling theres. any word on the other ones in the series?

Sorry but have not been on the forums much at all.

The 2nd edition is now out. The scouts did 400 brass and 100 Silver. As with the other coins they are going to send boys to the 2010 National Scout Jamboree. The brass coins are $10.00 each and the silver is $13.00 each. If you would like to purchase some of the second issue, email me what kind of coin and how many and I can send a PayPal invoice. Here are photos of the second issue of the coin. They are still trackable on geocaching.com and have the same icon as issue #1.

brassscoutcoin.jpg

silverscoutcoin.jpg

The side of the coin is the scout compass and the scout law radiates from the point of the compass that says Scout Honor.