Geoscouting - Hoxie, Ks Scout Coin

KSWader

A coin that I'll actually release (and keep one in my collection)!

Just some caution though to those who want to use these with your dens/packs/troops ... there was another thread opened recently by someone who released a TB with his scouts. They were having fun watching its progress until somebody used it for their own agenda.

A person who had issues with the scouts policies posted anti scout notes on the bug page and held the bug 'ransom' until their demands were met.

As with any internet related activity, please be prepared to explain this type of activity if it happens to you, or be prepared to filter it.

There are a lot of jerks in the world and unfortunately some of them geocache.

I got a bit worried when it didn't drop, but I got a half dozen. I hope they package them properly so they don't get loose in the mail. I'm also a bit surprides that they lasted at least a few minutes. I expected them to disappear more quickly. Just checked back they ARE gone now. Still, available for more than 2 minutes is better than thing have been!

What happens when you get throttled? blank screen? Cause I had a little icon in the corner, but that was there after 1 refresh.

The way I "think" it works is that the site won't let you reload if you have it refreshed too much??

I hit it with 2 minutes left, waited minute 45 seconds hit it again showed 6 seconds left, hit it again and got a blank screen. :huh:

Throttling is set to limit your refreshes to 30 per minute. Some people just hammer the site prior to a sale. It contributed to the hamsters having to be changed out this afternoon. Unless you're refreshing too fast, you'll see a warning notice when you hit the halfway mark. That should give you a heads up to calm down on the F5 key :huh:

Itchy F5 Finger A new phenomenon that presents itself just prior to a sale. We reserve the right to restrict the number of refreshes you can do on the store to preserve our bandwidth and improve store performance. Watch the F5 key! When sales are really hot, we throttle page loads. If you exceed the set throttle you will be temporarily unable to see the listings. bickhart814

whats up with the break in the store hours, i wanted two coins and it wouldn't let me click on two coins,it gave me one so i went back to try for two and then its closed until 12 pm on the 17th? Not everyone can be ordering coins at 12pm on a Workday! why would you be open in the evening ( a good time) and the go to the middle of the next day?

:(

Edit: oh i read KSwader's note, Sucks i missed these :huh:

Edited by xfalcon1

whats up with the break in the store hours, i wanted two coins and it wouldn't let me click on two coins,it gave me one so i went back to try for two and then its closed until 12 pm on the 17th? Not everyone can be ordering coins at 12pm on a Workday! why would you be open in the evening ( a good time) and the go to the middle of the next day?

:huh:

Because not everybody lives in the US! :(