Temecula Valley Geocaching Association

Cornerstone4

These won't be available for purchase until after our event at the end of the month, but, I was so excited with how well they turned out, that I had to post a picture! :ph34r:

We are having our second event in our little valley this month. We are expecting well over 200 people to attend, so we thought we would make an event coin! (Why not, it's as good of an excuse as any!) :mellow:

Anyway, one of the things that brings people to our little valley each summer is our Balloon and Wine Festival. Hot Air balloons, wine tasting from all the local vineyards, free concerts, what more can you ask for!

With that in mind, here is our new coin!

221227fc-9aeb-49e8-a778-53038866cd17.jpg

d406f37e-bef0-4d02-ac74-09acf79e8d51.jpg

Pricing and order info will be posted about the 1st of March.

Trackable with a custom Icon.

When I was young and living in Wichita Kansas, my mom would get me up REALLY early to go to the Hot Air Ballon Festival they had once a year at River Fest Time. I think they still do it, but anyway, It would be dark when we got there and chilly too. I remember the sounds of the balloons getting ready and the heat that came off them to warm me up. I dreamed of taking a ride in one of those balloons one day and I am still dreaming of it. It was a amazing thing to me then.

I will have to get one of these when they are ready. Great coin!

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

I got the Temecula Event coins in today, and they look great.

I know we will have coins available next week. We have well over 200 people coming to the event, but not all of them are coin collectors. Even though only the Polished Nickel coins will be available outside of the event, here is the breakdown on the finishes:

10- Silver Finishes (These coins are marked with an "S" after the tracking number.) No sales on these.

40- Gold Finish

960- Polished Nickel

I'm pretty sure C4 is busy packing up all the bikerdog coin orders and will probably announce a sale of the "balloon" coins once that's completed. There should be several hundred left over :P

C4 put together an amazing geocaching event on Sunday (actually 2 events) that he put an enormous amount of time and effort into preparing.

The Bikedog coins were the first priority for preparing the coins for shipping, most of those were prepared for shipping on Sunday evening at the event.

From what I understand a handful of event attendees still want coins so C4 needs to take care of them first and then he needs to take a bit of a rest for himself, he must be exhausted.

I don't see waiting for more than a few days before he mentions a sale date.

Otherwise, you could always make a trade with someone! :P

Cheers,

PassingWind

Thanks for posting updates AG and PW.

You are both correct.

One thing that happened is we were selling both bikedog, and event coins at the event on Sunday. Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead, and people were paying for both together, and for the first hour, the funds were mixed.

So, I have spent several hours getting all the bikedog coins packed and getting an exact count. That money needs to come first, even if I shortchange myself on the event coins. I can't sleep easy until this gets straightened out.

It may be Monday before I can open up sales. I have a commitment that will keep me away from a computer for the weekend, and I would hate to open up sales and come back to a big mess.

Thanks for your patience.