How Do I Edit A Waypoint

The Roos

It appears that the final co-ords for one of my caches may be a little off (thanks tjapukai and brambler for the info). In order to give the correct co-ords I have to rewrite some of the info in the waypoint section on the cache page. I have tried clicking "edit waypoint" but I still can`t change anything. I know I`m probably missing something very basic but any advice would be appreciated. I`ve temp disabled the cache until I get it sorted.

It appears that the final co-ords for one of my caches may be a little off (thanks tjapukai and brambler for the info). In order to give the correct co-ords I have to rewrite some of the info in the waypoint section on the cache page. I have tried clicking "edit waypoint" but I still can`t change anything. I know I`m probably missing something very basic but any advice would be appreciated. I`ve temp disabled the cache until I get it sorted.

I am not sure what 'edit waypoint' button you mean. If you go into 'Edit Listing' you will be able to change the waypoint there, although, if it is more than a certain distance, you will have to get one of the moderators to do it.

Edited by walkergeoff

I have tried clicking "edit waypoint" but I still can`t change anything.

The way this works is a bit weird.

If you click on "Add/Edit" from the cache page, it opens a form for creating a NEW waypoint.

But scroll right down to bottom of this, and you'll find your existing one listed there. Click on "Edit" (again) at the right hand side, and you can change the co-ordinates.

-Wlw

If you click on "Add/Edit" from the cache page, it opens a form for creating a NEW waypoint.

But scroll right down to bottom of this, and you'll find your existing one listed there. Click on "Edit" (again) at the right hand side, and you can change the co-ordinates.

-Wlw

Now I am puzzled! ;) I have looked at one of mine and I cannot see an Add/Edit on the main cache page. All I can see, on the top right hand side of the listing, is Edit Listing.

What am I missing?

-Wlw

Now I am puzzled! ;) I have looked at one of mine and I cannot see an Add/Edit on the main cache page. All I can see, on the top right hand side of the listing, is Edit Listing.

What am I missing?

I may not have been clear enough in my original post. The co-ords for the waypoint are correct. The bit I need to change is the written clue attached to the waypoint that will let people work out the final cache location.

Can anyone tell me how I change the written clues as opposed to the waypoint co-ords? Or should I just submit a brand new waypoint and ask for the old one to be deleted (which may cause the moderator some unnecessary work)?

I may not have been clear enough in my original post. The co-ords for the waypoint are correct. The bit I need to change is the written clue attached to the waypoint that will let people work out the final cache location.

Can anyone tell me how I change the written clues as opposed to the waypoint co-ords? Or should I just submit a brand new waypoint and ask for the old one to be deleted (which may cause the moderator some unnecessary work)?

OK. Go to the Edit Listing button on the top right of the page. This will open to an editable version of your cache page. Scroll down to the hints, and make your changes there. You can change anything you like on this page - main description, co-ords, title, etc.

I hope this helps.