California Micro Geocoin

Marky

We've been talking about doing a gc.com trackable California Micro, with its own icon, for a while now (ever since the Tennessee micro was announced). We finally decided to do it. The plan is to mint 1000 coins. We were considering selling them to Californians first, but couldn't really come up with a way to do that without it being a real pain. We haven't figured out where to do the sales yet. We're going to try and price these as low as possible. We're hoping to have them below $4 if ordered in bulk. We'll have more info when we submit the art to the minters and get a quote back. ;)

--Marky

What's the organization behind the coin?

There is no statewide organization here in Calif that I am aware of. The first two Calif coins were not done by a state geocaching organization. There are some regional groups including the Southern California Geocachers group (which is planning its own coin.)

What's the organization behind the coin?

There is no statewide organization here in Calif that I am aware of. The first two Calif coins were not done by a state geocaching organization. There are some regional groups including the Southern California Geocachers group (which is planning its own coin.)

I don't think so.

Marky is "up north"

And we already made the San Diego County Coin.

Is there another?

I know "someone" is working on a 2006 CA coin. Trackable on this site.

NOT ME!

Edited by nscaler

if u want to sell it toi californians, just sell it on geocoinstore and have one of those password sales, or a confirmation code you have to enter.

While that would work, it's still a lot of work to get the password to all the interested Californians. Plus, I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum, so I don't want to use any site that will add to the 'per coin' price. I'm not positive, but I'm fairly certain that using the geocoinstore would add to the price and I don't want to do that. I think it will be fine the way it is. If there is a lot of interest, I can always mint another 1000. This isn't intended to be a limited run or anything, just want a coin that fits in micros and is cheap and trackable. Get them micro coins moving! :mellow:

--Marky