Downloading

naviguesser74

When I do a zip code search I get numerous pages of locations. I'd like to download the first two pages, a total of 40 locations. I believe I can go only 20, or one page, at a time even though 40 are checked. Is that right? I then covert them to pdb and ov2 files for use on a Palm and I am only getting 20.

I see you are a premium member. Go to my account, on the right side is a link to build pocket query. You can get up to 500 downloaded to your e-mail. GASK is a good program to convert to palm format using cachemate or to html and use plucker to hot sync to your palm. Look in the FAQ and the software forum for lots of good help with paperless caching.

Good luck

That is correct; from the search results page you can only download 20 waypoints at a time, and only as .LOC files. But since you're a premium member, why not use pocket queries and download up to 500 at a time, or just the 40 that you want, but with all the additional data (cache description, recent logs, etc.) that's provided in a GPX file?

When I do a zip code search I get numerous pages of locations. I'd like to download the first two pages, a total of 40 locations. I believe I can go only 20, or one page, at a time even though 40 are checked. Is that right? I then covert them to pdb and ov2 files for use on a Palm and I am only getting 20.

From the search page you can only download 20 at a time.

However from http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ you can create the same search and return up to 500 caches.

Well, that's zip codes for you. Much easier with Canada Post codes or UK post codes! Each UK post code covers about 10 households or one business. Makes small scale epidemiological studies possible, which is particularly appropriate as the science was founded by John Snow, working on a cholera outbreak in Soho, central London in 19th century.

Edited by Copepod