Gpsmap 60c Ver. 4.00

vfrpilot

My Map60C is at Vers 4.05, and no problems with it, I believe it was an update to fix WAAS problems with the new WAAS satellites coming online, but I'm just guessing here.

I have both the 60Cx and older 60C.

As far as the X-models, mine is working OK, but I need to get my 60Cx updated to fix some problems.

-

Geoff

From Garmin download page.....

Changes made from version 4.00 to 4.05 Beta:

* Improved searching for intersections in European maps.

* Corrected the display of intersections and addresses when reviewing them as map features.

* Corrected the profile plot for tracks and routes that cross the Prime Meridian.

* Map datum is now only applied to the Location (selected) field and not to the Location (lat/lon) field.

* Corrected the handling of apostrophes and prefixes when displaying European city names and streets.

* Improved the display of labels over areas and features under the map panning pointer.

* Corrected the map drawing of outlines of certain road types.

Windows XP is like a Beta, lots of errors.

There is no reason why a non beta is less faulty compare to a beta version.

As long as there is more then 100 lines of code, there are at least one faulty.

No... A beta is an unapproved / yet to be Final "so - to - speak" version, which is why Garmin states on their site to:

use at your own risk

Yes, Beta versions can sometimes be as stable & reliable as a 1.0 version (hey thats how it begins), but the likelyhood of problems ARE HIGHER - period.

I simply prefer not to be the guinea pig....

I upgraded my 76Cx to the latest version of the firmware and everything seems ok. But I don't mind taking a chance because I have my 76C as a backup. If people did not update and "test" the beta version it would probably take a lot longer to get a final update from Gramin without feedback from the users. That being said, I would not be so willing to do so if I did not have my backup 76C.

I upgraded my 76Cx to the latest version of the firmware and everything seems ok. But I don't mind taking a chance because I have my 76C as a backup. If people did not update and "test" the beta version it would probably take a lot longer to get a final update from Gramin without feedback from the users. That being said, I would not be so willing to do so if I did not have my backup 76C.

I agree..

If people did not update and "test" the beta version..

I know - thats where I get the guinea pig anology -

I've beta-ed stuff and still take part in the the mozilla / Firefox project daily.

I would not be so willing to do so...

Thats my point - I'm Not [willing]

I depend on my unit six out of seven days