Benchmark Club

GEO*Trailblazer 1

1. How often should we make a benchmark coin and pin to go with it?

This has to do with what we can all afford.

A. Every month.

B. 2 months.

C. 3 months.

D. 4 months.

2. How many should we make?

We have to do a minimum to get the icon.

A. 500

B. 750

C. 1000

D. 1000+

3. Should it be offered to geocaching benchmark members only first?

A.Yes

B.No

These are a few questions just to start.

I am sure there are many I missed.

If you have a question post it here.

1 more thing............

I have written Stephen,Lewis and Clark project manager at the NGS asking for permission to use the Lewis and Clark sig disc likeness for one of these.

I am waiting for reply.

Since a lot of us have been to these I thought it would be a great piece to share.

After all it is the "PEACE MEDAL"

And your next logs could be trackable.

Especially the Events.

Thanks for your interest.

GEO*TRAILBLAZER 1

1. I agree with Glenn on quarterly.

2. More is better in some ways, because it means less $ per coin and they are not as collectible. They might actually make it out to caches! However, you don't want to get stuck with a huge surplus, so the pre-order is probably a good idea to see what the demand is. If you can get the price down to $4 or less, then we really could afford enough coins to get them circulating.

3. Sure.

Question - How does one "join" the benchmark club? Do you have to log at least one benchmark find (maybe even an FTF), and then you automatically become a member? Or do people who are interested simply "sign up" in some way? Just wondering how this would work.

When do I get my offical club membership card? ;)

2. More is better in some ways, because it means less $ per coin and they are not as collectible. They might actually make it out to caches! However, you don't want to get stuck with a huge surplus, so the pre-order is probably a good idea to see what the demand is. If you can get the price down to $4 or less, then we really could afford enough coins to get them circulating.

3. Sure.

Question - How does one "join" the benchmark club? Do you have to log at least one benchmark find (maybe even an FTF), and then you automatically become a member? Or do people who are interested simply "sign up" in some way? Just wondering how this would work.

When do I get my offical club membership card? :mellow:

I would imagine that the requirements for "membership" would be basically expressing an interest and paying some amount of money to defray the cost of striking the coins.

Yes.

Yes.

And the Official Club card...well I did not think of that one yet.

I told you there was things I did not think about.

Maybe it could be an

OFFICIAL BENCHMARK CLUB GEOCOIN.

Hmmmmmmmm

3. Sure.

When do I get my offical club membership card? :mellow:

I would imagine that the requirements for "membership" would be basically expressing an interest and paying some amount of money to defray the cost of striking the coins.

Quarterly at most (coin production's a lot of work!)

Produce a thousand or more - sample via preorder system.

It would be nice to see the announcement for the coin made to benchmark-oriented folks first...

Several coin sites out there appear to smooth out some of the 'bumps' in coin production for the developer.

Well, what's the series going to feature? Historic points, obviously... what else? This is too exciting!

could some one help the slow girl with the specifics of membership "in the club".

(keep in mind, I am relatively uncoordinated, so the whole "secret handshake" may take me a while to master!) :D

In order to be a full fledged member with top standings you need to have found at least 1 benchmark set prior to 1885!

Fortunately we know where there are 2 if you wish to join!

Since we know the founder so well, we would be willing to put in a good word for you.

:D:D:D:):D

The are no membership requirements at this time. I just couldn't help myself with the above answers. B)

John

Quarterly seems the most prevalent.

750-1000 pre-order.

Benchmark club first.

We have a great coinmaker we are working with,through.

I think that we will do the Historic,Lewis and Clark,Major and Key point benchmarks.

It may open up for those who want to submit ideas.

Just showing interest in the BM Club.

I will make a list as we go on.

4leafclover you are in if you want.

That is about all there is to the secret handshake.

When I meet ya I will show ya.

Quarterly at most (coin production's a lot of work!)

Produce a thousand or more - sample via preorder system.

It would be nice to see the announcement for the coin made to benchmark-oriented folks first...

Several coin sites out there appear to smooth out some of the 'bumps' in coin production for the developer.

Well, what's the series going to feature? Historic points, obviously... what else? This is too exciting!

could some one help the slow girl with the specifics of membership "in the club".

(keep in mind, I am relatively uncoordinated, so the whole "secret handshake" may take me a while to master!) :)

HuH?

Who are you?

I will be right over to verify those re-marks!!

OH yeah you 2.

The 2 Oldfarts.

Howdy.

And I almost forgot.

HAPPY...............................GEOCACHING/BENCHMARKING........ VALENTINES TO ALL.

(keep in mind, I am relatively uncoordinated, so the whole "secret handshake" may take me a while to master!) :D

In order to be a full fledged member with top standings you need to have found at least 1 benchmark set prior to 1885!

Fortunately we know where there are 2 if you wish to join!

Since we know the founder so well, we would be willing to put in a good word for you.

:D:D:D:):D

The are no membership requirements at this time. I just couldn't help myself with the above answers. B)

John

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

I like this idea! In response to your questions,

1. I agree with the previous posters - quarterly. To frequent and it'll lose its appeal. Besides, I gotta save up my money.

2. I would go with pre-orders and see what we get. Some styles maybe more popular than others and who knows, the novelty may wear off - don't want to be stuck with too much surplus.

3. Yes, members should have a first chance at ordering. I would leave it open for a certain time period, them open it up to general membership - if at all...........

Where's the membership form??? I wanna join this great club too!

Katrina

AstroD-Team

I would be interested (me and my 1 benchmark :) ). I would say no more than quarterly. Members should get first crack at them. I also think maybe we could make special ones for milestones.

ex. 1 benchmark, 100th, 500th, 1000th, 10000th ..... and maybe era coins when you find one in that era (1800-1849, 1850-1899, 1900-1949, 1950-1999, 2000-2049). Maybe special award (an actual disc or replica) for (enter criteria here)

It should be preorder so you know roughly the quantity to get.

Great ideas.

We have been talking in depth about how often we should do this.

We feel we could get one done every 2 months.

6 instead of 4 a year.

And still keep it within an affordable range for all of us.

As soon as we get all the details ironed out I will let you all know and we will start the sign up for the benchmark club.

I think we should give all a fair chance to be a member(geocachers/benchmarkers).

There are others (geocacher's) interested in this and have not found a benchmark yet but have aquired a new reason to start looking and want to join as well.

Those who join in a specified time will be on the list of first chance at it.

No promise but I think the Benchmark club could get a break in price.

This we are still working on as well.

Just wanted to keep you updated until we go live and active.

We are also talking on just doing a set # of geocoins and pins and hope we can sell them all.

We will have to do the minimum to get the icon.

Stay tuned.

I know I missed some things and some will pop up so ........................................

Have a good day.

I would be interested (me and my 1 benchmark :) ). I would say no more than quarterly. Members should get first crack at them. I also think maybe we could make special ones for milestones.

ex. 1 benchmark, 100th, 500th, 1000th, 10000th ..... and maybe era coins when you find one in that era (1800-1849, 1850-1899, 1900-1949, 1950-1999, 2000-2049). Maybe special award (an actual disc or replica) for (enter criteria here)

It should be preorder so you know roughly the quantity to get.

Just signed up as amazedbwandering and pending. I like that name, also tried amazedbwanderingthefaceoftheplanet.

Every 2 months for coin production...works for me.

Have A Great Day, I did even though shovelling snow was included in my daily exercise program.

Had to edit, my numb fingers are defrosted now.

Edited by 2B Amazed

Just put in my "application" for membership :smile: My Yahoo! name is quite old and won't jibe with my geocaching one, but such is life.

Looking forward to seeing what a BM Geocoin might look like. I'm definitely interested. For what it is worth, don't go too overboard on them at first. Our local geocaching group (Conejo Cachers) has done two runs of geocoins, and while they came out very nicely, they were also a lot of hassle for the guy who was the front man for them. Of course, ours were deeper in relief than the standard geocoin, and each member had their name stamped on them, so they were more expensive. But that wasn't the real hassle. It was just getting everything together. Better to underorder the first lot and have folks get only a few each, than to buy too many and have lots of extras for which you can't get your money back! I completely agree with the pre-ordering idea. Also, I think you will know how often to order a new series of coins by how quickly you sell out of the previous one.

chaosmanor (Jim)

:smile: Just joined the benchmark club (guess I am waiting for approval). My Yahoo name is ButanoCreek. Think the coins will be neat to have. But personally, I think all this coin collecting has turned into something besides geocaching (unless you find it in a cache, that that is really cool :smile: ) I can see for myself picking up selected coins. Quarterly sounds like a good rate to offer them.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into. But, I'll give it a try. My interest in the BM geocoins/pins might be 4x year.

So how do I get the secret handshake (just one more that I would have to know!)?

Or maybe a secret 'wink'?

N/S

Edited by NorStar

I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting myself into. But, I'll give it a try. My interest in the BM geocoins/pins might be 4x year.

So how do I get the secret handshake (just one more that I would have to know!)?

Or maybe a secret 'wink'?

N/S

Added my name to the list. Thanks.