Northbay Wildflower Cache

Poidawg

This is posted in the regular forums, but I thought I would post it here as well.

I live in the North Bay of California and I am totally into wildflowers. I go out every year and photograph them and try to identify them. I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a seasonal wildflower cache. It would have to be seasonal and I could place it in the middle of a wildflower field which I know would be blooming. I could put a wildflower ID book into the cache and an afternoon among the wildflowers could be had by all. There would not have to be any trading. Just bring a drink and a sandwich or some other delictable munchie, bring the dog and the kids and have a blooming good time, what do you think? Do you think it should have trades as well? I can get used ID books for very little - so that would not be a problem if it was covetted and taken home by someone.

I think it is a great idea. Maybe encourage folks to post photos of their day in the wildflower. I have been eagerly waiting the bloom. I figure we are about 4 weeks from some serious blooming, depending on how much rain we get in the next few weeks. In the East Bay going south on the Mines Rd out of Livermore there are some great spots to stop and enjoy the flowers.

Last year I was lucky to hit the peak of the blooms down by Mission San Antonio. The colors were like eye candy. Also some interesting caches too! A good combo. Check out these photos from then.

P4090137.jpg

P4090135.jpg