Gc Email Partly Broken?

NotThePainter

Yes, insta-notify broken for me too. Three new caches nearby last night and I was never notified. It used to work, on Feb 3.

On another note, when you look at the notifications page, under log types, why does it say "Archive (show)" as one of the choices? How is "show" a synonym for "archive"? They're opposites, if anything.

On another note, when you look at the notifications page, under log types, why does it say "Archive (show)" as one of the choices? How is "show" a synonym for "archive"? They're opposites, if anything.

Because there used to be a separate log type, "Archive (no show)," which is no longer available. That option totally removed the cache from view. The equivalent today is the "Retract" log to unpublish a cache.

I was indeed a little upset today to find out that one cannot completely rely on instant notification to learn of new caches in the area. I just received this morning a notification of the publishing of a cache 4 miles from my location, yet the log shows it was actually published on the 10th. Completely missed a great FTF becasue of that. Guess this just teaches the lesson that searching the site is really the way to go, and forget about the instant notifications, cause they just don't work. Seems like an awful waste of effort to provide a feature that doesn't do what it's supposed to do, huh?

Yeah, I just got all excited because I have the day off and new cache notifications came in. Oh, boy! Chance for FTF! NOT!!! Both caches have been up for two days and been found by several folks already. Sure would have been nice if I had KNOWN about them. :mellow:

I turned it back on. It broke sometime late last week. Fortunately everything was queued up so you should be getting all the old ones today.

LOL thanks for the warning Jeremy. I was getting worried thinking I messed something up in my notifications I setup multiple notifications all different from each other so now I am getting tons of emails I better fix that quick. :mellow:

:ph34r: