Immediate Help Needed!

Blucruz

As weird as this may sound, I think you're not holding the power button long enough.

When I had my Meridian, I had to make sure I was holding the button down until I saw the startup screen... usually more than one second, maybe two.

Failing that, remove the batteries, make sure they are inserted in the proper direction and try again. Try a different set of fresh batteries. Perhaps one of yours is bad.

Jamie

As weird as this may sound, I think you're not holding the power button long enough.

When I had my Meridian, I had to make sure I was holding the button down until I saw the startup screen... usually more than one second, maybe two.

Failing that, remove the batteries, make sure they are inserted in the proper direction and try again. Try a different set of fresh batteries. Perhaps one of yours is bad.

Jamie

Boy I feel stupid now. It's never done that before? I usually just press and release and it turns on. Now I have to hold for a good 3 count before it comes on? Well it's working, that's the important thing. Thanks

Boy I feel stupid now. It's never done that before? I usually just press and release and it turns on. Now I have to hold for a good 3 count before it comes on? Well it's working, that's the important thing. Thanks

Don't feel stupid!! :D

This is a setting in the Power button menu!

[Menu] -> SetUp -> "scroll up" to "Power Key".

You have somehow managed to set the Power Key to "On/Off protected" :o

This is for accidental power on while in a shirt pocket, bag, etc.....

If you prefer the old setting (the quick press - On), then set the Power Key to "No protection"

should be easy as that! (I hope??) :(