Cachemate For Pocket Pc

Maeglin

Thanks for responding,

If I am looking at a record in Cachemate that is from a pocket query I don't see the entire page, I see the name, geocache, view online, edit record, edit log and the coords, nothing else.

I like how they appear once I move the record to a database that I have named and like being able to to configure the columns to what I want to see. It appears to me that I have to move them one at a time and not in groups to those databases. I was hoping for another way that would be faster. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to think that I am slamming this program. I am just trying to wrap my brain around this and really want it to work :wub:

Even reading the help section I can't figure out how to move gpx files around other than one by one...

There are no GPX files to move after they're imported. If you're talking about records, there's a Move Records option in the List menu, and a Move button in the Bookmarks dialog.

...and when I open a pocket query it does not show the full entry for the cache.

What exactly do you mean by that? None of the description text is truncated by CacheMate, and it shows the full text of the hints and the last 8 logs.

If I am looking at a record in Cachemate that is from a pocket query I don't see the entire page, I see the name, geocache, view online, edit record, edit log and the coords, nothing else.

That's not a GPX pocket query, then... that's LOC. Either that, or you're doing something with it first in a program like EasyGPS that strips everything out.

It appears to me that I have to move them one at a time and not in groups to those databases. I was hoping for another way that would be faster.

You shouldn't have to hope now... I just mentioned 2 different methods of moving groups of records, and you just quoted them :wub:

Wow,,,excellent!!! Works great, little time to figure it all out, but seems to do the trick! Nice to be able to throw away all the translation apps, bables, and dabbles. Throw the gpx file on the PPC import, find a close cache and use CacheNav to take you right there.

Many thanks.

AZMark

Any chance of making that plugin available to Palm OS users?

I'd be happy to, if someone can help me track down the POI database format for the Palm OS version. The Pocket PC version is documented, even if those docs are kind of spotty, but I can't find anything on that for Palm OS so far.

Between the TomTom plugin and the inclusion of photos on the PPC version, I'm getting kind of jealous <_< !

Yeah, well... the photos are only really doable because I'm not the one doing the drawing or storing. That's the Pocket IE engine at work.

I also installed Cachemate on my PPC. It worked fine.

But I miss the ability to enter a letter like "s" and Cachmate jumps to the first cache with this letter like on the palm-version. Is this on the list?

This should also work for both colums: waypoints and cachename.

But I miss the ability to enter a letter like "s" and Cachmate jumps to the first cache with this letter like on the palm-version. Is this on the list?

I'll add that to the list for 1.1. If I can get it to work properly, what I'll probably end up doing is making it do the keyboard searching based on whatever column the list is sorted by.

I'll add that to the list for 1.1. If I can get it to work properly, what I'll probably end up doing is making it do the keyboard searching based on whatever column the list is sorted by.

That would be OK. Thank you

I just got the latest version and I am running it on an Axim 51v but when i open the text for a cache it is fuzzy looking as if it taking low rez text and scaling it up or not using cleartext . The text in the cache list is fine. Also any chance of exporting to push pins for pocket streets?

I just got the latest version and I am running it on an Axim 51v but when i open the text for a cache it is fuzzy looking as if it taking low rez text and scaling it up or not using cleartext.

That's due to the lack of proper hi-res display support, which is on the list for the next feature release.

Also any chance of exporting to push pins for pocket streets?

That's also on the list... of plugins to be written.

Edited by Maeglin

It's starting to look like I'm in the home stretch for getting a beta release of 1.1 together. The biggest (read: most demanded) things so far that are already done are:

- VGA display support on 2003 SE and later

- Specifying waypoint via command line or special URL

The biggest (read: most effort) things that are left to do are:

- Travel bug management (nearly done with the design of this one)

- Hooking into Pocket PC's Find application

I can't promise an ETA at the moment, partially due to the fact that my day job is going through a merger at the moment and that means that soon I'll be going through a relocation to GA, but it's getting there ;)

I can't promise an ETA at the moment, partially due to the fact that my day job is going through a merger at the moment and that means that soon I'll be going through a relocation to GA, but it's getting there :)

Welcome to the Peach state. What part will you be relocating to?

Version 1.1 beta coming soon

I'm about 25% done with the last planned change (the biggest one... TB management) going into version 1.1, so hopefully I'll have something ready for beta testing around Sunday or Monday evening. If you're interested in trying it out, send an email to support at smittyware.com (as opposed to replying to a forum post here or somewhere else) and I'll get back to you when I've got something ready.

CacheNav 1.0.1 will also be done at that time, but the only change there is proper support for VGA screens. If you'd like to try that out as well, indicate that in the email.

Sorry, but no free registrations this time around B)

Edited by Maeglin
Will I be able to transfer waypoints from PPC to GPS via bluetooth?

Not just yet... that would be implemented as an add-on, anyway, just like with the Palm OS version. The 1.1 release only covers changes to the main application and the plugins that are bundled with it. The reason for the CacheNav update is so that it'll still function properly with CacheMate, as that is getting the VGA support treatment as well.

Here's a list of the bigger things going into CacheMate 1.1:

- Travel bug management

- VGA display support

- Expanded list filtering

- Ability to specify waypoint via command line or special URL

- Keyboard searching of list view

- Full-text searching via the Pocket PC Find application

There's a number of data transfer and export features on my to-do list, but none of those should involve any changes to the main application and will be done separately as add-ons.

Edited by Maeglin

The beta release is now complete, but I'm waiting until tomorrow afternoon to see if any more people want to test it. Beta testing begins in 24 hours, give or take, so be sure to get your name in before then if you're interested.