Geocoin Reference

Jake - Team A.I.

I've noticed a few threads lately asking for information concerning things like number of coins made and the size of coins. I was planning on making a page that has links to all of this kind of information. Well, I finally got off my duff and put the page together.

It can be found:

Geocoin Reference Page.

I started the idea of this page to help people I have met at event caches who have asked me how I've put my collection together.

With the search function disabled from these forums, a lot of the links are lost in threads now buried.

I'm glad you all like it.

kcart - I really liked the way you put your listing together so I thought I'd add it to the list, I'm glad you appreciate it.

I'm already receiving messages with some links I seemed to have missed. You may notice one company missing from the list of places to have coins minted. I won't refer to it by name, and I won't be adding it to my list either. There are other threads discussing it's problems, and it seems like this company's name is the the one most often to come up when problems arise.

Please feel free to link to my page... and please, if you notice any pages that are missing, foward the link so that I can add it to the list.

Please feel free to link to my page... and please, if you notice any pages that are missing, foward the link so that I can add it to the list.

Awesome Job Jake!! We'll be linking it from The Caching Place if that's alright...

Very good information, thanks for the time spent in putting this together!!

Now tell me....when are you going to make that AZ coin :o

Awesome Job Jake!! We'll be linking it from The Caching Place if that's alright...

Very good information, thanks for the time spent in putting this together!!

Now tell me....when are you going to make that AZ coin :o

I've got a tax return coming soon.... and hopefully an new "full time" job.

btw, I think you may want o check the link second to the bottom of the sales group on the page. If that isn't the site you are refering to, please forward it to me.

Due to the forums rules, I have been suggesting that you post requests for links to be added to be forwarded my email address. there is a link at the bottom of the reference page where you can do this.

I know this thread will eventually get buried in this forum soon enough. I'd like to see it live long enough so the page will become famous on it's merits. Posting links here in this thread will only bring the moderators down to lock the thread and cause it to die young.

Don't worry about your very handy reference thread disappearing off the page. I've added it to the Newcomers Guide pinned thread. Nice work. It should be very helpful. If anyone wishes to provide links for Team AI's geocoin reference page, you may do so through private email or the private message button provided for your convenience. :o

Well, my page has been up for a month now, and i've received over 1500 hits.

If there is something you think I'm missing on the page, please let me know. I want this to be a one stop reference for all things geocoin.

I think the page has doubled in size since I first posted it. This is all thanks to the many people that have sent me links or have asked for grouping of certain types of pages.

Bump???

Well sort of.

I've given the page a new look and an index near the top.

The first link is still being worked on, but everything else is still there... along with some new links I've recently added.

I moved the list of places to buy coins near the very top of the list since I think that's what most people are looking for on the page anyway.

And again, if anyone see something missing, let me know and I'll add it as soon as possible.

Great work, the green is mighty bright on the eyes though :ph34r:

Thanks for doing this.

Sorry about that. My color blindness allows me to ignore how bright the green actually is. I'm blind to certain shades of red and green, but I can drive just fine.

I'm making adjustments now.

Ahhh...that is so much better! Thanks!