Rechargable Batteries And Camera Memory Cards

Bronson

I recently bought a new camera ( Canon S2-IS ) and purchased a battery charger ( Powerhaus Rapid AC/DC Charger with four AA 2500mAh NiMH Batteries ) and wondered if they would work in my Meridian Gold? would they be fine if I was using the Power Cable w/ Cig. Ltr. Adapter? Also can I use the same memory card (Dane 512MB SECURE DIGITAL {SD} MEMORY CARD )that I use for the camera in my GPSr?

The NiMH's will work fine your Gold with or without the external power hooked up.

The card will very likely work fine in both the camera and the GPS. *If* it doesn't seem to work right in the GPS, try formatting it in the GPS. The Meridian had trouble with SD cards if they were formatted in the wrong FAT version (I forget if they got that worked out ok by the latest firmware or not).

The batteries will work just fine. Also, the SD card will work as well, but I think you're going to find it to be a hassle constantly reformatting the card for the GPS or the camera and re-loading the software and maps. SD cards are really cheap now....why not consider buying one.

BTW...we never go out geocaching without taking our camera. There's always great opportunities for pictures. If you're using the batteries and the SD card in the GPS, you're not going to be able to use your camera.