Banned Caches You'd Love To Post

BillsBayou

Well I am going to place this cache very soon.

It will be a lager container that is well camoed with about a hundred 35mm canisters in it. Each will have a note telling you to keep digging. Then in the very bottom will be a nano stuck to the bottom with the "real" coords in it. You then will have to follow those coords to the "true" location of the cache which will be a fake pine cone or acorn. LOL

:huh: If you were of a twisted mischievious mind and could post a cache of ANY type, what would you do?

How about placing the cache in the radioactive wasteland of a decommissioned nuclear reactor?

Oh wait, already done and approved. :(

holy...

WOW.

Wish I lived on the East Coast, I'd love to go after that one.

A note from the owner of the cache in question: Due to a large number of requests from folks dying to see the cache listing page, we have (at least temporarily) removed the Premium Members-Only status for this cache, to allow regular (non-Premium) members to view the cache listing. Please note, however, that the prerequisite requirements for getting to stage 2 and the final stage of this cache remain in effect. Enjoy!

Thanks Vinny & Sue for opening up the page for all to see. It is very interesting. I'm curious about the woman, is she a ghost or real?

I am frankly not sure what it/she is. You may wish to go after this cache yourselves, and make your own decisions about the matter if you should encounter her! I will try to remember to let you know if we learn any more about this matter!

"Escape from New York" - A nice little micro cache at a federal correctional facility hidden in the razor wire surrouning no-mans-land. 5* difficulty because you have to climb the fence to get it. I would suggest that the seekers wear the blaze orange safety suit so their clothes don't get torn on the razor wire.

"Dodge-EM" - A micro hidden on the concrete highway divider on a major freeway.

"No! I said turn left" - A full sized cache hidden on a highway road sign, the ones that span the freeway.

"I have to put my hand where?" - A traveling cache hidden in my back pocket. 5X5 cache - you have to find me THEN remove the cache. (could be a 1x1 if I like you).

Edited by bogleman

A nice little micro cache at a federal correctional facility hidden in the razor wire surrouning no-mans-land. 5* difficulty because you have to climb the fence to get it. I would suggest that the seekers wear the blaze orange safety suit so their clothes don't get torn on the razor wire.

Be certain to use the "recommended at night" cache attribute. The convenient searchlights allow for a pleasant late-night find, without the need for any special equipment. More owners should get in the habit of providing helpful attributes to enhance the geocaching experience.

A nice little micro cache at a federal correctional facility hidden in the razor wire surrouning no-mans-land. 5* difficulty because you have to climb the fence to get it. I would suggest that the seekers wear the blaze orange safety suit so their clothes don't get torn on the razor wire.

Be certain to use the "recommended at night" cache attribute. The convenient searchlights allow for a pleasant late-night find, without the need for any special equipment. More owners should get in the habit of providing helpful attributes to enhance the geocaching experience.

smacking myself in the forehead - that is sooooo good

ps I edited my previous post

Perhaps, someone knows someone that knows someone that could put one on the next space shuttle?

Just think how well you would be able to lock the GPSr on those coordinates!

Easy, just get the really tiny ones. Made from paper clips and balsa wood.

:laughing:

Hrmph, clicked the wrong "Reply" button. This should have been in response to the "How would you get mousetraps in a film canister" question.

Meh.

Edited by Cyclometh

Space Shuttle Cache Idea (Since I live near the facility that makes those wonderful foam covered external fuel tanks... ...yeah, those foam covered fuel tanks)

I'll take all the responsibility of setting up the cache. It'll be hidden in the insullation foam on one of the tanks for the next shuttle launch. It'll fall off. Trust me, it'll fall off. :laughing: Now, go find it.

Edited by BillsBayou

:laughing: If you were of a twisted mischievious mind and could post a cache of ANY type, what would you do?

How about placing the cache in the radioactive wasteland of a decommissioned nuclear reactor?

Oh wait, already done and approved. :D

holy...

WOW.

Wish I lived on the East Coast, I'd love to go after that one.

A note from the owner of the cache in question: Due to a large number of requests from folks dying to see the cache listing page, we have (at least temporarily) removed the Premium Members-Only status for this cache, to allow regular (non-Premium) members to view the cache listing. Please note, however, that the prerequisite requirements for getting to stage 2 and the final stage of this cache remain in effect. Enjoy!

THANKS VINNY!!!!!

Space Shuttle Cache Idea (Since I live near the facility that makes those wonderful foam covered booster rockets... ...yeah, those foam covered booster rockets)

I'll take all the responsibility of setting up the cache. It'll be hidden in the insullation foam on one of the booster rockets for the next shuttle launch. It'll fall off. Trust me, it'll fall off. :laughing: Now, go find it.

Foam covered booster rockets? No such thing. There are foam covered tanks and metal booster rockets. Sorry, I work on the shuttle, just had to interject that. I know its supposed to be funny, but you're joking about something that killed 7 people.

Sorry if I'm taking that too seriously, but I work with Astronauts.

I really want to dangle an ammo can out of my second story window. I'd watch most people try to retrieve it "pshycho urban micro style" with ladders etc...while all they had to do was knock on my door and I'd let them go upstairs and open the window to get it. I have kids in the house and am a firm believer in home-base annonimity so I can't take the risk, but how funny would that be?

:laughing: If you were of a twisted mischievious mind and could post a cache of ANY type, what would you do?

Oh wait, already done and approved. :laughing:

Been there! DONE THAT! only got a SECOND to find!!!!! :laughing:

LPYankeefan, I have a question for you: We are starting to receive a few sporadic reports from finders of rashes and increased hair loss in the few days after their visit to the stage three site. Have you noticed any of these symptoms yourself?

BTW, while on this topic, I wrote -- earlier this morning -- the following response on the Maryland Geocaching Society forum to Snurt, of BJ&Snurt101, in response to his report of hair loss:

[start of post to Snurt on MGS forum]

Snurt, I noticed an increase in hair loss as well for a few days after each excursion to the reactor site, but it was transient and brief; all I did in response was to increase my intake of (nutritional) antioxidants, since 99% of the damage caused by ionizing radiation is due to production of oxidative radicals and free radicals.

And, in reality, the amount of radiation to which one would be exposed in that reactor building (even without a full-body protective suit to shield against radioactive dust) during a 15 minute period would be about 140 millirem (mrem), equal to about 1.4 mSv. To help put this in perspective, there are long-term local residents of Chernobyl, Russia, and surrounding areas who returned to their homes after the nuclear accident and who have, since at least 1995, been living there again full time. Many of these residents, as documented with photos in Mary Mycio's incredible book Wormwood Forest http://chernobyl.in.ua/en/home, live 24 hours per day in an an area which is highly radioactive due to presence of long half-life radioisotopes in the soil, rain, water, dust and air. Many of these healthy and robust residents, whom Mycio has nicknamed Homo chernobylus are exposed to the same amount of radiation (140 mrem) cited above (for a 15-minute visit to the reactor building) every 5 to 10 hours, every single day, for 365 days per year, with no apparent harm. Here are fotos of a few of these long-term residents; the links point directly to photos on Mycio's website:

res_people%20well.jpg

res_people%20pig.jpg

The entire photo gallery on Mycio's website showing images of people who continue to live in the contaminated zone may be found at http://chernobyl.in.ua/en/homo_chernobylus

In her book, Mycio reveals that when she first visited the areas of Chernobyl which exhibited the very highest levels of radiation, she expected to find a nuclear wasteland, devoid of life. Instead, she found flourishing and beautiful forests, meadows and swamps, teeming with wildlife and with stray livestock which had been freed after the initial disaster; a photo of the area is reproduced below:

res_zone%20scene%20pretty%20PTLRW.jpg

[End of reply ot Snurt on MGS forum]

I hope this helps to put any fears about the stage 3 location to rest!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

6080f2f8-9548-4171-96f9-c8e3608e5459.jpg

"Gimme your cache" - waypoint GC6GUN. I hid the cache outside the local bank ATM. There are 6 very small micros that you have to choose from, only one contains the log sheet. I almost forgot you can get a webcam cache here as well. Well my VCR denied listing the cache because there were too many micros in one location I guess the 528 rule came in to play here.

How about one off of a busy highway rest stop. I’m thinking a leaky, unwashed Chinese take-out container hidden in a roadside ditch that is strewn with litter, broken glass and puddles of transmission fluid. Swag would include a half-eaten cheeseburger, medical waste, and a loaded handgun...

<_<

Oh, and then rate it 'Kid Friendly'.

<_<

Edited by Lostboy1966

How about one off of a busy highway rest stop. I’m thinking a leaky, unwashed Chinese take-out container hidden in a roadside ditch that is strewn with litter, broken glass and puddles of transmission fluid. Swag would include a half-eaten cheeseburger, medical waste, and a loaded handgun...

<_<

<_<

Ahhh, finally a cache worth FTFing in the middle of the night! I'll buy ya a round at the next W&B if you give me a little heads up when you hide it! :P

:P

<_<

Ahhh, finally a cache worth FTFing in the middle of the night! I'll buy ya a round at the next W&B if you give me a little heads up when you hide it! :)

Oh, did I mention that the barrel is cleverly welded shut? <_<

Greg

How taking one of those shocking beer cans, paining it black and marking it geocache, then hide it on a big transformer box, the more it hums the better :laughing:

A micro glued to a big foam ball, sitting on the the median divider for an interstate bridge (with no sidewalk). Call it 'jousting for cache', Putting it back would be half the fun.

Area 51 cache - it's required to be a quick park and grab - you park at the fence, run as fast as you can to get the cache in the middle of Area 51, and get back to your car before the nice Camo Dudes see you.

I like this idea. It's very likely you'll be abducted by the "Visitors", stash the ammo can on their spaceship and your reviewer won't approve the cache because you didn't get the owner's permission.

I would like to be able to place an adult cache as long as it's labeled that way. It would be nice to enjoy cache contents long after the hider's cleverly themed items are gone. Although our family friendly concept provides great quality time for parents and their kids, not every cacher fits in the family caching category. The content of good caches always seems to get replaced by little used toys of lesser value. It's very obvious that kids are not about to drive to caches without adult supervision. They are also not likely to search for a cache that takes miles of difficult terain to reach it. So what's wrong with a pocket knife or other items that a hiker would really find useful? (See, I didn't even mention a cache with a bachelor party theme). :)

Batter Up! - A baseball grenade that has been emptied out and made into a micro. Could be placed right out side a bank, school, or better yet a DMV or IRS branch!

Everytime I'm in the Army Surplus store I see those and think to myself "No. No. No. No. No."

May as well make a bundle of flares and tape them to the top of an ammo box and place them on the supports of some river spanning train bridge. Be sure to write upon the box "This is a Geocache. Contact Jeremy at geocaching.com for more information." Trust me, the authorities won't bother it. Its all innocent fun. :smile:

la37.gif

We'll make it a 5/5 hydro cache. Just before I do my Prison Cache I mentioned earlier.

Here's an original idea (not mine):

Cars make great caches, they are waterproof and can hold a lot

of stuff. They can be enjoyable as well as troublesome.

Lets say you have coordinates to a cache at the airport you are

flying into, you find the cache and WOW there are car keys in

the cache!! Attached to the keys are the coordinates where the

car is parked. You find the car in good condition and check the

stash in the trunk. Should you go for a drive?

Here is where things get a little difficult. For the car to be a

good usable cache car there should be an up to date insurance

card in the glove box. It would also be good to have the signed

title to the car so you could prove it wasn't stolen and also be

able to sell it if you need the money. If you are at all

suspicious about the car, please call the police and have them

check and make sure its not stolen. If all is well, use the car,

park it in a safe location, record its position on the keys and

stash the keys in the same or a different cache.

Stationary or Junk car caches can really be a problem. Even

though a car can hold quite a stash of stuff and be easy to find

with a gps maybe you should hold off before creating one. Dead

car caches are best done on private land where the area can be

controlled. If you don't mind having cache hunters on your

property, go ahead, park your old van next to the barn and

identify it as a cache on the internet. :smile::)

identify it as a cache on the internet. :smile::)

Hasn't that been done before? Isn't there at least one junk car cache out there somewhere?

identify it as a cache on the internet. :smile::D

Hasn't that been done before? Isn't there at least one junk car cache out there somewhere?

Not sure, but I know for a fact that someone thought of it. :):D

identify it as a cache on the internet. :anibad:B)

There are at least 3 in Central Illinois.

identify it as a cache on the internet. B):rolleyes:

There are at least 3 in Central Illinois.

What about this part? :anibad::anibad:

Lets say you have coordinates to a cache at the airport you are

flying into, you find the cache and WOW there are car keys in

the cache!! Attached to the keys are the coordinates where the

car is parked. You find the car in good condition and check the

stash in the trunk. Should you go for a drive?

Here is where things get a little difficult. For the car to be a

good usable cache car there should be an up to date insurance

card in the glove box. It would also be good to have the signed

title to the car so you could prove it wasn't stolen and also be

able to sell it if you need the money. If you are at all

suspicious about the car, please call the police and have them

check and make sure its not stolen. If all is well, use the car,

park it in a safe location, record its position on the keys and

stash the keys in the same or a different cache.

Batter Up! - A baseball grenade that has been emptied out and made into a micro. Could be placed right out side a bank, school, or better yet a DMV or IRS branch!

Everytime I'm in the Army Surplus store I see those and think to myself "No. No. No. No. No."

May as well make a bundle of flares and tape them to the top of an ammo box and place them on the supports of some river spanning train bridge. Be sure to write upon the box "This is a Geocache. Contact Jeremy at geocaching.com for more information." Trust me, the authorities won't bother it. Its all innocent fun. :P

la37.gif

We'll make it a 5/5 hydro cache. Just before I do my Prison Cache I mentioned earlier.

Don't forget the grey play-dogh and broken digital watch face (u know the type that blink 12:00) Hahaha!!