Banned Caches You'd Love To Post

BillsBayou

:laughing: If you were of a twisted mischievious mind and could post a cache of ANY type, what would you do?

Examples:

- A night cache with a 35mm canister hanging in the middle of a wind chime outside of your ex-wife's bedroom window.

- A buried cache with the coordinates in the middle of the mayor's front yard.

- A line of country road mailboxes and an ammo can full of random number stickers.

- An ammo can of TravelBug tags in front of your neighbors house. The one who has all those gaudy little cement creature statues. Kind of a Make-Your-Own-TB cache.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating the creation of such caches for all of the obvious reasons that such caches are banned. Let's just have some fun.

...keep your humor about it... :)

[Note to board moderator: I'm just exploring the realm of banned shenanigan caches. I just read the board guidelines and while not explicitly violating anything on that page, I'm sure I'm off into the gray area. So lock this down or delete this thread if you like.]

I think this might be pushing the limit as to what Moose Mob will allow but here goes ...

To make all those FTF cachers work really hard for the prize... take a small bison tube micro cache, wrap it in bacon and feed it to meanest dog in the neighborhood. Post the micro with coordinates that match the dogs back yard. The cachers that logs the FTF is truely a compulsive, numbers only, lovable, geo-nut. :)

A plain, un-camouflaged ammo can, sitting right out in the open in a huge field ...

... surrounded by about 10,000 EMPTY ammo cans. :laughing:

Hmm your giving me an evil Idea for this one but Camoflaged of course.

Hang a bunch of Decons in a tree with those snakes that popout of cans in a bunch of them.

And a log book in only 1.:)

Thanks for the idea.

There is a wildlife management animal tracking system that uses GPS technology incorporated in a collar that you put on the animal (say for instance a deer) you want to track. The collar broadcasts the coordinates of the animal and the person doing the study can pull the information up on a computer.

Fasten a geocache to the collar and put in a requirement that the deer must not be harmed in any way while you're getting the cache.

Not only does the finder have to find the deer, he has to sneak up on the deer to get the cache.

... put in a requirement that the deer must not be harmed in any way while you're getting the cache.

Umm, do you really think thats possible with this bunch? :)

:laughing:February 18 by Mopar (873 found)

I had some trouble with retrieving the container for this one. I eventually did sign the log, but I'm afraid I damaged the container. Sorry about that. I am sure you can find another one.

Took: Nothing

Left: Spent shell

Thanks for the cache!

The Disaster-Relief, Travel-Bug-Hotel, Firearm, Cemetery, Walmart, Micro, Locationless, Virtual, As-Many-Finds-As-You-Want-To-Log, Members-Only, Agenda Commercial cache. It's placed on private property without permission, within 400 feet of another cache, and the listed coordinates are off by 285 feet.

But the real kicker is Groundspeak prohibits us from discussing it in the forums.

The Disaster-Relief, Travel-Bug-Hotel, Firearm, Cemetery, Walmart, Micro, Locationless, Virtual, As-Many-Finds-As-You-Want-To-Log, Members-Only, Agenda Commercial cache. It's placed on private property without permission, within 400 feet of another cache, and the listed coordinates are off by 285 feet.

But the real kicker is Groundspeak prohibits us from discussing it in the forums.

I couldn't get this to download in my pocket query. But I heard there might be a way to hack the coordinates using the WAP interface :)

I hunted this cache. All the Travel Bugs were stolen due to being politically incorrect. :)

Oh wait, already done and approved.

OMGawd! I wish I had the stones it'll take to nab that one! Sounds absolutely fascinating... in a morbid, staring-at-a-decapitated-body-on-the-side-of-the-highway kind of way! :laughing:

The phone rang and distracted me, just as your post opened up on my moniter. At first I thought this was your suggestion of a container for the thread! :laughing::lol::)

How about a micro at the intersection of the 8 on a demolition derby track? :)

How about using sausage casing as the container and hanging the cache on a 8' stick out over the lion enclosure at the zoo?

Edited by wimseyguy

End O' The Runway Cache

Laser pointer swag only, please.

LOL - make sure the cache container is a large hard sided suitcase with TSA INSPECTED stickers all over it so the LEO's wont bother you.

worse yet - a section of green PVC and make a logging requirement that you have your picture taken holding the tube as a widebody is taking off in the background.

There have been caches with multiple containers. See the CCC thread for a bunch of them. One of them was an ammo can - or was it a bucket? Filled with film cannisters. Only one contained the log!

This cache is one of the World Famous Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches and is a narrow-neck, five-gallon water bottle with more than 60 film canisters inside of it. Only one of the film canisters has the log . . . :o

It took us 58 tries . . .

The other day I was supergluing something onto a cache to disguise it. I inadvertently glued the lid onto the container (and to my finger, but that's another story!) My teenager got quite a kick out of it and thought we should still put it out, superglued lid and all.

Y'all make us look really nice! :o

:o If you were of a twisted mischievious mind and could post a cache of ANY type, what would you do?

Wait a minute, I just realized who started this thread. You DO have a twisted mischevious mind! :(

I tried one of your puzzle caches, and all I got out of the maze was a drawing of a frog. I've been told I can buy the answer from another cacher (you know who) for around $100, but since my family likes to eat I had to pass. I've got your caches on my list to try again someday when I'm feeling inspired!

Does this mean you're planning even more twisted and mischevious caches for us? :D

Ammo can full of mud and a note "For all you cachers who like to leave items less valuable than you took, lets see what you have that's worth less than mud." :o

Don't forget to log in your virtual version 1 Mount10bike coin before you post it....

My idea for a multi: Stick a geocaching.com sticker on the neighbor's beer fridge in his garage; that's the final. WP1 is outside next to the garage; it's a garage-door opener...

Team Maccabee

There have been caches with multiple containers. See the CCC thread for a bunch of them. One of them was an ammo can - or was it a bucket? Filled with film cannisters. Only one contained the log!

This cache is one of the World Famous Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches and is a narrow-neck, five-gallon water bottle with more than 60 film canisters inside of it. Only one of the film canisters has the log . . . :o

It took us 58 tries . . .

I have one of those with 155 of them in it. :( although only one has a hint to the next stage.

Gosh I could have so much fun with that.

We have been experiencing shortages on film cans lately around here.

We have to visit like 6 costco's to fill up a plastic bag sometimes, glad I have another 100 or so film cans left I will have to put a use to those.

I could have filled up the 5 gallon water bottle to the top but It just ended up with them getting stuck.

Edited by Mystery Ink