Firehouses

Does the station have one of those poles where the personel slide down when responding to a fire?

Silly I know but you have all of the good ideas that came to mind already listed in your variables :D.

This is one that I haven't thought about. Unfortunately, since the institution of OSHA, fire poles have been banned from new construction per the NFPA. So, finding an old firehouse with a fire pole is a rarity. Thanks! :D

Does the station have one of those poles where the personel slide down when responding to a fire?

Silly I know but you have all of the good ideas that came to mind already listed in your variables <_<.

This is one that I haven't thought about. Unfortunately, since the institution of OSHA, fire poles have been banned from new construction per the NFPA. So, finding an old firehouse with a fire pole is a rarity. Thanks! <_<

Silly I know but you have all of the good ideas that came to mind already listed in your variables <_<.

This is one that I haven't thought about. Unfortunately, since the institution of OSHA, fire poles have been banned from new construction per the NFPA. So, finding an old firehouse with a fire pole is a rarity. Thanks! <_<

I'm not sure about that not able to install firepoles. We put one in Greenfield Indiana station 21 2 years ago. It was a whole new section on an old firehouse that never had a pole.

Hi,

I hope this isn't off-track. I was thinking of a sub-catagory or something like what you are talking about here of fire houses that still have the old alarm ring mounted out front. I'm not sure if it's called an alarm ring, but those big (4 or 5 feet) iron rings that hung out in front of fire houses in small communities and they would run out and bang on it with a hammer to signal the alarm.

I think there is still one in front of the Fuller Road Fire House in Colonie, NY, http://www.fullerroadfire.com/Main/FRFDhome1024.htm

near where I live (go to site and click on History link to see a pic), and I was in South Portland, Maine over the weekend and I saw one up in that region. You don't see them much anymore and rarely in cities.

I am not particularlly interested in managing this type of catagory, but it sounds like Rescue557 may be someone with some interest in it. Just a thought.

Thanks,

UncaBee

Albany, NY

Edited by UncaBee

It all depends on the states OSHA rules, NFPA i belive allows them.. I dont know if it was the NFPA (or for me MIOSHA) but we have them in our new station built 3 years ago... I belive by law, they have to have padding on the bottom....