How Many Different Geocoins Exist?

Lemon Fresh Dog

In another thread, I posted my "guess-ti-mate" that there were probably somewhere around 700 different geocoins out there.

What do other folks think? I have about 200 different metal coins in my collection and have not really been that active in trading/buying for about 3-4 months. (I still buy/trade, but not as much as I used to -- I'm getting more "selective")

Anyhow -- I figured that some of the big collectors out there would have a really good idea of how many there were. This would include all limited editions, coin club, personal, trackable, non-trackable, commercial, classics, currents, etc, etc.

When I started collecting coins sometime around the spring/summer of 2005 -- I estimated that a complete collection would be about 350 coins. Now?

No idea on "complete" but I have 511 unique coins.

That's interesting -- I "suspect" you have almost every coin there is to have. (with maybe just a few not represented). So 600ish seems to be more in-line.

I updated my total to 514 since I have some production samples and 1 of a kinds that don't make my regular online lists. And I am missing at least 100 with the various metals and vartiations available. Plus there are many personal coins out there that no one kows about until one is found... many of those can only be had in person... so your figure of 700 is definitely in the ballpark.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I think that's pretty close, but it's still not everything (at least they're missing the Dutch LE :) )

I'm sure they don't have everything. Now that there are 20 new geocoins coming out daily (okay, that's a slight exaggeration), I'm sure it's harder to keep up. They do have a place on their website where you can notify them of missing geocoins on their site.