Decoder Geocoin

Anthus

I must be missing something, the coin says "Go to geocaching.com and search for Anthus caches" Did this and get; Sorry, no results were found for this search

Is there something else to this??

I also can't see the hidden items. I suck at puzzles, I can't solve the Moun10bike one either.

;)

Edited by Cruiserdude

I must be missing something, the coin says "Go to geocaching.com and search for Anthus caches" Did this and get; Sorry, no results were found for this search

Is there something else to this??

I also can't see the hidden items. I suck at puzzles, I can't solve the Moun10bike one either.

;)

I know. We had hoped to have the cache published in conjunction with the coin release but that didn't work out. = (

We are currently working on placing our first Decoder Cache. We have the cache page and the puzzle that must be decoded all written up. That turned out to be the easy part. We've been having trouble finding a suitable location for the cache. We had a few places in mind to stash the cache, but turns out they don't support a 3 stage cache. So we went out scouting a state park in our area last weekend. There weren't any cool places there left to put our multi cache. So, yesterday we enlisted the help of a well know cacher in our area called Quest Master. He gave us some good areas to place the multi stage cache. I plan on skipping work on Wednesday to go scope out the suggested areas. Hopefully we'll have it published soon.

There are three things hidden on the coin. I'll give you a hint. The minted year is on the front where the letters are around the rim. I thought they were really obvious so I didn't offer a prize for the first one that found them.

But...........I may be organizing a contest after I get my cache placed.

Thanks....Anthus

Anthus Decoder Cache Update

We were able to place the cache today. We are currently waiting for DCNR approval. The park rangers were very helpful and very excited that they were getting a new geocache. They were even more excited when we explained how we were using the Decoder coin. We gave them an Anthus Firefighter coin for all their help.

So, holpefully in a few days the cache will be available for all to enjoy!

:)