Does Anyone Speak German?

NickPick

I'm determined not to let this be a travel bug whine, but:

A german cacher picked up my TB back in september, and then hasn't logged into geocaching.com since october. I emailed them through GC.com, and got a postmaster error. I looked at their profile, and their gallery has lots of photos of another cacher, who it looks like they went caching with quite a lot, so I sent them an email, which I thought said:

"Hi, I hope you don't mind me contacting you. Do you know a cacher called Mariendorfer? They picked up my TB, but don't seem to have dropped it anywhere. If you know them, could you aske them about it"

Paralink translation gave me:

"Hallo,

Ich hoffe, dass Sie mich nicht merken, sich mit Ihnen in Verbindung setzend.

Wissen Sie den cacher genannt Mariendorfer?

Ich versuche, mich mit ihnen in Verbindung zu setzen, wie sie meinen TB

aufnahmen aber es in ein geheimes Lager nicht geloggt haben.

Wenn Sie sie wissen, können Sie sie danach fragen?

Danke,

NickPick

PS: Schade über meinem Deutsch (http://translation1.paralink.com/)"

She replied with:

"Ja ich kenne den cacher und weiss das es ihm gesundheitleich nicht gut geht.

Weiß allerdings nicht was sie meinen. Es ist okay wenn sie mich damit

weiterhin kontaktieren.

mfg

"

Babelfish etc translate this to gobbledegook, so I was hoping somone might be able to help me out?

Hello I hope that you do not notice me, with you in connection sitting down. Do you know the cacher called Mariendorfer? I try to set me with them in connection as they mean TB took up however it to a secret camp did not log. If you know it, can you ask them for it?

German Ain't that rusty

Gekocacher

Well, it looks like internet translation engines are doing their usual trick of giving me unintelligible bollards.

So, it looks like the cacher with my TB is ill, which would explain why they haven't been caching since october.

Now I need to know how to say in German: "Thanks for the reply. I hope they get better soon, and that my TB should be the least of their worries"

Hi NickPick,

if you still need some help with the reply you can pm me what you would like to send and I'm happy to translate.

Your: "Thanks for the reply. I hope they get better soon, and that my TB should be the least of their worries" would be along the lines of: "Danke fuer die Antwort. Ich hoffe es geht ihm bald besser. Meine Frage ueber den TB ist nicht so wichtig und kann warten."

Dirk

(Full-time German)

P.S. did anyone mention the war ??? :huh: