Legend Of Bigfoot Coin

Cryptid

You will not believe me but I am gong to tell you anyway.

I walked the entire length of the Oregon Coast along Hwy 101.(1984).

From Astoria to the Redwoods of California.

When I got to the Siskiyou Forest well that's when it all happened.

I hit there at nightfall,I knew something was watching me cause the hair on the back of my neck was sticking strait up,And I smelled something that did not smell quite right.

I was also a foot.

It was then I heard it and got the most eeriest feeling I ever had.

I could see something watching from the forest and knew something was there but just could not see it.

It was very cautiuos and only moved when I moved,making it difficult to keep track of.

I am a tracker and an avid outdoorsman and knew if I could get it to a clearing I could see it.

So I fooled it by acting scared and moving towards a spot where I could get it in the open.

I did and when I saw the Bigfoot....I was scared out of my pants.

I knew I had to get out of his territory fast.

I walked all night never looking back.....here is my chance to re-live that with a geocoin.

In September 1976, my brother and I were walking through the cornfields in SW Michigan and almost walked into a Bigfoot. It was as tall or taller than the cornstalks and there hasn't been bears in those parts for 50 years. When we screamed in surprise, it ran off through the fields. In August 1978 we were scanning the same fields with binoculars and saw a large, hairy, upright creature eating apples from the middle of an apple tree. The branches of the tree were about 6' from the ground. Just because scientists haven't "discovered" it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I hit there at nightfall,I knew something was watching me cause the hair on the back of my neck was sticking strait up,And I smelled something that did not smell quite right.

I was also a foot.

I could see something watching from the forest and knew something was there but just could not see it.

It was very cautiuos and only moved when I moved,making it difficult to keep track of.

I am a tracker and an avid outdoorsman and knew if I could get it to a clearing I could see it.

So I fooled it by acting scared and moving towards a spot where I could get it in the open.

I walked all night never looking back.....here is my chance to re-live that with a geocoin.

In September 1976, my brother and I were walking through the cornfields in SW Michigan and almost walked into a Bigfoot. It was as tall or taller than the cornstalks and there hasn't been bears in those parts for 50 years. When we screamed in surprise, it ran off through the fields. In August 1978 we were scanning the same fields with binoculars and saw a large, hairy, upright creature eating apples from the middle of an apple tree. The branches of the tree were about 6' from the ground. Just because scientists haven't "discovered" it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Thanks for the stories, the highway 101 sighting gave me chills, seeing it is one thing, but being stalked by it :blink: I hope I get to hear more.

Edited by Cruiserdude

I was also a foot.

Thanks for the stories, the highway 101 sighting gave me chills, seeing it is one thing, but being stalked by it :lol: I hope I get to hear more.

I think you guys ran into my hunting partner after he had spent three weeks in the "bush" :laughing: . He's taller and bigger than me, and he has brown fur instead of white and he doesn't wash. :):laughing::)

Edited by Big JohnP

No it was a BIG FOOT,YETI,TEXAS T.

It was a cold and dreary night that night.

I was tired and just wanted to make camp.

I had walked 20 miles that day.

As I did (refer back) things were just not right.

There were no sounds............dead silence filled the forest.

The hair brissled on my neck as I heard the stick snap and knew it was something heavier than usual.

I could smell it,and it was worse than any 2 week long huntin trip I been on,I knowed I smelt but yuck...

It was sly,very sly and knew it's way around in that part of the woods,I did not I was a newbie.

The lightning did flash,

The rain did fall.

From deep in the forest,

A Big Foot did crawl.

He crawled through the mud,

And into the grass.

All I could smell,

Was his big Hairy a....

Well now he crossed the ditch,

And into the road.

And guess what folks,

He was only a toad. :)

Well let me tell ya I tucked my tail between my legs and hauled as fast as my feet could take me.

I just thought I was tired.

I just noticed the Fouke Monster is being immortalized on this coin. I lived in east Texas for a few years, not too far from Fouke (pronounced "Fowk"), Arkansas. The Fouke Monster, of course, starred in The Legend of Boggy Creek. I used to drive by the Monster Mart on U.S. 71 in Fouke. They had a silhouette you could poke your head through and have your picture taken with the monster. Monster Days are still held every spring.

Good stuff! I gotta have me one of these.

©¿©¬

OK, I just found a site that converts the time for each zone. From 09:00 pm GMT to EST would be 2 hours difference makink it 11:00 pm . Am I correct?

Nope EST is GMT -5. So 9p GMT is 4p EST.

Check out this Webpage.

Edit: I found an even better page for time conversion, just pick the time and date in GMT and click Submit and then pick place you live from the drop down list and it tells you the time.

Time Conversion Page

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Does anyone know how many of this coin are being made? Also does anyone know what the prefix is on the tracking code?

There are 500 coins made, 400 for sale on GCC. I do not know the Prefix.

Today is the day, and I'm way out in Nevada so it'll be over by the time I get back home in California. Hope it all goes well.

My guess is like AG said these will be showing up off and on at different times.

I know for register users you have 24 hours to buy, and for users that weren't registered with the site I think it is 10 minutes so keep on the look out. ;)

I bought one... After reading this thread, I should of bought two.

Then I went to the coinstore just to browse around and guess what? There where two sitting in unpaid orders.

I guess I hit the buy button more than twice....

I now have three... and will trade two when they come in.