Would Like To Hear Your Experiences...

I know you all are going to get mad that I am bringing this up. But I have been through the threads for 5 nights now and cannot find this comparison.

I was settled on and ready to buy the Legend C. Then, of course, I found one more thread that talks about the problems with the Legend under tree cover. So I started looking at the Magellans that seem like they do better in that situation. They also seem to have more features for the buck.

So, here we go. It needs to be used for simple geocaching only. I get very frustrated when my unit (very old) only gets us to within a baseballs throw to the cache.

I need a very accurate unit that can hold the lock.

It needs to be easy to use with the pc.

I like the cost of the Legend and the 500.

Am anxious for your replies.

Thanks in advance for putting up with the debate this is going to cause. :mad:

I'm kinda in the same boat. Cheapest place to get the 500 atm is Compuplus but they've raised the price $20 in the month I've been researching which to get. So now its gonna be $235 shipped after rebate.

Now the Legend Cx are out an around $250 shipped, but my understanding is that its just a Legend C with a SD card.

Search is working now but it wont let you search for 3letter words :mad: so its kinda hard to search for specific model info.

Unless your GPSr has Sirfiii then you will not find a more sensitive receiver than the 500. I recently related a narrative about my 500 in the breast pocket of my snowmobile jacket and a snowmobile trip where the unit kept perfect lock the entire 30 miles while bouncing around on a snowmobile.

In some cases the 500 seems to have a few advantages over the cx models especially w/flexability of sd card usage.

I cannot speak first hand re: the Garmin but I wholeheartedly endorse the 500.