Florida Landmarks Series Geocoins

macdonr

Announcing a pre-order for a new set of geocoins. The coins are being supplied by thecachingplace.com -- this is information from their website, with a direct link to the coin pre-order page:

- - - - - - - - - - -

Florida Landmarks Series Geocoins 2006, GC Trackable with Icon

Click here for the pre-order page.

The developers of the Florida Landmarks Series Geocoins 2006 are macdonr & Mac. of Lakeland, FL. The five coin set is GC trackable with a unique icon. The antique silver coins are 1.75" and the set includes a black drawstring bag.

This series is exclusive with only 200 sets minted, and only 180 sets are available for purchase. The series includes the following Florida landmarks:

+ Castillo de San Marcos, St. Augustine

+ Tampa Bay Hotel, Tampa

+ Union Bank, Tallahassee

+ San Pedro Shipwreck, Florida Keys

+ Crooked River Lighthouse, Carrabelle

Cost for the five coin set is $38.75. An additional shipping cost is based on the actual weight and there is a $2.00 handling fee per order (not per coin).

Preorder starts on Friday, February 10

Central European time 6:00 pm

Greenwich Mean time 5:00 pm

USA Eastern Standard time 12:00 noon

USA Central Standard time 11:00 am

USA Mountain Standard time 10:00 am

USA Pacific Standard time 9:00 am

Shipping Date: February 28, 2006

- - - - - - - - - - -

floridalandmarks2vn.jpg

Anyone else have problems ordering this series? After ordering and submitting payment via PayPal I was re-directed back to the order site but the following message appeared:

Your payment was not received by Paypal payment system.

So, I put the order through again, same result and about 10 minutes later I finally get two order confirmations with the same order number, along with two paypal receipts.

Looks like I may have an extra set if anyone is looking for one.

Anyone else have problems ordering this series? After ordering and submitting payment via PayPal I was re-directed back to the order site but the following message appeared:

Your payment was not received by Paypal payment system.

I got the same thing, and was concerned about re-ordering for fear it would produce 2 orders. I checked my paypal account, which showed a payment to The Caching Place, and then checked my email and found an order confirmation, so have to expect everything thing went thru fine, but I don't understand the cause of the message.

I guess its a general glitch in their system if more then one person got it. (maybe everyone did)

I decided to pass on this one since the only coin I really like is the lighthouse. So if anyone buys 2 sets and plans on breaking them up, please consider making a trade with the lighthouse coin with me. Thanks.

I also passed on this set. I wish there were sold speretly. I would like to trade for the Castillo De San Marcos. I really like that one. If anyone would like to trade, I would like get that one. Thanks.

I clicked the above link just because (it's 5 hours after the sale) and I was able to order a set, and pay via paypal.

I wasn't going to get this set and I really don't want it...so I will probably be offerring it soon...(I will first offer it to geochums members)

I just thought it was weird I was able to get the coin set...are there more than 200 sets being made?

We received a bunch of nice coins today, but this series are by far my favs of the ones received today (which is saying a lot, because the other coins we received are often commented as being others favorites). The 3D dies were rendered very well, and the coins are a joy to look at. I'm looking forward to more in this series.

--Marky - K6FTF