Compass Rose 2006

LadyBee4T

I recon this maybe misplaced, but for those who responded to the presale email from USAGEOCOINS for '06 The Compass Rose Coin, have you heard anything? I was of the mind that those who made the cut were to receive a bill by now. Has anyone gotten that far? or should I just presume that I missed another boat?

I recon this maybe misplaced, but for those who responded to the presale email from USAGEOCOINS for '06 The Compass Rose Coin, have you heard anything? I was of the mind that those who made the cut were to receive a bill by now. Has anyone gotten that far? or should I just presume that I missed another boat?

I preordered 4 and have not received an invoice yet. USA typically doesn't invoice until the coins are in transit to them tho.

I preordered 4 and have not received an invoice yet. USA typically doesn't invoice until the coins are in transit to them tho.

We do not have the coins yet but they are being shipped to us. We do not bill until we actually have the coins in stock just in case something gets lost on the way to us, etc. etc.

Due to the amount of invoices they will be done over a space of time. If you don't get your invoice the first day that doesn't mean you aren't on the list. :P

Edited by Eric K

Per the usageocoins website

"(Currently all coins have been reserved)

Expected delivery is mid March

(subject to change)"

Does anyone else feel angry that a commericial site handled this popular coin only via invitation only pre-sales

It is my understanding that they are only handling an initial quantity of the coins, and that after they have sold their allotment, they would be available directly from the makers site.

edit: I don't believe that they have not yet determined a total minting quantity yet either.

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies

(subject to change)"

Does anyone else feel angry that a commericial site handled this popular coin only via invitation only pre-sales

Yes, I think it is wrong. The thing that is really screwed up is that at c&p, they say that the coins will not be pre-sold at any website. Either usageoco*** broke their word or there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

(subject to change)"

Yes, I think it is wrong. The thing that is really screwed up is that at c&p, they say that the coins will not be pre-sold at any website. Either usageoco*** broke their word or there was a misunderstanding somewhere.

I agree 100%. I am very upset that a select few got the coin and now we will probably end up buying from them on Ebay. A buch of crap!!

My gawd, what's happening with the angst in this forum anymore?

The Compass Rose coins are going to be sold to EVERYONE. That reserve list was a courtesy to previous customers of USAGeocoins, which is a darn nice way for a company to say "thanks for patronizing us". What's so darn wrong with someone rewarding loyalty around here, and why do some folks get so --> kaioken.gif <-- instead of just asking the company involved?

I suppose I should just realize that it's way easier to complain on the forums.

I think all you have to do to get the reservation emails from USAGeocoins is sign up for the newsletter. Then you too will get the invited to 'invitation only' pre-sales. They do not flood you with email either, just when there is a coin to sell.

I recently had to change the email on their list to my work address so I would have a chance of getting one of these coins! Each time I received an email I went to the site immediately to sign up but they were already sold out! You folks are fast!!

(subject to change)"

This was hashed out in the original thread... they both agreed that a "reservation" is NOT a "pre-sale" since money hadn't actually changed hands.

I think all you have to do to get the reservation emails from USAGeocoins is sign up for the newsletter. Then you too will get the invited to 'invitation only' pre-sales. They do not flood you with email either, just when there is a coin to sell.

I recently had to change the email on their list to my work address so I would have a chance of getting one of these coins! Each time I received an email I went to the site immediately to sign up but they were already sold out! You folks are fast!!

you have to be up at something like midnight eastern time to get them, that is when the last several e-mails went out.

you have to be up at something like midnight eastern time to get them, that is when the last several e-mails went out.

I'm on the email list and still missed this one. Still think it is bogus! And look for another place I've posted that was negative.

My gawd, what's happening with the angst in this forum anymore?

The Compass Rose coins are going to be sold to EVERYONE. That reserve list was a courtesy to previous customers of USAGeocoins, which is a darn nice way for a company to say "thanks for patronizing us". What's so darn wrong with someone rewarding loyalty around here, and why do some folks get so --> kaioken.gif <-- instead of just asking the company involved?

I suppose I should just realize that it's way easier to complain on the forums.

Heh, looks like no one even paid attention to this post!

And weren't these actually made by another site and the USA place just were able to reserve a certain number of them? So the other site will still have them as well as mentioned?

I'm on the email list and still missed this one. Still think it is bogus! And look for another place I've posted that was negative.

I'm on their list, and I can certify that it is not bogus. Some of the coins I've been able to reserve were:

the Compass Rose

the USA 2005 .999 Silver

the USA 2006 version 1a

the german coin set,

True, the list did come out late at night sometimes, but it is not a bogus list. You have to be quick anywhere to order. :huh:

I got my order of 152 custom engraved coins for our local group. Now I just need to get them to pick them up and pay me for them! :D It was a pain to go through the coins and seperate them out into seperate orders since I had to read the engraving on every coin! They turned out great, by the way.

--Marky - K6FTF

:anicute:

Would anyone like to go in with me on a bulk order for these coins? To get the bulk order pricing you need to order at least 50 coins. If we got say 30 ordered I could make up the rest probably--I just can pay for and don't want 50.

The reason I'm asking is that for some reason I didn't receive the first emeail announcing the sale of the 600 coins (no not in my spam folder either) I watched the site and my email most of the day. When I finally got the email saying they had an additional 200 coins they were all gone too so I lost out. Ordering through CoinsandPins individually won't be an option for me as I will be on vacation and won't have computer access then.

So......unless someone would order a few extra for me and my caching buddy the bulk order in about the only way I can get one.

Please email me through my profile. Thanks!

As I had a great response, I placed an order which hopefully will go through a little while ago for those who had requested them as of that time 3PM EST. If this got too big I couldn't put them all on my credit card you see. If anyone requested some after then I will try to see if the order can be increased but I can't make any promises.

Hi, I would order 5 if you can fit me in?? Let me know and I will paypal....asap. Thank you.

I've never received my invoice ... and now the C&P web site looks like it's still a work in progress. Anyone else on the original notification that didn't get an invoice?

Sure, they're making more, but the USA site is still showing that they'll arrive mid-Feb. If you're gonna have a web site, you really ought to keep it up to date, or just take it down until it's right.

I've never received my invoice ... and now the C&P web site looks like it's still a work in progress. Anyone else on the original notification that didn't get an invoice?

Sure, they're making more, but the USA site is still showing that they'll arrive mid-Feb. If you're gonna have a web site, you really ought to keep it up to date, or just take it down until it's right.

You may need to refresh your browser. The page with the Compass Rose geocoin states Mid March.

The original list of reservations were all invoiced. We then sent out an additional mailing stating due to incorrect e-mail addresses, some invoices not being paid, etc. that there were some left. We sent that information to people on our mailing list.

Those invoices HAVE NOT been sent as of yet.

Thank you

Thank you Beverly for all the hard work, It is truly appreciated. and What a Beautiful Coin, I love it. Does any know how many years a compass rose has been minted. Is there only 2005 and 2006? I need a trade....and yep... I'll take that up under a different thread !.

Compass Rose 2006 has landed to Finland. This coin is so beautiful!!! Thank you so much Beverly!

We got our 2 in today and they turned out great! Thanks again Beverly for putting this together!!

Thank you Beverly for all the hard work, It is truly appreciated. and What a Beautiful Coin, I love it.

Yes it is an AWESOME coin!!! Its thanks to all of YOU that we were able to get them too.

You're all very welcome! :):D:D

Compass Rose 2006 has landed to Finland. This coin is so beautiful!!! Thank you so much Beverly!

We got our 2 in today and they turned out great! Thanks again Beverly for putting this together!!

Thank you Beverly for all the hard work, It is truly appreciated. and What a Beautiful Coin, I love it.

Yes it is an AWESOME coin!!! Its thanks to all of YOU that we were able to get them too.

You're all very welcome! ;):D:D

;) Thanks so much for putting this together for us. You are simply the best. :D