States Map

drfife

Here's a link to a site that will generate a US states map:

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

It was designed to display a US map of states visited. It could be used for geocaches as well.

It generates a map in jpeg, gif or png formats as well as small (198X100), medium (396X200) or large (594X300).

There is also a map available for Canada:

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/Vi...dProvinces.html

Thought some of you guys and gals might find a good use for these links.

Russell

Dallas, Texas

Where's Hawaii? :(

Since the map has a link to an RV camping supply store, they just assume you didn't ship your RV across the ocean for your road trip :)

I suppose, then, that its caching usefulness is somewhat limited. I would have switched my states map too, I like the colors better on this one.

I suppose, then, that its caching usefulness is somewhat limited. I would have switched my states map too, I like the colors better on this one.

You could always just toss the world66 map into Paint, select 4 or 5 colors you like, and color it yourself, but this takes a little time.

Or, while you're at it, color code the map to show useful information, such as by year. (although the legend isn't included in that graphic, but I could add it in if I wanted)

I called them today and they said they would offer a map of Hawaii as soon as someone drive's over there.

Some companies offer a service where you can have your vehicle shipped over in a sealed crate (for a not-too-small fee). Would this count :D ? I even know somebody who did it when they retired and bought a condo on Oahu.

I called them today and they said they would offer a map of Hawaii as soon as someone drive's over there.

Some companies offer a service where you can have your vehicle shipped over in a sealed crate (for a not-too-small fee). Would this count :huh: ? I even know somebody who did it when they retired and bought a condo on Oahu.

Hmmm...while I was in Hawaii, I did see vehicles from other states (Texas and California). A lot of the soldiers stationed on the islands had their vehicles shipped over there.

LORD Grant me one wish!

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a

sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."

Suddenly the sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice the

Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways,

I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime

I, or anyone else, want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the

Enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports equired to reach the bottom of the Pacific. The concrete and steel it would take. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things.

Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honor and glorify Me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I

wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel

inside, what they are thinking when they give me the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "Do you want lights on that bridge?"

So, I guess this means we'll be driving over there after all. :huh: