Csx Weirdness Lately

I don't know if its a selection in one of the menus I made, but lately directions to and from POIs are not the best routes.

As an example, while I was out on my errands today, I asked it to show me the shortest route from the post office back home. It gave me a 2.5 mi. route that intuitively would not seem like the shortest route, so I turned on the trip computer and drove my usual way. My own way was half a mile shorter. These aren't backcountry roads, these are well known streets that CN has in its database. I don't seem to remember running into this problem in the first few days I got CN loaded, I'm not quite sure why its doing it now.

BTW, route settings are on "car" and "avoid uturns", CN is definitely showing in map setup, and route calculation is on "best"...

Just did it both ways...same exact route. I distinctly remember it giving me known shorter routes. I don't understand why it would bonk out now.

Also, does anyone know how long unsaved tracks stay on the map? MacGPSPro needs to download unsaved tracks in order to keep time stamps. But on recent walks, I didn't save the tracks, but instead turned tracks off in the menu. After maybe two or three times turning the unit on/off, the tracks disappeared...

This is just getting weirder by the day. Today I had a route set up with about 7 waypoints, some of which included the same areas I had problems with yesterday.

The directions were absurdly off, it would start spitting out directions for turns that should have happened at the beginning of my trip (with map info for corresponding roads). What's more, in the turn by turn directions page, it specifically deleted the first stop of the route!

Then it just hit me that on a separate occassion, I had problems with routing from the same geographical area.

Is it possible that City Nav has bad patches of map data, so that any directions leading to and from it would be erroneous?

Let's say I were to do a hard reset, does this affect the SD card in anyway, i.e. will I lose the map data saved on it?