Gps Article On The News Tonight

TygerD

Actually, the story started from an event I hosted on Jan. 21 - the Waukesha JanBoree Geocaching Style. We had news coverage by all the networks. Fox6 picked up on the story and I did a 1.75 hr interview last Friday morning followed by a 1 hour interview at our local REI followed by a 1 hour geocaching experience with the Ecoranger family. The news segment included bits and pieces from all three interviews.

Yes, I teach "Intro to Geocaching" classes for the local Park & Recreation Depts since I am a Recreation Supervisor for the City of Greenfield.

We thought they did a great job of really showing what Geocaching is and I am hoping to see even more beginners in the upcoming workshops. I do a PowerPoint presentation complete with a nice folder of handouts and resource materials. Afterwards, participants are paired up with experienced geocachers to seek a series of temporary caches that demonstrate different cache hides so they also get experience with different GPS units. I ask for the kids ages so we can stock at least one if not two of the caches with some nice goodies. If the classes are large, I am able to rent GPS units from a local school.

That was the article that got me started, have been looking for a complimentary hobby for my family and I to do while motorcycling and camping.

I just ordered a Magellan eXplorist 600 yesterday, I feel like a kid at christmas it should be here tuesday :)

hopfully I won't ask too many anoying newbie questions

Look forward to meeting everyone in the area.