Jazzed Up Cache Pages!

Hi recently i have been obsessed with My Cache Page and i have been wondering why some peoples are so well dull so why dont you Jazz up yours!!

I just think its really good for its one of the first things people look at before meeting you so its a key point in my eyes.

Are there any jazzed up cache pages you know "send em here" if your is jazzed up "send em here" looking forward to your posts.

Respect, Da Rubber Chicken

Hi recently i have been obsessed with My Cache Page and i have been wondering why some peoples are so well dull so why dont you Jazz up yours!!

I just think its really good for its one of the first things people look at before meeting you so its a key point in my eyes.

Are there any jazzed up cache pages you know "send em here" if your is jazzed up "send em here" looking forward to your posts.

Respect, Da Rubber Chicken

Looks like you've put a lot of effort into that, looks good! Like it.

Cheers

James :ph34r:

Also you have to remember not everyone is on a broadband connection, and don`t want to be bombarded with lots of multimedia players popping up when all they want to do it look at your stats and general information. Some are still on dial up and probably don`t want to wait for a video to load up.

Sometime the KIS (Keep It Simple) works better. Web pages can look too busy and unreadable if you try to add too much.

Pengy.

Yay! Green Day!

But I would suggest making the video not play automatically, since most people won't be expecting music :laughing:

If you edit the HTML for the video where it says

showcontrols="1" showstatusbar="1" autosize="true"

just add an extra bit

showcontrols="1" showstatusbar="1" autosize="true" autostart="false"

that should stop it playing automatically.

Aside from that, top marks!

DRC,

1. Where did you pick up the video? Is it in the public domain, i.e. freely availble to be viewed, and listened to?

Otherwise, you may be infringing copyright laws, performing rights and a few other things.

2. Make the playing of the video optional, not everybody uses broadband - honest. And there is nothing more annoying than being on dialup and watching a page try and load something you don't want.

3. The Counter has advertising associated with it, if you want a counter, either write your own, or get some free code (JavaScript).

4. Otherwise nice to see you playing with HTML

5. Green Day - good choice. Especially their early stuff.

6. Didn't you meet me out caching?

7. And finally - never, never use Flash no matter what people tell you :-)

Regards

Paul