Red Check Marks In Gc Maps

shunra

Am I the only one who has this problem?...

I've noticed your concern as well (the cache maps seem a little sluggish in updating as well),

though personally I wouldn't call it a problem.

From my understanding sometimes the "map server" just needs a good talking to

and then it gets back in line like a good server, for awhile anyway. :)

Shunra,

The slow map updates have been an issue almost since the day those maps came into use. For cachers like me who use them quite frequently it has become an annoyance. The only saving grace is that if you choose "identify" and click on a map the information will be current, and caches that appeared invisible will come up in the list. But it is more than a little frustrating to find caches and then not see them checked off on the map weeks later. I wonder why a problem this long-standing continues to go unfixed--is a new map server coming?

ITW

Shunra,

The slow map updates have been an issue almost since the day those maps came into use. For cachers like me who use them quite frequently it has become an annoyance. The only saving grace is that if you choose "identify" and click on a map the information will be current, and caches that appeared invisible will come up in the list. But it is more than a little frustrating to find caches and then not see them checked off on the map weeks later. I wonder why a problem this long-standing continues to go unfixed--is a new map server coming?

ITW

Feel fortunate I guess that you can even see the maps. On just about every new cache that comes up now the maps don't even show up on the cache page on my puter. Any reason for this that you know of?

Feel fortunate I guess that you can even see the maps. On just about every new cache that comes up now the maps don't even show up on the cache page on my puter. Any reason for this that you know of?

I think it's all the same issue. New caches and found cache information is not updated reliably because some function fails.

Either hope a frog sees this thread, or e-mail the support group, and it will be fixed for a little while. And then stop again...

Weird. I re-ran it for you. It did run this week but I'll run it again for everyone else.

Thanks, Jeremy!

A Responsive site owner is certainly ONE big advantage that GC has over TC. :-)

Keep up the good work.

Daniel

Having said that... I now don't get any red checkmarks at all! :grin: