I Need Software Help

stavros72

I have a DELL AXIM X50v PPC (PDA) whatever you call it. (palm pilot maybe?)

With a i.Trek GPS flash card.

I primarily use it with destinator but that is no good for geocaching.

Can someone please let me know what software I should be using.

Preferably I would like something I could dowload as freeware or shareware.

Cheers

GPXSONAR will give you paperless caching. Cost is cheap - I think under $20.

Mapopolis.com will give you auto-routing - 80-100 but you can try it for free for 9 days. USed with gpxtomaplet you can overlay all your caches onto their street maps so you can see where all the caches are and auto-navigate from onme to the other. Mapopolis also can be used in the woods as it also povide a bearing arrow and compass rose, distance to cache, current coordiantes, elevation, etc.

I load my Axim X51v via GSAK to an SD card in my laptop. I personally use the HTML download to E:\, and usually load about 1500 nearest caches at a time. It only takes a very short time, then pop the SD card into the Axim and you're ready to go...without having any programs loaded in the Dell. The first time you do this, tap file explorer, then Cache, then SD, then 1Index. From then on it's always in there. I have it set up to come on to either the cache I'm curently near, or else the Master Index for the caches, depending on which button I press.

Anyone use Smache? Tried using and it looks like it has some potential but I am having problems getting it to work.

I'll second that, Smache has some potential, but still a little buggy. After trying GPS Tuner, and GPS Dash2, my vote still goes to BeeLine, it is easy to use, while still being a very robust program.