Best Indiana Caches

dougsmiley

I'm trying to decide what cache should be my 100th. I'm at 70 right now, so it's time to think about it. Another thread mentioned the Plainfield Park Challenge, which sounds neat. I'd have to do that one at #93 since there are 6 caches to find before the 7 stage multi. I've also considered Indiana Spirit Quest #1 or one of the "Little Dam Micro" series.

I thought about shelter II, but making it a milestone would be near impossible due to the days, weeks, months, years? :blink: of searching I would likely have to do.

Well, there's the Greater Lafayette Geocache that could be a good one to go after if you are masochistic enough. :)

Seriously, what I might recommend is find a cache that you will want to bring up in geocaching conversation at events and the like. Then you can append it with "And I made it my 100th find." Perhaps an out-of-the-way cache, a nice puzzle or multi, or even an event. (An event was my 200th.)

Beffums and I did The Falls of the Ohio (GC55E) in Louisville/Jeffersonville for our 200th. Of course this one is a way removed from your typical haunts from what caches I've seen that you've found. As a bonus, you could get well on your way to 200 with a visit to the greater Louisville area. That place is really saturated with caches. Have fun!

I might save that one for a later date. It would be neat, but it's just too far to travel right now. This goes for both the falls of ohio and the greater lafayette caches. I'm all for new kinds of caches though. A little variety never hurts. I like multis and I don't care that it's just for one smilie.

I'll probaly hit some milestone at the spring picnic (250.. 300?). Talk about a cache saturated area. Wow. Might hit 200 on CITO day.

No events to go to for my 100th. Meet and eat sounds fun, but again, it's just a little too far to drive right now.

I'd really like to find a challanging one. I'll take GG's advice and hit Check Your Sources.. again... when I have 99. If that fails (which it probaly will!) I'll need some sort of backup plan.

Speaking of check your sources, anyone planning to stop by there soon? It's really no problem for me to get over there and I'll gladly join anyone who stops by as long as i'm free. Won't be long till it needs it own thread!

We really enjoyed "Soggy Bottom" and thought it was extremely clever, but sadly it has been archived. We also enjoyed the "Geo the Greybeard" series of caches (GCMN95, GCMN9N, GCMN9H, GCMN8J, GCMN9R) and think they could be a fun series to run for a landmark.

joe

Yes, behind the sun does look interesting. It seems like a good backup plan if my Check Your Sources hunt is unsuccessful. It's even on the way home from check your sources. I'll travel further for #200. Probaly the Pokagon CITO.

Maybe visiting Behind the Sun is just what you need in order to find Check Your Sources... B)

edited to quote the correct person.

Edited by CookCrew

I'm trying to decide what cache should be my 100th.

The countdown is on! I just checked your stats again to see how close you were getting. Looks like you will be at the big number 100 soon. Be sure to post your adventure here so we can see which one you picked and if it was fun.

Well I gotta pick now, it's 99. 98 was an FTF on Fishers Challenge 4, which was exciting. I wasn't going to waste 15 minutes for two filler caches to make it 100, though.

I kinda doubt it'll be check your sources. I was just out there a week or so ago and i'm really out of ideas. I tried shelter 2 for #100, but, like many before me, failed to find the thing.

I thought i'd hit 100 sooner, but now i could go to one of the further away ones. I look over the replies again to see if one stands out to me.

The Greater Lafayette Geocache looks like a good challange for me, as I have not done alot of urban caching. I definatly have not done a multi to this level, either. Might make the trip out sometime this week.

I might go look for shelter II again first though, we'll see. Can always save it for #200 though.

The Greater Lafayette Geocache looks like a good challange for me,

Expect to spend 12 hours on it. It is not an quick cache. But it is very satisfying. It is both urban and non-urban and will take you everywhere in Tippecanoe county. Well, almost everywhere. :-)

Try grabbing the Wander Indiana Micro Traveler if it ever gets re-placed. (Looks like that it's been held onto for a month.) Too bad there aren't many travelling caches in the area; I was lucky enough to hit #100 on one (which is out in Colorado these days).

The Greater Lafayette Geocache was my #250. Trust me, you'll want to start on that with a few caches to go as there are a good number of caches along that GLGC's route.