Top Brass At Garmin International

Didjerrydo

Does anyone in the forum know the email addresses of any top dogs at Garmin International.

I would just like to let them know what kind of useless "tech help" Garmin users often get by their 800 technical help line. As a Garmin dealer what I usually receive is a "canned" response, that avoids the real issue, from a person that seems on the defensive and assumes everyons calling is a GPS idiot. I'd just like to let some of Garmin's higher-ups know of this situation.

i have called garmin many times and your description of their support people is accurate. that is definately their position when it comes to features, suggestions or comments/negatives on how well or poorly something works.

on the plus side they are extremely good when it comes to a defective or non-functional unit - they are quick to respond and very supportive.

i have no email addresses for you other than:

support@garmin.com

sales@garmin.com

cartography@garmin.com

if you send to all maybe someone in a higher position will be made aware of this.

Edited by Vlad

Perhaps if you write a snail mail to a few GARMIN EXECUTIVES at

Garmin International

1200 E. 151st Street

Olathe, KS 66062-3426

You might also try firstname.lastname@garmin.com (example: min.kao@garmin.com)

or firstinitiallastname@garmin.com (example: mkao@garmin.com)

Also, as a dealer, INVESTOR RELATIONS may be very interested in hearing what you have to say

Edited by Neo_Geo

while this does not help much with your question, I wonder if their support is "off shore", out-sourced.

I work in tech support and I'm an electronics 'geek' so I end up calling support lines often. It is my experience that the support described by your excellent description comes from organizations with this out-sourced support. And just try to get it escalated or talk to a supervisor. As a holder of a degree in electronics, that is, someone who only calls support when I have to (and guess what I do read that free manual (RTFM) - when I have to <grin>, I resent being asked to 'reboot my computer and other useless make work exercises.

Spend way to long on hold only to be given the run-around and not get the questions asked. Sure glad I have not had to call Garmin's support line.

cc\

while this does not help much with your question, I wonder if their support is "off shore", out-sourced.

I work in tech support and I'm an electronics 'geek' so I end up calling support lines often. It is my experience that the support described by your excellent description comes from organizations with this out-sourced support. And just try to get it escalated or talk to a supervisor. As a holder of a degree in electronics, that is, someone who only calls support when I have to (and guess what I do read that free manual (RTFM) - when I have to <grin>, I resent being asked to 'reboot my computer and other useless make work exercises.

Spend way to long on hold only to be given the run-around and not get the questions asked. Sure glad I have not had to call Garmin's support line.

cc\

I wonder were all the people are that have raved about how wonderful Garmins teck support are now.

You might try this address with smail mail :) Like I have said they can all suck. You should also talk to your Garmin rep. Tell him you may cut back on your Garmin selection, they work on commision.

Garmin Lmt.

I wonder were all the people are that have raved about how wonderful Garmins teck support are now.

You might try this address with smail mail :huh: Like I have said they can all suck. You should also talk to your Garmin rep. Tell him you may cut back on your Garmin selection, they work on commision.

Garmin Lmt.

I'm here. :o

...as IF Magellan's support is SOOOoooooo much better! :huh:

At least Garmin's stuff generally works well when they get them to market. It took Magellan 6 months to acknowledge all of the problems with the Explorist line and put out a firmware update for them :)

Edited by Neo_Geo

You might try this address with smail mail :huh: Like I have said they can all suck. You should also talk to your Garmin rep. Tell him you may cut back on your Garmin selection, they work on commision.

Garmin Lmt.

I'm here. :o

...as IF Magellan's support is SOOOoooooo much better! :huh:

At least Garmin's stuff generally works well when they get them to market. It took Magellan 6 months to acknowledge all of the problems with the Explorist line and put out a firmware update for them :)

I have never had a problem with my exporist 500, And I bought the day it came out. I have not had a problem with my Meridian gold or my Sport trak color.

THis is Garmins CEO

Kao Min Hwan

Kao Min Hwan