Large Scale Clean Up

We placed what has turned out to be one of our favorite caches in a beautiful area in a State Park (with permission of course). Unfortunately dumpers have placed their used refrigerators, bikes, matresses and other large items within a few 100 feet of the cache. Both trash and cache are at the bottom of a large hill. It's a steep climb that you have to basically slide down pratically on your behind.

I really would like to see this area cleaned up and that junk hauled out. I need trucks, winches, muscles, most likely we'll need antibiotics.....Looking for advice from people who have done it. How do I go about accomplishing just a large task? We've already been told that the park will not help foot the bill on this one, so we're on our own.

... in a beautiful area in a State Park (with permission of course). Unfortunately dumpers have placed their used refrigerators, bikes, matresses and other large items....

This is very very similar to Left Nothing; Took Another Dump by Signal & Friends. In that case, we used the existing Pennsylvania-wide program to help us with some resources for where the crap ought to go. The state had arranged for the local landfill to be open on this day and to take the stuff that we volunteers delivered to them. The state park did hook us up with the dumptruck, though. Hope you can convince your guy to do ti!

You'll need winches! Try to contact some local Jeep (or other 4WD) club. Those guys usually have winches and love to use 'em! Look here for an example: CITO: HAY CREEK BLOCK PARTY by Team Skadog

Also, look at this thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=122706

Looking For 4-wheel-drive Help?

Edited by MissJenn