Garmin 60csx Questions

Dave1091

I am new to this website and also new to the Garmin GPS unit (60 Csx) I recently purchased. I have some questions that maybe current users of this device could answer.

I got the City Nav 7 and Topo maps software for this unit. I noticed that I couldn’t have both maps display when I look at the map screen. Is their a way or setting that I must perform to enable both maps to display at the same time on the screen?

Next in the Satellite setting I noticed that there is a "D" displayed in some of the bars when they show a good signal. Just wanted to know what this symbol represented. It is not in the manual that comes with the device?

I was able to get a good lock when these D symbols were displayed it showed 13 feet +/- The best as to date of range that it showed. The norm is 20ft +/- range. Not to pleased with this when it comes to Geo caching because I've heard older models getting locks with in 3-5 ft.

The routes setting? What is the best way to set this up? I used it to go to work and it sent me a longer way than normal. It seems every time I change the setting it is giving me a longer or short way but not the best way of travel. Confused, Basically it is giving crazy routes allot of the time. What is your best set up that you guys found for these settings.

Looking for a bigger SD flash card for this unit. The biggest that I found was 256 mb. I would like to place the biggest card available in the unit and need to know where I could find it for the best price.

Well overall I am very pleased with the unit. I work as a paramedic and we use the Garmin touch screen device 2600? unit to get to places for emergencies. I must say it beats most of our map books out when it comes to locating an incident. Sometimes we don’t find a road because there is new construction in our area and updates are not yet available from the GPS unit.

Well thanks for your help.

I am new to this website and also new to the Garmin GPS unit (60 Csx) I recently purchased. I have some questions that maybe current users of this device could answer.

I got the City Nav 7 and Topo maps software for this unit. I noticed that I couldn’t have both maps display when I look at the map screen. Is their a way or setting that I must perform to enable both maps to display at the same time on the screen?

Next in the Satellite setting I noticed that there is a "D" displayed in some of the bars when they show a good signal. Just wanted to know what this symbol represented. It is not in the manual that comes with the device?

I was able to get a good lock when these D symbols were displayed it showed 13 feet +/- The best as to date of range that it showed. The norm is 20ft +/- range. Not to pleased with this when it comes to Geo caching because I've heard older models getting locks with in 3-5 ft.

The routes setting? What is the best way to set this up? I used it to go to work and it sent me a longer way than normal. It seems every time I change the setting it is giving me a longer or short way but not the best way of travel. Confused, Basically it is giving crazy routes allot of the time. What is your best set up that you guys found for these settings.

Looking for a bigger SD flash card for this unit. The biggest that I found was 256 mb. I would like to place the biggest card available in the unit and need to know where I could find it for the best price.

Well overall I am very pleased with the unit. I work as a paramedic and we use the Garmin touch screen device 2600? unit to get to places for emergencies. I must say it beats most of our map books out when it comes to locating an incident. Sometimes we don’t find a road because there is new construction in our area and updates are not yet available from the GPS unit.

Well thanks for your help.

Oh Imperial One!

I have only the cs, but I'll answer some of your questions:

a) you cannot have both maps displayed at the same time; however, one map has priority over the other, and I think it would be the City Nav if both are toggled on.

b)The D's mean that the WAAS correction is in play.

c)If you want to adjust your routing, instead of point A to B, you may try point A to A(1), A(2), A(3),etc..B

d)Try the Sandisk web site. It will tell you which is the biggest.

e)On Garmin's website, undermap updates, they have a link to "Error Report Form". This is were you let them know of corrections/updates and hope it appears in the next release of City Select.

Most of your questions are answered in NeoGeo's FAQ at http://home.houston.rr.com/gpsr/

NG, since this is likely to quickly become a FAQ, can you please add:

Q) What is the largest memory that my X series will support?

A) As of Feb, 2006 the largest available on the market is 512MB. Several users report these work fine, as expected. 1GB MicroSD was announced by Sandisk in Jan, 2006 and is expected to be available soon, but at this time they have not been qualified. It's widely expected that they'll work.